HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rucchin traded to the Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2005, 02:16 AM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I am really sick and tired of how unreasonable some people are in this board. They just want their superstars and their wet dreams of winning a cup this year. They never learned a thing from the 8 miserable years we've had to endure with their formula.

Rucchin will be a great asset come trade date. As well as Nylander, Straka, Rucinsky, etc. Even JAGR.

And for those who think a 2nd rounder is too valuable to trade in a capped nhl tell that to a contender desperate for a cup on the trade deadline, the usual imbeciles like the Maple Leafs or Flyers, etc. And now with seamingly more parity, you can add a ton of teams who were usually sellers to be potential buyers.

This is good for the team, it adds a guy who provides leadership for the developing players at the very least. And I'm sure he'll be traded, and even if he isnt we gave up nothing but added guidance for a lot of our young players, something none of the other mercenaries like I mentioned above can currently provide this team with.

Old
08-24-2005, 06:02 AM
jcrangerno1

You have to keep something in mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm
I am really sick and tired of how unreasonable some people are in this board. They just want their superstars and their wet dreams of winning a cup this year. They never learned a thing from the 8 miserable years we've had to endure with their formula.

Rucchin will be a great asset come trade date. As well as Nylander, Straka, Rucinsky, etc. Even JAGR.

And for those who think a 2nd rounder is too valuable to trade in a capped nhl tell that to a contender desperate for a cup on the trade deadline, the usual imbeciles like the Maple Leafs or Flyers, etc. And now with seamingly more parity, you can add a ton of teams who were usually sellers to be potential buyers.

This is good for the team, it adds a guy who provides leadership for the developing players at the very least. And I'm sure he'll be traded, and even if he isnt we gave up nothing but added guidance for a lot of our young players, something none of the other mercenaries like I mentioned above can currently provide this team with.
undefined Many of the people complaining are simply frustrated fans. Heck - I have had tickets since '92 and have seen the best and the worst first hand. The Moderator pointed it out before - you CANNOT throw a bunch of kids out there by themselves. I think many are overlooking the fact that most people have no idea how the rule changes will effect the game. I am not going to sit here and say the Rangers are going to the finals - but with the combination of speed and grit (Niemenen/Rucchin, etc) they do have the makings of a very decent team. It will be interesting to see which kids make the cut and how they will pan out.

You look back at guys like Nemchinov and Zubov - no one had any of these guys rated very high - but you sure would take guys like that right about now.

Lets wait and see the first few weeks of camp at least before we start trading off guys we just acquired or making this kids out to be either bums or stars.

My big suggestion - switch to decaf coffee until the season starts!!!

Old
08-24-2005, 06:39 AM
felixno44

nice move !!! now letīs get hilbert from boston !!!

Old
08-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Is there anything that is a postitive with you?
In life or just with this team?

Quote:
To say that you are being short sighted is an understatement.
Quote:
For you to say that this is garbage move is absolutely absurd..
Quote:
You are certainly entitled to your opinion...
Oh really...seems contrary to the latest trend here. However, you did call me absurd and short sighted while passively annointing me my right to an opinion.

I disagree with you. And getting you to see my side of this doesn't affect this trade at all. So why argue the point? I don't like it...that's all. Maybe in season's past when the Rangers were hunting for a berth, perhaps Ruuchin would have been a vital cog in our realization of that goal. But as Edge said several times, all Rucchin brings us today is a point total that leaves us neither here nor there. And I just don't like it.

Last edited by Shadowtron: 08-24-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Old
08-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Sunshine

majoritystorm -

good comments, I couldn't agree with you more.

I believe many on these messages boards carry with them a manic depressive side.
Night-in & night-out, they want to fire the coach...trade the player...
this draft pick should have been so-and-so...sell the organization.

I suppose when you aren't happy in your own life, you can try to rid some of those feelings in this way. Pretty sad.

Old
08-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

I believe many on these messages boards carry with them a manic depressive side.
Night-in & night-out, they want to fire the coach...trade the player...
this draft pick should have been so-and-so...sell the organization.

I suppose when you aren't happy in your own life, you can try to rid some of those feelings in this way. Pretty sad.
Very astute analysis, Doctor.

So a manic depressive wants to fire the coach when the team is bad, trade a player when that player underachieves, and disagrees with draft selections? All because it lessens the burden of unhappiness in their lives? Wow. That'sa monumental find. Ever think of writing a paper for one of those mental health journals. This may a breakthrough, Sun.

Who'd have thought that during all this time my frustration was really a cry for

Old
08-24-2005, 07:47 AM
shoothepuck

Rucchin was a good trade because you got a player that can go at the trade deadline for a pick, or he has a year left on his contract, so he's gone next year if you don't trade him. He replaces someone who wouldn't really play much, and he can win face-offs. Even in a losing/re-build year you need to win face-offs and have a 2nd line center. Did we really need him?, no. Is his trade value worth more than what you gave up?, Yes.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:22 AM
True Blue

Not horrible, but not great. Is it a bad pick-up, in and of itself? No. However, what this does do is allow only one of the younger players to play as a top 6 forward. Straka, Nylander & Jagr will be the first line. Rosie, Rucchin & probably Balej will be the 2nd. So then either Lundmark or Immonen will have to play the 3rd and will be the ones responsible for taking on the likes of Forsberg. Further, if Immonen is to center the 3rd line, that means that once again, Lundmark is being played out of position. First he's a center, then he's a wing, then he's a center again, and now a wing. Didn't Renney just come out and say that Jaime is a center?
While not a bad trade, this just reinforces what I have been saying all along. It's 6 years of drafts with Sather. And, in a rebuilding year, all we have to look forward to on the top two lines is probably Balej, a kid who could not find it within himself to get up to play in the AHL last year. Obviously, Sather does not have the confidence in his draft picks that some on this board seem to have.
Bad trade? No. Hopefully Rucchin has himself a good year and finds himself traded to a contender at the deadline. However, 5 of the top 6 spots are now locked in to veterans, leaving only one spot for a youngster to develop. The rest? Like in the past, looking for some quality time on the bottom 2 lines.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:28 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Is this because the Rangers weren't the ones in the Heatley/Hossa deal? Sure sounds like you are superstar hungry. The point is to have a miserable team during rebuilding. What dont you get? LOL, you really dont like the fact that we got Ruccin instead of Kariya and Selanne? Gosh this is bringing back some memories...

Not really. I am just saying that we always end up with the short end of the stick no matter what we do. Yea, having "Rooch" doesn't bring back any memories of hiring overpaid, under-talented, aging veterans to our roster. LOLer! You call this a rebuild????? hahahahaha. "Now, where to build our factory." "How about fantasy land!" What did they give up for him? NOTHING. What did they get in exchange for NOTHING? NOTHING! MORE SALARY. We gave up a nothing under a million player for a 2+ million player that didn't do anything other than make you happy because they, "DID something."

Actually, I couldn't care less about the Heatly/Hossa trade. Since we didn't have Hossa to trade for Heatly, why would that concern me? In fact, what does that have to do with anything? Did you just say something to say something back? Can I have an opinion hear with you attacking my credentials on hockey? Do you think that I have just woke up this morning a Ranger fan? I am going to every home game this year to watch this miserable franchise play patty cake on the ice while have a $25.00 dollar hot dog dinner. If you don't call that support then what do you call it? You could call it stupid too I guess.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:28 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
The trade really isnt that bad, not great..but not bad..we needed a captain, we got it with Rucchin, we need some extra grit, we got that as well with Rucchin, we pretty much gave up nothing of much value for a year of his services in which we could possibly get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in March if we were to trade him as a playoff rental. The only bad thing is we have one less spot for a kid..is that a bad thing? In my opinion it just means the kids who REALLY want a shot with the Rangers will give it that much more at training camp and when both NHL and AHL seasons open up. If a kid is floating around playing at 70% on the ice he can expect to be sent down to give another kid a shot. We still have quite a few spots for our rookies. I am more in favor of this trade then not.
This is about the most thoughtful post I've seen in this thread (there are other good ones, but the childish personal venting is getting to me a little). I'm getting something of a crash course of Steve Rucchin today myself, and after sifting through everything I'm pretty much where flyline88 is. One, this is a team that will have an unusual number of very young players on it but not only had no obvious leader but I didn't see anyone lurking in the shadows either. And guys who really bring that kind of value do not just get plucked off trees when you want them. Second, I found it odd that we pick up a veteran center the day after signing Immonen, who is also touted as a "solid two-way" type of center. But I guess I'm getting swayed by the idea that if Lundmark wants to hang around, let him beat somebody out for a job or the hell with him. Youth is best but youth purely for its own sake is stupid except for the cap impact. I gotta wonder about a "gritty" player who averages about 15 PIM in a full season... you'd think a good hard checker would get double that merely due to poor refereeing... but I haven't watched him closely, so I'll reserve judgment on that. The dopiest remark I think I've seen is that a guy who averages 40-50 points can't be a No. 2 center on this year's edition of the New York Rangers... these people who have certain prior knowledge that some 22 year old kid with a whole new culture, play style and ice surface to deal with is going to pop in and get a sure 30 goals just slay me. Also the guys who bemoan the idiocy of trading away 5th rate goons (15th rate hockey players) who are lucky to have gotten 3 minutes a game anywhere north of the ECHL. Hopefully when summer is over and the twerps go back to junior high the value of these discussions will notch up a bit.

Upshot is, I see no way this acquisition can be a negative. The best case scenario is that we have a really competitive camp, the coaching staff actually monitors performance in the camp intelligently and with an open mind and appetite for a little risk, and that a youngster performs so well that Rucchin plays on the 3rd line. If not, then that should be fine as well.

Last edited by BringBackNeilSmith: 08-24-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old
08-24-2005, 08:32 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Oh please. The Rangers add a good player for basically nothing and you're complaining? You can't just throw 23 kids on the ice. You need to surround them with some solid veterans. Half of these kids we have aren't even ready for the NHL. A youth movement takes time, you can't just throw everybody into the NHL. There will be 4-5 kids on the team this year, and that's more than you can say about the previous years combined.

The Rangers still need to put forth a competitive squad. Rucchin is a solid player, good playmaker, good face-off guy and PKer. He does all the little things it takes to win. He fits Renney's description perfectly of what a Ranger should be. We got him for a career-minor leaguer and a draft pick.
That's true. And I'll be that person to disagree. 4-5 kids? Hell of a rebuild. Maybe Renney could be a player/coach this year and teach the 4-5 kids. The problem is those kids will be on the 4th line and get about 30 games of time this year. Oooh, can't wait. Once again we pluck a western conference player to play an eastern conference game. How many times did that not work out for us?
No matter what this team does, somebody is always gonna disagree.

BTW, do you realize there is a salary cap in place? We can't keep saying we traded nothing for him. We traded away salary cap for him.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:32 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Hey all - my first post. After the draft I started checking this board regularly and after reading all of your comments I am getting so amped to watch the Rangers lose a ton of 4-3 & 5-3 games this year.

I think this is an excellent move for a rebuilding team. Rucchin is a solid, solid vet who will provide leadership and stability and teach the kids how the game is played - both on and off the ice.

He has a somewhat pricey one year contract, which means that Cablevision can suck up most of the damage he does to the cap and then come March he provides a perfect complimentary piece to a borderline cup contender at very little cost - a strategy I think the Rangers are pursuing with more than one player. As to those who are saying that you won't be able to get as much at the trading deadline in the "new NHL" I dunno... I think cup-contending teams will always be willing to pay the price when they smell that they're a top 5-8 team. Stanley Cups are very, very rare - just ask any Rangers fan. Besides, a 2nd line talent with almost no cash left on his contract could be MORE of an asset under the new cap as opposed to less of one. And if he's not playing like a 2nd line talent, then he'll certainly be moving down the roster in favor of a younger player, which brings me to...

espn.com lists the Rangers as having 9 forwards, including Lundmark, Murray and Ward. That means exactly SIX forwards that won't be on the Rangers when the team is hopefully good 3 years from now. I mean, good Lord, how many kids do you want the team to throw into the fire? Sending an AHL team out there to get absolutely slaughtered by the opposition on a nightly basis is no way to break the kids in, build their confidence and get them adjusted to the bigger, stronger, faster pro game. You'd have a team of Manny Malhotras (circa late 2000) by season's end.

And don't forget the value that quality vets like Rucchin, Kasparitis and Rucinsky provide during all the hours other than 7-10pm on game nights. (Looking at those names, that's another reason why this is a great pickup - Sather's bringing in quality people to set the example, but he needed a NA guy in this category and now he has one.)

As to specific spots, I'm assuming that Ward is a fourth liner and that the team would have absolutely NO problem shipping him to Hartford. (But if he earns more playing time, we're talking about a 26-year-old former first round pick - is that such a bad thing? Assuming he EARNS it, mind you.) Other than that, who's to say that the kids are necessarily relegated to the fourth line? Or, for that matter, that the vets are guaranteed top six spots simply due to the fact that they are vets? Granted, that has been team policy in the past, but if they really are rebuilding under Renney, the ONLY guy I see with guaranteed first line status is Jagr. Realistically speaking, Straka and Nylander are also most likely on the top two units, but can (and would) Villie Nieminen or Martin Rucinsky gripe about being on the 3rd line (or Nylander or Straka demand to play center)? I can certainly see a good company man like Rucchin moving down the roster for the good of the team. Throw in almost certain injuries for the older players, not to mention the trades that people are already predicting and you've got MORE than enough PT for the kids up front. In fact, it's probably more than the "NHL-ready" kids (Murray, Moore, etc.) deserve - we better hope that the Jessimans and the Daweses (Daweses?) progress fast enough to be ready for mid-season call-ups. But I say great - let 'em sink or swim.

I won't go into the D or the Goalie situation, because I think it's fairly clear where the opportunities for younger players are there (and I've already gone on way longer than I intended), but how can people complain about the program with the forwards? Heck, I can see Sather bringing in one or two more career 3rd/4th line vets to add depth in camp. He's going about it exactly the right way (so far of course - we've all been let down by Glen before); now if he had brought in Selanne, then I would have been upset.

