HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad Calls Against Montreal

Old
04-23-2014, 04:58 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricef View Post
Chara's hit on Patches - no suspension (It was a hockey play)

Garba's hit on Eller - No Suspension

The kicked in goal by Ottawa in last year's playoffs

Just the first few that come to mind.
Gryba was suspended.

That said, Chara's not being suspended was just awful.

Chris Lee always ****s us in the ass. I remember that disallowed goal vs the Pens I think.

Also, I think around Christmas, the Habs had a like 3-4 disallowed goals in a week. Bad refereeing affects everyone.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Duramarier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramarier View Post
Youtube Phill Kessel offside breakaway goal. A Leafs player in a bruins uniform in Montreal during playoff. You got it all in 1 video.
Did not know how to put the video so sorry.

While looking at gdt to read comments following that goal I found out it was the game Price pulled the famous Roy's move.

In the Bruins GDT, 1 poster mentionned that it ''could'' be offside while everyone else was ready to give Kessel the Conn Smyth. On the main board, 2 posters mentionned a potential offside while eveyone else was laughing at the Habs defense and Price.

Duramarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 05:20 PM
TheBourkeIdentity

The other thing to keep in mind of course is, considering how crappy our PP has been since about the Olympics, handing us one is just about guaranteeing we won't score.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Last year's playoff series contains multiple examples of this, which have already been pointed out by some posters here.

Also, there have been many times this season where the Habs received 8+ penalties while the other team gets away with murder and escapes with 2 penalties. It happens across the league, to every team.

The only reason there's a perception of Montreal being helped by the refs is because of years of Bruins and Leaf fans who constantly whined and complained about officiating while we beat the **** out of them in the standings for years. They hold to that excuse like a crutch, and cling on to it whenever they lose.

Whenever a bad call would go in Montreal's favour, bands of ******** Bruin and Leaf ( and now Sens) fans would flock to claim it is bias. Don't believe me? Spend a night on the Bruins board during one of our games. It's hilarious. They are obsessed with us. Literally every penalty against the other team will be a result of a Habs dive. Doesn't matter if it's a blatant hit from behind, it's a dive according to them. Since then, it has caught on and people start to believe it because off all the whining. Whenever there's a bad call in a game with two other teams (which happens very often), it goes completely unnoticed and swept under the rug, but when it's Montreal, everybody loses their ****ing minds. It's nothing but propaganda.

It's the same thing with diving. The Bruins and their fans constantly ***** and complain about diving, meanwhile they are the absolute worst for it, and have the biggest diver in the NHL on their team. How any team's fanbase can claim another team is "divers", while they have Brad Marchand on their team is absolutely beyond me. But meh, they're Bruins whiners, what can you expect.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Price My Man Crush

Game 4 against Ottawa last year, OP. Watch this game or the highlights on YouTube.

Both goals should have never counted. This game should have never went to OT.

Price My Man Crush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Jacques Trap*

Can't we just do like rest of the haters and ignore bad calls against the Habs while amplifying bad calls made in MTL's favour?

Jacques Trap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
I think we would have win the serie againt Carolina in 2006 when they won the cup if the Refs had not deceided that running the goalie was an acceptable way to score goals.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Stamkos punched Emelin last night. No penalty.

A Crosby special treatment right there.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
I think we would have win the serie againt Carolina in 2006 when they won the cup if the Refs had not deceided that running the goalie was an acceptable way to score goals.
I know it's only one guy but I thought losing Koivu in Game 3 was the reason why we lost that series.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 08:06 PM
NinetyThree24

Down a goal, net empty, in Montreal. I'd say this was a crucial point in the game.

NinetyThree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 08:08 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricenyuk View Post
Last year's playoff series contains multiple examples of this, which have already been pointed out by some posters here.

Also, there have been many times this season where the Habs received 8+ penalties while the other team gets away with murder and escapes with 2 penalties. It happens across the league, to every team.

The only reason there's a perception of Montreal being helped by the refs is because of years of Bruins and Leaf fans who constantly whined and complained about officiating while we beat the **** out of them in the standings for years. They hold to that excuse like a crutch, and cling on to it whenever they lose.

Whenever a bad call would go in Montreal's favour, bands of ******** Bruin and Leaf ( and now Sens) fans would flock to claim it is bias. Don't believe me? Spend a night on the Bruins board during one of our games. It's hilarious. They are obsessed with us. Literally every penalty against the other team will be a result of a Habs dive. Doesn't matter if it's a blatant hit from behind, it's a dive according to them. Since then, it has caught on and people start to believe it because off all the whining. Whenever there's a bad call in a game with two other teams (which happens very often), it goes completely unnoticed and swept under the rug, but when it's Montreal, everybody loses their ****ing minds. It's nothing but propaganda.

