HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings sign Tukonen

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Primakov, that was a very classy and inciteful post. Thank you for bringing a little light to the conversation.

Old
08-24-2005, 01:11 AM
Osprey

BTW, Primakov, he doesn't turn 19 until next week, so he was playing against men when he was 17 and (this past season) 18. His numbers aren't impressive, I'll agree with some of the other posters, but the fact that he kept a roster spot in an elite men's league at those ages is. I suppose that's the maturity that is so often cited.

Old
08-24-2005, 01:16 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
BTW, Primakov, he doesn't turn 19 until next week, so he was playing against men when he was 17 and (this past season) 18. His numbers aren't impressive, I'll agree with some of the other posters, but the fact that he kept a roster spot in an elite men's league at those ages is. I suppose that's the maturity that is so often cited.
Look at his ice time and his role and you'll see why he doesnt have that many points

Old
08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
This is a good move for the Kings, mabey he could've stayed one year, but he's physically mature enough to make the jump.

I loved what I saw of him two years ago at the U-18's, but this years recent U-20's left me wanting me.

It will be interesting to see how he handles the NA game...IMO he'll thrive in it.

Old
08-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Kings are probably trying to take more of a hand in Tukonen's development. The guy's clearly got talent, but playing on the 3/4th line of a veteran laden team won't be nearly as good for his development as playing in the top 6 of an AHL team. He needs to see more ice to develop.

This is hopefully the same thing that the Isles are doing with Nilsson, who faced the same sort of thing in Sweden.

Closed Thread