HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Leclerc Traded to Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Mike Leclerc Traded to Phoenix

for a conditional pick

I would have loved to see him in Montreal

Old
08-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Tuggy

Isn't there a main board for every single NHL transaction?

Old
08-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Mathletic

there is 500 threads about Théodore and post your pictures and we want to know you ... so why not talk about hockey for once and players outside the world of the Canadiens

and if you look around you'll see a Hossa-Heatly thread on every single board

Old
08-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
there is 500 threads about Théodore and post your pictures and we want to know you ... so why not talk about hockey for once and players outside the world of the Canadiens

and if you look around you'll see a Hossa-Heatly thread on every single board
You're right...what was I thinking, this deal is easily at the same level of the Hossa/Heatley trade.

Old
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Mathletic

*** ... look around

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=165242

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=165252

Old
08-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
for a conditional pick

I would have loved to see him in Montreal

Leclerc???
If you love Leclerc
you must fall in love often...

Old
08-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
Leclerc???
If you love Leclerc
you must fall in love often...
perhaps you should learn to read ... I would have loved to see him in Montreal does not equal I love Mike Leclerc

Old
08-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Medicine Twin

Mike Leclerc is a very good player with size... would've looked great in our line-up for sure.

Old
08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Mike Leclerc is a very good player with size... would've looked great in our line-up for sure.
he had a good playoff run as well and produced and worked and works hard all the time, cheap and young I think he would have been a perfect guy as well

Old
08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Bugsy

The Habs could save a bundle with Leclerc because most of his salary is usually paid by insurance. The guy spends a lot of time injured..............no need for another Benoit Brunet!

Old
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
perhaps you should learn to read ... I would have loved to see him in Montreal does not equal I love Mike Leclerc
Are you frustrated because your heart is broken now?

You know, there are plenty others boys out there...
Get well, best of luck...

Old
08-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
How about we not start a new thread for the other trade, and instead add that Rucchin was traded to the title/posts in this thread?

Steve Rucchin to the Rags for some tough guy and a conditional 2007 pick. Nice pick-up for the Rags, but the Ducks did have to shed some salary. Not bad when you look at it as Rucchin and Leclerc for Selanne and Niedermeyer from an Anaheim PoV.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
I think it's nice to talk about NHL trades betweens Habs fans but that's just me .

As for the recent Anaheim deals it's bad , Leclerc and Rucchin traded away for nothing . Getting Ozolinsh and Selanne via UFA to remplace them was a bad move from Brian Burke .

Old
08-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I think it's nice to talk about NHL trades betweens Habs fans but that's just me .

As for the recent Anaheim deals it's bad , Leclerc and Rucchin traded away for nothing . Getting Ozolinsh and Selanne via UFA to remplace them was a bad move from Brian Burke .
I don't think it's a bad move by Burke, but I do agree it is nice to talk about these moves amongst Habs fans, we just don't need two seperate threads to talk about 2 Ducks salary dumps in the same day.

Ozolinsh was already with Anaheim. So they kept him and signed Scott Niedermeyer and Teemu Selanne. Seems like upgrades to me.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:21 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Except it's never to discuss other teams but more often then not it turns out to be about why we didn't get that guy, what's Gainey doing and let's fire Julien.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
Who's gonna grind it out for Anaheim ? Sami Pahlsson and Rob Niedermayer ? I think Burke didnt think he had a shot at Scott Niedermayer so he gave Ozolinsh 2.5M .

As for getting Leclerc , Carter or whoever i think its been discussed already . We have 2 spot up front for Dagenais , Hossa , Higgins , Plecs and Perezhogin and we must let our youngster play if we want to developp them last year it paid off with Ribeiro and Ryder .

Old
08-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
How about we not start a new thread for the other trade, and instead add that Rucchin was traded to the title/posts in this thread?

Steve Rucchin to the Rags for some tough guy and a conditional 2007 pick. Nice pick-up for the Rags, but the Ducks did have to shed some salary. Not bad when you look at it as Rucchin and Leclerc for Selanne and Niedermeyer from an Anaheim PoV.
Rucchin happens to be a guy I LIKE very much as well ... I mentioned his name a couple of years ago and people were telling me that anaheim would never let him walk

Old
08-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Habsaku

Leclerc would have been a decent acquisition for the team I agree, I think we could've found a spot for him instead of Bulis or Sundstrom.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Artyukhin*

add Steve Rucchin

just traded to the rangers...
i always like this guy and thought he would look might fine in habs jersey today he was giving away for free (basically)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=134361

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim traded longtime Ducks centre Steve Rucchin to the New York Rangers for enforcer Trevor Gillies and a conditional pick in the 2007 draft.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
add Steve Rucchin

just traded to the rangers...
i always like this guy and thought he would look might fine in habs jersey today he was giving away for free (basically)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=134361

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim traded longtime Ducks centre Steve Rucchin to the New York Rangers for enforcer Trevor Gillies and a conditional pick in the 2007 draft.
that's what I said as well, 2 years ago before the playoffs I was asking if he'd fit well in the habs lineup because of his size, playoff experience, leadership and whatnot and everybody told me the Ducks would never let him walk

Old
08-24-2005, 12:57 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Leclerc would have been a decent acquisition for the team I agree, I think we could've found a spot for him instead of Bulis or Sundstrom.
Bulis owns Leclerc.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Rucchin would be a good leadership type, but at least he was a realistic salary dump by the Ducks. And he makes too much to fit under our cap, even if we did want him. So he's not worth talking about.

But Leclerc... that's a headscratcher, and a completely different story. He doesn't make significantly more than Higgins or Perezhogin, so we'd have plenty of room for his salary. He's a decent mini-powerforward, perhaps actually the type of player that Latendresse is most likely to become if he makes it to the NHL. According to most people, we need that kind of player. He's cheap, brings size with some decent skill, he could slot in on the left side for pretty much any of our lines and not look out of place.

The only thing I wonder about is why Burke traded him away, then. They didn't need to shave his salary off their cap figure, because a rookie like Getzlaf or Perry who might replace him in the lineup will make almost as much. If his recent injury history has slowed him further to the point where the Ducks fear about his ability to play in the new game, maybe he's just a younger Randy McKay waiting to happen? That's the only concern I can think of. Otherwise teams should have been all over picking up LeClerc. Burke even gave him away within his own division, which raises another warning flag.

Old
08-24-2005, 09:15 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Rucchin would be a good leadership type, but at least he was a realistic salary dump by the Ducks. And he makes too much to fit under our cap, even if we did want him. So he's not worth talking about.

But Leclerc... that's a headscratcher, and a completely different story. He doesn't make significantly more than Higgins or Perezhogin, so we'd have plenty of room for his salary. He's a decent mini-powerforward, perhaps actually the type of player that Latendresse is most likely to become if he makes it to the NHL. According to most people, we need that kind of player. He's cheap, brings size with some decent skill, he could slot in on the left side for pretty much any of our lines and not look out of place.

The only thing I wonder about is why Burke traded him away, then. They didn't need to shave his salary off their cap figure, because a rookie like Getzlaf or Perry who might replace him in the lineup will make almost as much. If his recent injury history has slowed him further to the point where the Ducks fear about his ability to play in the new game, maybe he's just a younger Randy McKay waiting to happen? That's the only concern I can think of. Otherwise teams should have been all over picking up LeClerc. Burke even gave him away within his own division, which raises another warning flag.
Thanks for that. Clever observations.

Old
08-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Spooky371*

I take Leclerc way before Dagenais or Sundstrom.
And I prefer Beaudoin (UFA) at Sundstrom. More younger. More physical.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:49 AM
tmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien

I think this post says it all

Closed Thread