HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #4 | Rangers at Flyers | Fri., Apr. 25, 2014 |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 500
it's mason time baby

Old
04-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
I agree, but I think Kimmo needs to be taken off the first unit. He's been terrible on the point there, in fact he's been one of our worst players this series. Everyone knows he's just going to play catch with G or fire a weak shot that misses the net or gets blocked. I want to see Streit on the first unit, he's good at walking the puck on the blue line and finding seams, and that shot is beastly of course.

I don't understand why we never gave Voracek the puck on our powerplays the last game, everything was blocked from G/Kimmo's side, Voracek had half the ice open, but never got the puck. Frustrating to say the least.

G needs to score though, 2 secondary assists isn't going to cut it. He seem like he's pressing at times like he was at the beginning of the season. Hoping for one of his patented no-look wristers this game.

Sounds like Mason in, hopefully the team plays the kind of defense like they did to keep the lead in Game 2 for the whole game. Getting Mason's confidence up could be huge going forward in the series.
Our second unit is trash and without Streit it's even more trash.

Anyhow, I agree. Streit should be on the first, Timonen on the second. Wheel out the first PP as much as possible, cut down Kimmo's minutes in the process to give him a bit more rest. Sounds good to me. Perfect actually since Streit is our only D capable offensively really.

You know it won't happen though. If Berubes shown one thing it's that he's bad and stubborn with lineup decisions. He's also had the first three games and the whole season to make that specific change and it's never really happened.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Sale

vCash: 5691
Quote:
Originally Posted by neb45 View Post
Tomorrow not today
A shut-out would work or we can give up two quick goals in the first few minutes and that gives us more time for the come back.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
Raffl hasn't really shown anything at all this series. he had a 3 on 1 and totally flubbed it. he's been getting hit hard too.
I'd imagine he's hit "the wall" like Read did during his first season. Just going off my memory from when I looked it up before, but I don't think Raffl has played more than 60 games in a season before.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Hiesenberg

Apparently they reworked their power play a bit?

Old
04-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Unless they're switching Streit and Timonen that's like the smallest concern possible. I think at least.

With the way the officiating has been our PK has been more important anyhow.

Old
04-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Unless they're switching Streit and Timonen that's like the smallest concern possible. I think at least.

With the way the officiating has been our PK has been more important anyhow.
I don't know, they better do something. If I watch them keep the puck on the left side with Giroux, Simmonds, and even Timonen cheating over towards the left while Voracek and the whole right half of the ice stand unused and they make no attempt at spreading out the PK to open up lanes, I am going to guzzle gasoline.

What's really mind-numbing is that it should have been an amazingly obvious suggestion to anyone on the bench or for Homer and whoever else is in the pressbox, during the freaking game.

04-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I don't know, they better do something. If I watch them keep the puck on the left side with Giroux, Simmonds, and even Timonen cheating over towards the left while Voracek and the whole right half of the ice stand unused and they make no attempt at spreading out the PK to open up lanes, I am going to guzzle gasoline.

What's really mind-numbing is that it should have been an amazingly obvious suggestion to anyone on the bench or for Homer and whoever else is in the pressbox, during the freaking game.
Yea, if we all could see it on the TV than Homer could see it as well.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:02 PM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Our second unit is trash and without Streit it's even more trash.

Anyhow, I agree. Streit should be on the first, Timonen on the second. Wheel out the first PP as much as possible, cut down Kimmo's minutes in the process to give him a bit more rest. Sounds good to me. Perfect actually since Streit is our only D capable offensively really.

You know it won't happen though. If Berubes shown one thing it's that he's bad and stubborn with lineup decisions. He's also had the first three games and the whole season to make that specific change and it's never really happened.
Berube's stubbornness to make any kind of lineup change is probably the most frustrating thing about him. We've had the same lines all season, and none of them have really stood out with exceptional chemistry other than the Read-Couts-Downie line for a month or so.

Teams are figuring out the Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek line, NYR certainly has. Our PP is way too predictable as well and now that it's a series and not one random game at a time, it's been completely figured out.

But hey, if we keep moving Vinny up, down, left and right I'm sure it will fix everything, right guys?

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot Grossmann needs more time too.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Berube's stubbornness to make any kind of lineup change is probably the most frustrating thing about him. We've had the same lines all season, and none of them have really stood out with exceptional chemistry other than the Read-Couts-Downie line for a month or so.

Teams are figuring out the Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek line, NYR certainly has. Our PP is way too predictable as well and now that it's a series and not one random game at a time, it's been completely figured out.

But hey, if we keep moving Vinny up, down, left and right I'm sure it will fix everything, right guys?

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot Grossmann needs more time too.
Sounds about right.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Chardo

Check out that old photo in the OP and tell me today's goalie equipment is the same size. Those clowns who say it's an illusion are in such denial.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:44 PM
The Rage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I will be at the game... so they better freaking win.
I won't be at the game, so they better win. I've been to probably 5 or 6 flyers games, and they didn't win any.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:54 PM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Quote:
I sure hope so. Their PP so is tedious and predictable to watch, continuous passing with weak shots until they lose the puck stupidly...

Old
04-24-2014, 02:01 PM
blinds

Quote:
I hope it involves Voracek getting the puck more. He's great at working his way into the slot and finding a shooting lane and it's obvious Giroux and Kimmo's side of the ice is being completely cut off.

Honestly, I'd like to see them try to get Voracek to draw some defenders his way and then feed Hartnell for his one timer. It doesn't work from Giroux since everyone expects it, maybe he can get a few if Voracek feeds him.

Old
04-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Akanon

Quote:
I hope it involves Voracek getting the puck more. He's great at working his way into the slot and finding a shooting lane and it's obvious Giroux and Kimmo's side of the ice is being completely cut off.

Honestly, I'd like to see them try to get Voracek to draw some defenders his way and then feed Hartnell for his one timer. It doesn't work from Giroux since everyone expects it, maybe he can get a few if Voracek feeds him.
That's what they did in today's practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Meltzer
During special teams work, the team was noticeably moving, handling, and distributing the puck a little more on the right side (Jakub Voracek's side) rather than always funneling everything through Claude Giroux on the opposite side.
Also nice to hear that Mason is feeling good again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Meltzer
To the surprise of no one, Steve Mason will be the Flyers' starting goaltender in Game Four of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series with the New York Rangers. Mason looked sharp at practice today and said afterward that today was his third straight day where he felt free of any pain or discomfort.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-Hits/45/59631

Old
04-24-2014, 02:14 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Awesome .

Old
04-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

OK. His 3rd straight day. Goddamnit Berube.

Old
04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
LePalle

Quote:

Think they'll need to feed Simmonds for the one timer from that side based on their hands, so it would require Hartnell and Simmonds to make proper reads on where they need to be. Wouldn't mind seeing Giroux fed a one timer once in a while as well once the pressure releases a bit and he gets an open lane.

I'm optimistic for this game! Hopefully they're making their reads quicker and getting better passes off so we can finally see some quality shots result from it. Last game I saw a lot of open lanes but the boys never noticed in time to actually get the pass through- we end up taking some terrible shot that results in a block and likely loss of possession. Don't overpass but also don't miss an opportunity when you have a good passing lane!

Old
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Devastate

Yay for Mason starting. Yayson

Old
04-24-2014, 02:40 PM
bennysflyers16

Mason, Bout time.
PP change, I like Streit there as he is good at faking shot, but his shot is twice as hard as Kimmos, so at least the Rags will feel pain if they get in front.

I wonder what the odds of sitting Zac and we see Raffl-Laughton-Hall 4th line ?

Old
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

The Blueline needs to get involved in the Rangers zone to have any chance of scoring Goals. Flyers cant generate any pressure with just 3 Forwards. MacDonald, Schenn and Streit scoring most of the Goals shows there is a coverage gap there.

Old
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Hiesenberg

Honestly...you might as well. They are playing Rinaldo 6 mins a game.

Old
04-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Hiesenberg

Anthony SanFilippo ‏@InsideTheFlyers 6m
The #Flyers will recall top forward prospect Scott Laugton: http://nhlflye.rs/1l8D3FI #NHL

Somebody post the "its happening" gif

Old
04-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Anthony SanFilippo ‏@InsideTheFlyers 6m
The #Flyers will recall top forward prospect Scott Laugton: http://nhlflye.rs/1l8D3FI #NHL

Somebody post the "its happening" gif
If I must.

----------------------------------

Old
04-24-2014, 03:13 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Awesome, hope he really does play tomorrow .

Closed Thread