It's the same thing with diving. The Bruins and their fans constantly ***** and complain about diving, meanwhile they are the absolute worst for it, and have the biggest diver in the NHL on their team. How any team's fanbase can claim another team is "divers", while they have Brad Marchand on their team is absolutely beyond me. But meh, they're Bruins whiners, what can you expect.
It's simple, we rustle their jimmies.

I think we have the highest Jimmie rustling ratio of any sports team in the world relative to another's fan base actually.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

First thing that popped in my mind.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 09:23 PM
habfaninvictoria

All teams think they are unfairly prejudiced against. They only remember the bad calls against and rarely remember the breaks they get.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
All teams think they are unfairly prejudiced against. They only remember the bad calls against and rarely remember the breaks they get.
Montreal gets a lot of exposure when they get some calls.... Because its the Montreal Canadians.

That's the one difference

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForLife View Post
This is going to seem silly but I'm on your guy's side, I'm kind of in a debate with my dad who's pretty annoying when talking about hockey (Leafs fan) where he's talking about Montreal getting the advantage with refs. I showed him the stats that PP time-PK time the Habs are only 21st in the league. However now he's claiming that Montreal always gets the call in the most crucial. Anyone have an examples/footage of the Canadiens getting screwed over by the refs? I really want to show him the bias of his thinking.
Anyway I'm cheering for you guys (I love Canadian crowds besides the suits at ACC), I'm really hoping for a Habs/Hawks Final.
Not sure if mentioned, but 11 straight penalties against the habs vs Carolina, reg season, but thats pretty impossible. I think they ended with 2 against.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post

First thing that popped in my mind.
Was that the one where the missed the elbow to hammerliks throat right before the game winner, or am I thinking of a different offside goal and missed penalty against the pooh.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:45 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyThree24 View Post
Down a goal, net empty, in Montreal. I'd say this was a crucial point in the game.

Great call. That was a minimum of 12 penalty minutes ignored. Horribly incompetent and biased officiating.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

That time when the ref said good goal then it went to review and he was like "I said good goal but I meant no goal so the call on the ice stands NO GOAL lolz"

CaptainBenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:33 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBourkeIdentity View Post
We talking about in the playoffs (2011? I think), the one where the ref lost sight of the puck (despite it being about a foot or so to Thomas' right), Gionta scored before the whistle and got it waved off on "intent to blow the whistle" ?
This one?

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

There was a time when I was still a Capitals fan. A period before I deserted them because they were a loser organization. I remember now, how the Habs were actually called for diving in that playoff series against the Caps, thereby helping the Caps avoid going shorthanded against the Habs. I had an inkling of gratefulness when they made those calls. I was just getting back into hockey then...

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:49 AM
oleHABSole*

Thee most penalized team for minors the last decade, right behind Philadelphia.
2013/2014 season. 6 disallowed goals in 5 games against 3 teams (2 Southern) during the Christmas and New year's holidays.
This is is just unforgettable to me.
http://youtu.be/JBAY8nRaoZw

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 01:53 AM
oleHABSole*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
There was a time when I was still a Capitals fan. A period before I deserted them because they were a loser organization. I remember now, how the Habs were actually called for diving in that playoff series against the Caps, thereby helping the Caps avoid going shorthanded against the Habs. I had an inkling of gratefulness when they made those calls. I was just getting back into hockey then...
Lappiere did dive, but as soon as he came out of the box, the ref made it personal and called him for another dive, even though Lappiere got closed-lined.

oleHABSole* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Not sure if mentioned, but 11 straight penalties against the habs vs Carolina, reg season, but thats pretty impossible. I think they ended with 2 against.
This was the most blatantly one sided game I recall.

the score sheet
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020448.HTM

You'll notice as well..... a francophone Quebecois referee!!!!!??????

Seriously, the most shocking one here is that it wasn't Chris Lee as the other ref. It was Brad Meier.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:26 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Remember when the Habs had 8 calls against then in the second period versus Minnesota a few years back? I'm pretty sure most of the calls were legit but that was insane.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:30 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
This was the most blatantly one sided game I recall.

the score sheet
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020448.HTM

You'll notice as well..... a francophone Quebecois referee!!!!!??????

Seriously, the most shocking one here is that it wasn't Chris Lee as the other ref. It was Brad Meier.
11 PPs to 1. Yup, always get the calls

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote