HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Off-Season Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
  #76
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
I don't understand those that want to bring up Namestnikov, Paquette, Gudlevskis, and Kucherov. Palat & Johnson had years of AHL experience and became a force this year. Namestnikov just turned 21, Kucherov will be 21 all of next year, Paquette will be 21 all of next year, Gudlevskis will be 22 all of next year, plus we'll have Drouin at 19...and Robert cited 18 year old Erne as reason not to bring in a Forward. Connolly will also be 22 all of next year.

We are throwing kids against the Bruins who are throwing men. The only ones that should be up next year are Connolly who is out of options and Drouin who gains nothing by going to QMJHL and would probably dominate in the AHL as well. We are sitting in an excellent position cap wise and most of these players are 2 years out. Makes no sense to rush them...and Kucherov should have gone back to AHL if it wasn't for injuries and non-performance from our vets.

No sense in rushing these kids just because - talent. Panik, Palat, Johnson, Killorn, Gudas, Brown, Barberio & Sustr are ready for the NHL. Kucherov, Namestnikov, Paquette, Gudlevskis are not. Drouin and Connolly we have to put on the roster. No need to rush the kids...especially with TONS of cap space we have available - especially if no Malone/Purcell/Lindback/Salo contracts and after we re-sign all the RFA kids.

Werewolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 06:31 PM
  #77
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
I don't understand those that want to bring up Namestnikov, Paquette, Gudlevskis, and Kucherov. Palat & Johnson had years of AHL experience and became a force this year. Namestnikov just turned 21, Kucherov will be 21 all of next year, Paquette will be 21 all of next year, Gudlevskis will be 22 all of next year, plus we'll have Drouin at 19...and Robert cited 18 year old Erne as reason not to bring in a Forward. Connolly will also be 22 all of next year.

We are throwing kids against the Bruins who are throwing men. The only ones that should be up next year are Connolly who is out of options and Drouin who gains nothing by going to QMJHL and would probably dominate in the AHL as well. We are sitting in an excellent position cap wise and most of these players are 2 years out. Makes no sense to rush them...and Kucherov should have gone back to AHL if it wasn't for injuries and non-performance from our vets.

No sense in rushing these kids just because - talent. Panik, Palat, Johnson, Killorn, Gudas, Brown, Barberio & Sustr are ready for the NHL. Kucherov, Namestnikov, Paquette, Gudlevskis are not. Drouin and Connolly we have to put on the roster. No need to rush the kids...especially with TONS of cap space we have available - especially if no Malone/Purcell/Lindback/Salo contracts and after we re-sign all the RFA kids.
I'd be surprised if Paquette's not on the NHL team next year, based on how he was used in the playoffs. Cooper had a lot of options and went with Paquette. I think he'll be a mainstay on the fourth line next year.

If a guy's ready for the NHL, I think we should play him. I don't want to rush guys who aren't ready (Namestnikov comes to mind), but I'd rather just let the team grow from the ground up, and grow together, than acquire "patch-job" players to bridge the gap between now and the future.

Kucherov seems borderline ready, but he should be improved next year. He might actually be a bit ahead of Barberio though. Sustr might be a little further along in some areas (positioning), but I wouldn't mind sending him back down because I don't think there's a lot he could work on (strength).

I don't mind getting vets as long as they fill current needs, like our D. I assume we'll be trying to bring in at least one. But I don't want to after short-term guys who would already have their replacements waiting in the wings.

DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 06:32 PM
  #78
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Ok so I think Pyatt will be gone. Cooper always hesitated to play him (for whatever reasons) and we have a lot of young talented players knocking at the door.

What do we make of the Paquette call-up? Has he already established himself as a valid 3rd/4th line center? What about Namestnikov?

Purcell should be gone either via trade (oh please somebody take him) or buyout, Malone will most likely not be in our plans (buyout, out-clause, rehab) while guys like Drouin and Connolly will get a good chance (Connolly pretty much has to due to his waiver status) to make the team.
Paquette played well - still needs seasoning. NHL prospect and should be organizational depth on injury but I think he still is 2 years out. There is a roster spot if no Malone on 4th line LW open - rather sign Pyatt for 2 years and have Paquette call-up in case of injury to a third or fourth line. He becomes RFA two years from now...perfect transition plan for him.

Namestnikov is a beast of a player and EXCELLENT chemistry with Kucherov. Both should be in Syracuse and on-call for 2 more years - same time table as Paquette. These kids should be winning cups in the AHL transitioning the next wave of stars.

Hedman/FA Acquisition
Carle/Gudas
Brewer/Sustr

Barberio/Sustr/Aulie plus Witkowski/Nesterov/Sergeev call-ups on injury willl net us playoffs again. Gudas/Sustr/Barbs are on the 250 - 300 game plan and will come back better/stronger/smarter next year.

Honestly 3D does nothing if we are throwing a bunch of 21 year olds on the ice next season. Replace the vet contracts (Purcell/Malone/Salo) with vet contracts and add Connolly + Drouin.

Werewolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 06:56 PM
  #79
Unfinished Business
Registered User
 
Unfinished Business's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
where wolf we dont have the money first.

Second I think most of the other guys you named are blah.

Namestnikov is a STAR. I actually think he is way more ready than kucherov was. He is more solid two way player I would say he is step down from brown but better right now than the rest like killorn panik kucherov etc.

He also will become probably one of the three smartest hockey IQ minds on this team so I am ready for that. We saw what palat brings. Drouin is gonna bring a lot also and vladdy is same type.

Vladdy will hit just like pally. He is the real deal and ready.

To look at the time table on guys drafted in seventh round to first round future hope top line centers is two different animals to be polite.


So yes I want vladdy he made brown and kucherov the number on line to start the year in ahl.

Connolly was busting put with vladdy and he turns his year around.

Panik was out in left field goes to olympics put with vladdy and has his best production in a year.

Who does that remind you of?

The guys that impact everyone they play with are rare. I actually believe we are gonna have three of those guys. Next year is the final evaluation year where we will than bring one two guys up a year at most after next year.

The guy im most excited to see is namestnikov. If he can be like palat? WOW are we winning!!

I am positive certain guys are GONE or GOING.

We need to give these kids who will step in and be core time.



So sure go get a power forward see how that works out? Theres a thing called salary cap and with all the RFA's needing a back up goalie hopefully signing callahan even when move malone etc.. we are at the brink even moving purcell.

So you figure it out I have crunched the numbers we got to go with the youth is plain and simple.

Other guys are not movable.

We are really tight this year it clears up the year after.

Unfinished Business is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
  #80
Felonious Python
Moderator
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 15,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord6 View Post
Agree wholeheartedly with the article. We will ALWAYS have to do more, be more, work more.

We are the Starks of the NHL.

And Winter is Coming...
that's one of the things that seemed to not make sense when it was just rumors of MSL wanting out. That's pretty much who he is, or seemed to be. It's also part of what made it so disappointing.

Felonious Python is online now  
Old
04-23-2014, 07:53 PM
  #81
Glide5
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
No sense in rushing these kids just because - talent. Panik, Palat, Johnson, Killorn, Gudas, Brown, Barberio & Sustr are ready for the NHL. Kucherov, Namestnikov, Paquette, Gudlevskis are not. Drouin and Connolly we have to put on the roster. No need to rush the kids...especially with TONS of cap space we have available - especially if no Malone/Purcell/Lindback/Salo contracts and after we re-sign all the RFA kids.
I will agree to an extent. Certain guys, Kucherov, Namestnikov and Paquette come to mind as being not ready yet. They need another year or two in the AHL to train.

I will say this about Kristers, though. I think he is ready to be a back-up next year. This kid has something about him. Been saying it all year.

Glide5 is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:13 PM
  #82
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
I will agree to an extent. Certain guys, Kucherov, Namestnikov and Paquette come to mind as being not ready yet. They need another year or two in the AHL to train.

I will say this about Kristers, though. I think he is ready to be a back-up next year. This kid has something about him. Been saying it all year.
I agree, but at the same time, I'm worried about hurting his development. Don't get me wrong, I'm also worried about hurting his development if he plays in the AHL behind Vasi. Every time we see this kid, he looks more and more like he might be the real deal.

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any precedent for loaning players to another organization's AHL team to give him playing time? We're just in a bit of a hard spot right now because, ideally, both Gudlevksis and Vasi should play 45 games at the very least next year. And we don't have enough spots to make that happen.

DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
  #83
Kramerica Industries
Registered User
 
Kramerica Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
the last loan I can think of at all in North American hockey was when David Aebischer was loaned from the Canadiens to a Swiss hockey team; I don't think he ever actually came back. Loaning just doesn't exist in North America like it does in Europe.

