HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

PO Game #3 | Rangers 4 at Flyers 1

Old
04-22-2014, 10:35 PM
2Claude2Giroux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
What a way to utilize your best defensive center by putting him on the wing of a scoring line.
He's also probably the best on the team along the boards and at creating space, which is what this teams needs now.

I don't want to put Couturier on the first line but I also don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world.

I'd actually put Akeson up on the first line.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericWONT View Post
That's also because Lundqvist is one of the greatest goalies in the game, and Mason is only slightly better than Emery. Mason is the #1, but I don't think by very much. Not really the best comparison.

I would totally agree with you if it was 100% certain that Mase was healthy, but I really think from his interviews and just the timeframe that his neck was still bugging him a little but he was willing to brave it because its the playoffs.
Mason is pretty clearly better than Emery. The difference between .917 and .903 is significant. And the difference on the PK is even more significant, .890 vs .840.

04-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Claude2Giroux View Post
He's also probably the best on the team along the boards and at creating space, which is what this teams needs now.

I don't want to put Couturier on the first line but I also don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world.

I'd actually put Akeson up on the first line.
That's all true but we have so little in the way of two-way and defensively capable forwards that putting scouts on a scoring line really shines a light on how bad defensively that forward group is. Plus Couturier himself isn't really experienced or ready for a scoring role.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Simmonds though...I do expect him to produce more. in 14 PO games with the Flyers, he has all of 2 goals and 5 assists.

Once he's in the POs he looks good going through the neutral zone, but once he's in the offensive zone he's generally a non-factor. It's kinda frustrating. But he's also got garbage for linemates, so it's hard to be mad. In fact, I can't be.
The production wasn't there but I thought he was one of the better players on the Flyers tonight. He was at least making some stuff happen out there granted it didn't result into anything but still. I thought Vinny & Schenn were holding him back.

As for Rinaldo I didn't even notice him out there tonight. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing but either way he should be out of the lineup. I would rather have McGinn or hell even a guy like Straka in there over him anybody not named Rosehill & I'm satisfied.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Mason is pretty clearly better than Emery. The difference between .917 and .903 is significant. And the difference on the PK is even more significant, .890 vs .840.
If you ignore stats though and don't watch them play, you could make an argument that they are equal ??

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericWONT View Post
Mason is only slightly better than Emery. Mason is the #1, but I don't think by very much. Not really the best comparison.

only slightly ???

you mean by having hips that ACTUALY work !!!

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
If you ignore stats though and don't watch them play, you could make an argument that they are equal ??
That dude's on a tear of inaccuracy... don't try to bring logic into it.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
If I were blind, yes, I could do that.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
2Claude2Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
That's all true but we have so little in the way of two-way and defensively capable forwards that putting scouts on a scoring line really shines a light on how bad defensively that forward group is. Plus Couturier himself isn't really experienced or ready for a scoring role.
I think he could definitely shine on that line because Hartnell isn't doing anything to support his linemates and is never in the right spot, unlike Couturier.

It's just ****** on Holmgren's & the rest of the FO's part that you've put your coach into a position that if he tries Couturier out anywhere else on the roster, you end up screwing yourself because you don't have a viable replacement.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The production wasn't there but I thought he was one of the better players on the Flyers tonight. He was at least making some stuff happen out there granted it didn't result into anything but still. I thought Vinny & Schenn were holding him back.

As for Rinaldo I didn't even notice him out there tonight. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing but either way he should be out of the lineup. I would rather have McGinn or hell even a guy like Straka in there over him anybody not named Rosehill & I'm satisfied.
Yeah, that's why I can't get mad at him. He has two anchors on his line.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:44 PM
2Claude2Giroux

It's really too bad that the Flyers couldn't have involved B. Schenn in a trade for Vanek or Gaborik.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:47 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Single out Simmonds? Please. Simmonds isn't excelling but he's not the problem
I singled him out because he's someone who most around here wax poetic about. He's massively overrated, and calling him a "power forward" is a joke. Guy cannot create his own offense and that gets exposed big time during the playoffs. He's also horrendous defensively, and he's been acting like a goon and has been baited into several bad penalties. He and Hartnell look like half-brothers out there...

You need a heck of a lot more than that out of your "leading goal scorer". He needs to pick it up.

And you're right, I could single out other guys, but Lecavalier, Hartnell, Schenn... they've been horrible for a while, so the fact that they continue to suck when the competition is elevated really isn't surprising...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
It's really too bad that the Flyers couldn't have involved B. Schenn in a trade for Vanek or Gaborik.
Despite his poor play that would have been selling extremely low on him. Schenn's worth more than a pending UFA.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

How many of those blocked shots came from Grossmann tonight? I love watching him stand still with the puck while a Ranger gets into a position, then he shoots it.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:50 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp
grossmansmash

Quote:
i was hoping they were going to trade him for ben bishop.

onlylordsvsmorebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
How many of those blocked shots came from Grossmann tonight? I love watching him stand still with the puck while a Ranger gets into a position, then he shoots it.
Add him to the list of **** Berube should be fired for. I'm not sure I've ever been more angry after a loss, and it's 100% because all of the things that cost us the game are same things that I've been pointing out all ****ing season.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:51 PM
2Claude2Giroux

If Morin, Gostisbehere and Hägg don't develop into 1st or 2nd pairing d-men within the next 2-3 years, then this team is so boned.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Add him to the list of **** Berube should be fired for. I'm not sure I've ever been more angry after a loss, and it's 100% because all of the things that cost us the game are same things that I've been pointing out all ****ing season.
Yeah man. Just blatantly wrong choices.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
2Claude2Giroux

Most frustrating thing about Schenn for me is how often he relies on diving to get a call. He seems to be on his stomach on the ice every time the other team retains possession in their zone.

Old
04-22-2014, 10:53 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
If Morin, Gostisbehere and Hägg don't develop into 1st or 2nd pairing d-men within the next 2-3 years, then this team is so boned.
Slow down...

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:54 PM
flyersguy33*

For all I care, they should fire Berube at seasons end.

He ****ing sucks more than John Stevens at making decisions. NO god damn way in hell do you start Emery if Mason is ok to go. Its just the dumbest most inexcusable thing ever. If your starting goalie is ok to dress, you play him. Emery earned absolutely nothing. He is a back up goalie. That is his ****ing job. That first goal is all his fault and he totallly blew the game. Berube, eat ****.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:54 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
@FlyersNation: "We’ll be ready for Game 4. We’re going to tie up the series and go back to New York." -Claude Giroux #Flyers

He must know that Mason is playing

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2014, 10:55 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
@FlyersNation: "We’ll be ready for Game 4. We’re going to tie up the series and go back to New York." -Claude Giroux #Flyers

He must know that Mason is playing
I love his confidence but he needs to start putting up points.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Waffles View Post
For all I care, they should fire Berube at seasons end.

He ****ing sucks more than John Stevens at making decisions. NO god damn way in hell do you start Emery if Mason is ok to go. Its just the dumbest most inexcusable thing ever. If your starting goalie is ok to dress, you play him. Emery earned absolutely nothing. He is a back up goalie. That is his ****ing job. That first goal is all his fault and he totallly blew the game. Berube, eat ****.
And the 3rd goal, and the 4th. An average goaltending performance, not even a great one, gets that game to OT.

Old
TheLegendkiller

You guys are all such a sad sack of soggy waffles.

You all ruin everything.

And are the main reason why none of us can have nice things. .

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote