HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Give Tampa your Number 2 Defenseman

Old
04-23-2014, 11:11 PM
chasespace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'd move Kes for Drouin straight up.
Van would need to add to Kesler to get Drouin. Him and Vasi, prospect wise, will have to be pried out of Tampa if they're moved.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:12 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
You're probably going to wind up stuck with a disgruntled player then. No team is going to give up Drouin's equivalent in value for a guy who wants out of town.
Source? Because everything I've read and heard him say is that he doesn't want to be traded. It's believed that he would welcome a trade but isn't demanding out.

04-23-2014, 11:13 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Vasilevski's untouchable. Gudlevskis is probably available, or Wilcox, for goalie prospects.

The two untouchable prospects are Drouin and Vasilevski.

I think Tampa would love to land Josi, at least from what I see on our board. And as much as we love Johnson, I think we'd be willing to include him. It would hurt though. We actually have a number of young pieces Nashville would/should be interested in, outside of Drouin.
I figured Vasilevski would be on the untouchables list, but i think Tampa should be willing to trade him considering Bishop and Gudlevskis are still there. You could get a real nice piece from certain teams for him. It would suck losing Vasilevski, he's a great prospect (possibly the best in the world, Gibson included), but now would be the time to move him for a really good defender. If not Vasilevski though, Josi for Johnson i think is as simple as it gets. Maybe expand it a bit to include pieces either way.

Another option worth investigating is Mark Giordano. Tampa's wealth of young players would probably catch their attention if they hear names like Kucherov (dont give me any burke, russians, etc nonsense), Johnson, Connelly, Killorn, 2014 1st, etc.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:16 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
I figured Vasilevski would be on the untouchables list, but i think Tampa should be willing to trade him considering Bishop and Gudlevskis are still there. You could get a real nice piece from certain teams for him. It would suck losing Vasilevski, he's a great prospect (possibly the best in the world, Gibson included), but now would be the time to move him for a really good defender. If not Vasilevski though, Josi for Johnson i think is as simple as it gets. Maybe expand it a bit to include pieces either way.

Another option worth investigating is Mark Giordano. Tampa's wealth of young players would probably catch their attention if they hear names like Kucherov (dont give me any burke, russians, etc nonsense), Johnson, Connelly, Killorn, 2014 1st, etc.
Why trade Vasi when we could just move Gudlevskis and bring in a vet to be the backup?

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:17 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Vancouver
Jonathan Drouin
Tampa Bay 1st

Tampa Bay
Vancouver 1st
Alex Edler
That has to be a joke...

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:17 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
I would do Edler for Kucherov, Killorn and a 1.
HAHAH I'm sure you would.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Tyrus
5 ft 8 in.

Andrei Markov + Lars Eller

For

Alexander Killorn + Tampa's 1st

Tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:22 PM
DFC

Quote:
Source? Because everything I've read and heard him say is that he doesn't want to be traded. It's believed that he would welcome a trade but isn't demanding out.
Well, it was widely reported that Kesler "requested" a trade. That's a bit different than demanding a trade, yes, but it means he wants out. I think Vancouver wants to be finished with that kind of drama, honestly.

Kesler also submitted a list of teams he'd be willing to move to, and Tampa was on it. Vancouver has the opportunity to start a bidding war for him at the draft, but there's no way that bidding war reaches value anywhere close to Drouin, who's widely regarded as the #1 prospect in the world. Think about what you would want for Bo Horvat. Tampa would want a lot more for Drouin. He's untouchable.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Fraser Read

Palat
Connolly
Tampa 1st

For

Hamhuis

Fraser Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Vesa Awesaka

Methot+Zibby for Palat+Gudas

Tampa fans hated it before the playoffs, any change?

Vesa Awesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:25 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus View Post
Andrei Markov + Lars Eller

For

Alexander Killorn + Tampa's 1st
No interest in Eller. Markov's a UFA and a lefty. ...I'd love to have him, honestly, and part of me hopes TB makes a run at him on July 1.

Old
04-23-2014, 11:32 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Why trade Vasi when we could just move Gudlevskis and bring in a vet to be the backup?
Because for Vasilevski you're talking about a long term solution on D, with Gudlevskis you're talking about a bandaid. No disrespect to him, but teams aren't going to be lining up for a player who's had one really good tournament and a smattering of spot starting.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2014, 11:36 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Because for Vasilevski you're talking about a long term solution on D, with Gudlevskis you're talking about a bandaid. No disrespect to him, but teams aren't going to be lining up for a player who's had one really good tournament and a smattering of spot starting.
It's kind of the Drouin thing all over again though. Drouin and Vasilevski are two of the top 10 prospects in the world. It doesn't make a lot of sense to trade them for a guy who's not a cornerstone player. We need a #2 D, someone a little better than Matt Carle, but someone who'll play second fiddle to Hedman. I don't think you can give up a potential franchise prospect for that, particularly when, in most years, one or two turn up as UFAs. For instance, if Andrei Markov was a righty, I really don't think we'd be looking to make a trade right now.

Old
04-24-2014, 07:30 AM
boltsfan9186

vCash: 293
Quote:
I would do Edler for Kucherov, Killorn and a 1.
Quote:
I'd move Kes for Drouin straight up.
Awful proposals. Just terrible.

boltsfan9186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
gabeliscious

jones for drouin

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
I hate you so much right now, OP.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
What would Tampa offer for Josi? I'm not too familiar with your prospects but we seem to be good trading partners. For perspective: Josi is 23, signed for 6 more years at 4mil per, already a competent first pairing defenseman who is finding a real offensive touch right now putting up 40 points in 72 games last season playing 26 minutes a night. Also consider from nashvilles perspective that if we deal josi we have ellis or ekholm moving up to our first pairing unless we sign a stopgap UFA. He's not exactly unavailable, but it has to be a pretty enticing offer.
Problem with Josi is...

he's too damn good. The value would probably be right around Drouin - which is more than I'm comfortable with. I would do Kucherov + 1st + bottom six player, or Killorn + 1st or something like that.

Old
04-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Bogosian is not available. Trouba's emergence does not make him expendable.

Bogosian's and Trouba's play was what allowed the Jets to move Buff to forward to help a paper thin forward group.

Buff is the defenseman that is / should be moved. TB fans don't want him, and that's fine, but it doesn't mean Bogo is available.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:22 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Dylan McIlrath for Nikita Kucherov

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:32 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
Hi.

We need your number two defenseman, pronto. Players not for sale are Stamkos, Hedman, Palat, Vasilevski, and Drouin. Everyone else has a price. Gotta give to get. And what we have are a lot of picks, and a lot of enticing, good, young forwards

Looking for an experienced, stay-at-home righty, but we're flexible.

I understand this has been discussed to death, but Yzerman still hasn't fixed this issue that badly needs fixing. Propose away.

EDIT: Drouin is not available.
So.... you want someone to give you a top pairing D (never available), and any desirable assets you have are off the table. Gotcha. Good luck with that.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
So.... you want someone to give you a top pairing D (never available), and any desirable assets you have are off the table. Gotcha. Good luck with that.
Tampa's "most" desirable assets are off the table, but Tampa's depth gives a lot of leeway for making trades. We're also not asking for a super-star - just a solid, defensive dman.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:05 AM
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan

Quote:
Mmm. Because the big names are all that Tampa has.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Yeeah because nobody would want Killorn or if needed Kucherov. Every tampa fan says often no to Kucherov trades, but if we get what we need (look at OP) he might need to be in the deal and most fans would be okay with it.
Just because the only guys you know are Stamkos, Hedman, Drouin and Bishop does not mean there are other pieces that are wanted from other teams.

Also a big at the guy that proposed Palat + Connolly + 1st for Hamhuis. At this point I would not trade Palat alone for Hamhuis. he is way to good to be traded and SY will not even think about trading him.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Wolfpack21

IF the Rangers and Staal have not come to a contract extension by the trade deadline:

To Tampa: Marc Staal

To New York: Kucherov, 2015 2nd Round Pick, conditional 1st round pick (2016) if Staal resigns with Lightning

??? I tried

Wolfpack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2014, 10:26 AM
arshonagon

Quote:
Well, it was widely reported that Kesler "requested" a trade. That's a bit different than demanding a trade, yes, but it means he wants out. I think Vancouver wants to be finished with that kind of drama, honestly.

Kesler also submitted a list of teams he'd be willing to move to, and Tampa was on it. Vancouver has the opportunity to start a bidding war for him at the draft, but there's no way that bidding war reaches value anywhere close to Drouin, who's widely regarded as the #1 prospect in the world. Think about what you would want for Bo Horvat. Tampa would want a lot more for Drouin. He's untouchable.
Not trying to say this could get Drouin, but what would a combo of Kesler+Bieksa/Garrison fetch in your opinion?

arshonagon is offline   Reply With Quote