Kramerica Industries is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
  #84
Unfinished Business
Registered User
 
Unfinished Business's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
I thought janus and tic worked out well myself ? So think they are fine if both are down but also am not worried if one does come up.


Is pluses and minuses for both. I still say vasi is better and we will glimpse that soon. Which I know is amazing thing to say and all I can go by is camp really but dont see a difference think vasi could have done same things that guds has done.

Is gonna be fun to see how it all works out.

Unfinished Business is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  #85
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
the last loan I can think of at all in North American hockey was when David Aebischer was loaned from the Canadiens to a Swiss hockey team; I don't think he ever actually came back. Loaning just doesn't exist in North America like it does in Europe.
Yeah. I guess it would set up a conflict of interest whenever the team he's hypothetically loaned to played Syracuse. Just trying to think outside the box.

It's a good problem to have, all in all. My guess is we wind up splitting their time next year in Syracuse and signing a UFA backup. ...Then again, it would save us a few bucks to keep Guds up, I guess. I'm pretty torn on it.

DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:52 PM
  #86
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle
 
HoseEmAllAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: water spicket
Country: United States
Posts: 7,859
vCash: 500
I guess I'm the only one who isn't high on Gudlevskis. Better than Lindback? Maybe. Probably. Can't really get much worse. We've seen him play in, what, 1 and 2/3s of a game? I think everyone is basing what they saw in him from the Olympics. Which is fine, but the NHL is different.

When I've seen him play, he's slow getting from post to post, and a little sloppy. Sure, experience would help, but I don't see him as having that "it" factor everyone keeps talking about.

All this being said, I wouldn't be opposed to him being our backup next year if we can't get a verteran backup. I'd rather have Gudlevskis and Vasilevski duke it out in the A.

HoseEmAllAround is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 08:55 PM
  #87
Unfinished Business
Registered User
 
Unfinished Business's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
I guess I'm the only one who isn't high on Gudlevskis. Better than Lindback? Maybe. Probably. Can't really get much worse. We've seen him play in, what, 1 and 2/3s of a game? I think everyone is basing what they saw in him from the Olympics. Which is fine, but the NHL is different.

When I've seen him play, he's slow getting from post to post, and a little sloppy. Sure, experience would help, but I don't see him as having that "it" factor everyone keeps talking about.

All this being said, I wouldn't be opposed to him being our backup next year if we can't get a verteran backup. I'd rather have Gudlevskis and Vasilevski duke it out in the A.
I think he needs work as any goalie would at that age. He doesnt fear break ins though and that is a plus to lindback in itself

I think he is off at times on positioning and I notice the post to post thing also. He does a good job covering a lot of net though and is very agile so he should work it all out and be a very good one in time.

Unfinished Business is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:03 PM
  #88
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
I guess I'm the only one who isn't high on Gudlevskis. Better than Lindback? Maybe. Probably. Can't really get much worse. We've seen him play in, what, 1 and 2/3s of a game? I think everyone is basing what they saw in him from the Olympics. Which is fine, but the NHL is different.

When I've seen him play, he's slow getting from post to post, and a little sloppy. Sure, experience would help, but I don't see him as having that "it" factor everyone keeps talking about.

All this being said, I wouldn't be opposed to him being our backup next year if we can't get a verteran backup. I'd rather have Gudlevskis and Vasilevski duke it out in the A.
I think most of us are optimistic about Gudlevskis because he has the major ingredient that all great goalies have, and the ingredient Lindback clearly lacks: he thrives under pressure.

Every time we saw him in a big-pressure situation this year, he was pretty incredible. First ECHL game, first AHL game, Olympics vs. Canada, first NHL game, Game 4 vs. Montreal.

It helps that he appears to be a great athlete too. The holes your seeing in his game are correctable, and, also, you're measuring him to an NHL standard. The fact that he even got to play in the NHL this year is a testament to his talent. Would ANY of us have guessed that at the beginning of the year? The AHL seemed like a stretch then.

DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:13 PM
  #89
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
This is going to get me a lot of ridicule, but...

If we don't sign Ryan Callahan, and can't land Ryan Kesler, I wouldn't mind going after...

Bryan Bickell.

Just a thought. I realize he's another LW.


Last edited by DFC: 04-23-2014 at 09:21 PM.
DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 09:49 PM
  #90
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Ok we can take a look at the cap situation. I'll ask - what is the expected average cap hit for our RFAs? I'll give you an example...Gudas as signed for 3 years on his RFA contract for a good cap hit of $1.2 Mil. I've looked at our cap situation but I'll ask Robert what average cap hit did you use for your CAP analysis next years?

Edit: Gudas cap hit is $991k for next two years. And is still RFA after at the end of that.


Last edited by Werewolf: 04-23-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Werewolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:15 PM
  #91
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Any intelligent discussion about roster building should be centered around CAP situation. CAP next year is $71 Mil and we have $48 Million in contracts. That is $23 Mil of CAP space. Here are the roster spots that take up that $48 Milion:

X - Stammer - X
X (+Purcell) - Filpulla - Callahan
*Paquette - Drouin - *Kucherov
X (+Malone) - Thompson - Crombeen

Hedman - X
Carle - Gudas
Brewer - X

Bishop
X


*Kucherov/Paquette can be sent down to AHL.
+Getting rid of Malone ($4.5) and Purcell ($4.5) liberates another $9 Million in cap space. So we are sitting at $32 Million in cap space if we keep Kuch and Paquette on the roster but get rid of Malone & Crombeen.

Now we need to spend the $32 Million and fill in the X's with a CAP space roster value.

**I'll add Drouin which is $1 Mil (approx). So that is now $31 Million.
***I'll also add Callahan at $6 Million. Which now gives us $25 Million in CAP space.

Assign CAP space to the following RFAs:

1. Connolly
2. Panik
3. Palat
4. Johnson
5. Sustr
6. Killorn
7. Brown
8. Aulie
9. Barberio

We don't sign back Lindback. Gudlevskis counts $600k to CAP if assigned to backup goalie duties on the NHL roster.


Last edited by Werewolf: 04-23-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Werewolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:18 PM
  #92
Unfinished Business
Registered User
 
Unfinished Business's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Ok we can take a look at the cap situation. I'll ask - what is the expected average cap hit for our RFAs? I'll give you an example...Gudas as signed for 3 years on his RFA contract for a good cap hit of $1.2 Mil. I've looked at our cap situation but I'll ask Robert what average cap hit did you use for your CAP analysis next years?
Ooops I made a mistake and did all RFA's not just the main club so we have like 7 million more than thought.

Only difference I didnt buy out teddy at first or trade so was running at 27.5 and added in all the bottom guys in ahl had to resign so that is like 7 milliion in contracts.

Is also performance bonuses for drouin another 2.3 million we will need in the cap cause he will hit them probably.


I am all for bieska kesler move or tanev kesler?


Last edited by Unfinished Business: 04-23-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Unfinished Business is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
  #93
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
Ooops I made a mistake and did all RFA's not just the main club so we have like 7 million more than thought.

Only difference I didnt buy out teddy at first or trade so was running at 27.5 and added in all the bottom guys in ahl had to resign so that is like 7 milliion in contracts.

Is also performance bonuses for drouin another 2.3 million we will need in the cap cause he will hit them probably.


I am all for bieska kesler move or tanev kesler?
I used Ohlund's LTIR for bonuses - thought a wash there. And yeah - NHL roster only and they count against cap when brought up to main club.

Werewolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:52 PM
  #94
Werewolf
Registered User
 
Werewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,475
vCash: 500
Do you guys mean obtaining Kesler via trade? He looks to be under contract for another 2 years...the information I'm looking at may be wrong. Just wanted to make sure...the trade deadline stuff surrounding him was because he apparently asked to be traded not because his contract was up at the end of the year. But he seems to be locked in at $5 Mil cap hit for next 2 years if I'm reading this correctly.

Werewolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:53 PM
  #95
dbieon12
Vinik-Yzerman-Cooper
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
I guess I'm the only one who isn't high on Gudlevskis. Better than Lindback? Maybe. Probably. Can't really get much worse. We've seen him play in, what, 1 and 2/3s of a game? I think everyone is basing what they saw in him from the Olympics. Which is fine, but the NHL is different.

When I've seen him play, he's slow getting from post to post, and a little sloppy. Sure, experience would help, but I don't see him as having that "it" factor everyone keeps talking about.

All this being said, I wouldn't be opposed to him being our backup next year if we can't get a verteran backup. I'd rather have Gudlevskis and Vasilevski duke it out in the A.
At this point even if Gudlevskis is only as good as Lindback, Gudlevskis has the higher ceiling by nature of being a few years younger. That plus the 1.6M difference (if not more depending on the price to retain Lindback) in cap space is a significant advantage of Gudlevskis.

My main hesitation with promoting Vasilevskiy too quickly is to have irreparable damage to his confidence. I'd rather have him build on his growing confidence while playing in NA in the AHL (for 20 starts? a season? Who knows).

dbieon12 is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:53 PM
  #96
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
Looking at that, if we can't sign Cally, I think there's no way we don't take a strong run at Kesler. We might make a run at him regardless.

It was reported we were one of a handful of teams he'd be willing to go to, Linden's GM's hands are going to be a bit tied by the trade request, and Vancouver, a team in need of some feel-good stories, will value Brett Connolly more than any team in the league.

DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 10:56 PM
  #97
DFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Do you guys mean obtaining Kesler via trade? He looks to be under contract for another 2 years...the information I'm looking at may be wrong. Just wanted to make sure...the trade deadline stuff surrounding him was because he apparently asked to be traded not because his contract was up at the end of the year. But he seems to be locked in at $5 Mil cap hit for next 2 years if I'm reading this correctly.
He wants out. Apparently Gillis held off because either A.) he thought he could get more value at the draft, or, B.) the owners nixed the idea. Who knows -- it's Mike Gillis. If A is true, he's probably moving at the draft, and Linden's GM's hands will be a bit tied because Kesler has a list of teams he's willing to move to. We're on it.

DFC is offline  
Old
04-23-2014, 11:21 PM
  #98
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 500
Robert why do we need 3D? Unless we are buying out Brewer i can see us maybe bringing in 2 but one is just gonna be a 6/7 anyway. SY has shown he's willing to role with the kids and not bring in vets to fill spots. Filppula we needed because Johnson looked like a 3C and we didn't have anybody else. He let Pouliot go because we had kids coming up, didn't sign any bottom 6 vets to fill spots and let the kids earn their time.

Salo and Carle because we had absolutely no defensive depth. Last year he didn't bring in a vet when we all said we needed one, he let Gudas/Sustr/Barberio and Aulie fight for spots. He has to replace Salo so I see him making a move for one veteran but he might stick with Carle-Gudas, Brewer-Barberio/Sustr.

HoseEmDown is online now  
Old
04-24-2014, 12:10 AM
  #99
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 50
I think we only need 1 defenseman, but it's also the hardest one to get. We need a top pairing RHD. Carle and Sustr will make a good second pairing and Gudas/Brewer/Barbs will alternate on the bottom pairing. Gotta get Hedman a partner!

MattM92 is offline  
Old
04-24-2014, 12:11 AM
  #100
Unfinished Business
Registered User
 
Unfinished Business's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Robert why do we need 3D? Unless we are buying out Brewer i can see us maybe bringing in 2 but one is just gonna be a 6/7 anyway. SY has shown he's willing to role with the kids and not bring in vets to fill spots. Filppula we needed because Johnson looked like a 3C and we didn't have anybody else. He let Pouliot go because we had kids coming up, didn't sign any bottom 6 vets to fill spots and let the kids earn their time.

Salo and Carle because we had absolutely no defensive depth. Last year he didn't bring in a vet when we all said we needed one, he let Gudas/Sustr/Barberio and Aulie fight for spots. He has to replace Salo so I see him making a move for one veteran but he might stick with Carle-Gudas, Brewer-Barberio/Sustr.
You watched the playoffs? Thats why we need 3 d. We have nothing so far in ahl either and you can talk all you want on koekkoek and I hope for him but we have nothing there right now. Nothing that is just doing it. Nothing that looks like a lock etc.

Who is worth keeping after the playoffs? Brewer yeah probably stuck with. Barberio I would move if I could myself. Carle I would move for an upgrade say josi bogosian anything. As part of a package.

Gudas I keep Hedman I keep Sustr I keep the rest? BLEH

If bishop handnt been sooo dammed good this year a lot of people would feel like me im sure



Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Do you guys mean obtaining Kesler via trade? He looks to be under contract for another 2 years...the information I'm looking at may be wrong. Just wanted to make sure...the trade deadline stuff surrounding him was because he apparently asked to be traded not because his contract was up at the end of the year. But he seems to be locked in at $5 Mil cap hit for next 2 years if I'm reading this correctly.
Yes to trade. Yes he is 2 more years at 5 million. All I heard was he was pissed at direction of the club and wanted out that was during olympics and he basically told everyone who would listen he was done as a canuck.


Last edited by Unfinished Business: 04-24-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Unfinished Business is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.