One last point: who exactly are the five other teams that people see being WORSE than the current Rangers lineup? Especially if Sather starts dumping parts in late winter/early spring? Can you doubters really come up with FIVE of them?

Old
08-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Fletch

Did the Rangers acquire...

their 2005-2006 captain? I liked Rucchin....back when we were posting on the Rivals page. Thought he's lost a bunch of steps. On the surface, it's a good trade - AHL enforcer and a fourth rounder two years out for a guy who's a decent two-way center, and can actually be better with good wingers. I am, however, curious as to how all these pieces are going to fit. Rucchin, Jagr, Rucinsky, Nylander, Straka, Niemenen and Ward...is that 7 of the top 9? Then you have Immonen, Lundmark, Balej, Moore,[Prucha to a lesser extent] and Giroux fighting for two spots, presumably. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. And I almost see Ward as this season's putty...the guy that get top line minutes while others sit. I don't know, nor do I trust the staff and management to make right decisions at this point, unfortunately. I'm almost guessing there's going to be a trade - no sure who or for whom, but Sather ain't done (although I'm guessing this squashes the Gratton idea).

Old
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackNeilSmith
But I guess I'm getting swayed by the idea that if Lundmark wants to hang around, let him beat somebody out for a job or the hell with him.
You are missing the point of some of the naysayers. The point is that, as of right now, there is only one spot for a youngster to play on in the top 6 forward alignment. Only one wing spot is open. The m.o. under Sather has been that no matter how well a young guy plays, he will never be allowed to beat out a vet for a spot. Well, now you have exactly one spot open in the top 6 forwads. Even if Lundmark AND Balej blow the doors off with their performance in camp, only one will be a top 6 forward. And one of the two has to play out of position to make it.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Not horrible, but not great. Is it a bad pick-up, in and of itself? No. However, what this does do is allow only one of the younger players to play as a top 6 forward. Straka, Nylander & Jagr will be the first line. Rosie, Rucchin & probably Balej will be the 2nd. So then either Lundmark or Immonen will have to play the 3rd and will be the ones responsible for taking on the likes of Forsberg. Further, if Immonen is to center the 3rd line, that means that once again, Lundmark is being played out of position. First he's a center, then he's a wing, then he's a center again, and now a wing. Didn't Renney just come out and say that Jaime is a center?
While not a bad trade, this just reinforces what I have been saying all along. It's 6 years of drafts with Sather. And, in a rebuilding year, all we have to look forward to on the top two lines is probably Balej, a kid who could not find it within himself to get up to play in the AHL last year. Obviously, Sather does not have the confidence in his draft picks that some on this board seem to have.
Bad trade? No. Hopefully Rucchin has himself a good year and finds himself traded to a contender at the deadline. However, 5 of the top 6 spots are now locked in to veterans, leaving only one spot for a youngster to develop. The rest? Like in the past, looking for some quality time on the bottom 2 lines.
what has lundmark done to deserve being handed a job on this team? Why can't Rucchins line play againts other peoples top lines? If kids aren't ready to step into the top 2 lines in september doesn't mean they are busts. Its to bad you can't show as much patience with Sathers draft picks as you do with a Neil Smiths second biggest bust (well perhaps third after brendl and brown) lundmark.

5 of the top 6 spots are locked into veterans on paper IN AUGUST. It doesn't mean they are locked in when reality sets in in October. For all we know Jessiman Dawes Immonen and Prucha (you know sather draft picks with top 6 potential) all have monster camps. Kids have to earn there ice time not have it handed to them. There is no reason Rucchin won't be a third line center on this team.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:37 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I'm sorry I missed this great individualism you displayed in a emoticon, two words, and an exclamation point. If anyone's dilusioned its you, after years of adding stars and finishing out of the playoffs---staying low key and adding role players seems like a recipe to shock all the doubters. Please don't come running back so fast to apologize if NYR have a decent record.

Theres nothing exciting about rebuilding, what kind of direction were you expecting the Rangers to take? I'm not sure the Rangers are done dealing, so I'm not gonna get crazy and say this is taking so and so's spot. If Immonen/Betts/Hollweg prove worthy, they make the team, Ruccin moves up, and someone like Nylander gets dealt. We have a decent amt of one year contracts now with Straka, Rucinsky, Ruccin which are critical at the deadline.

Sounds good when you think about that nonsense day to day. We have one year contracts. What do we say next year when they go on another spending spree and turn this team into liquid crap again? "Well, they are only one year contracts so..." Enough of that one year crap already. This season is dust. We will get pounced on once again. That is why I wanna see 65% kids. I wanna see hope. I don't wanna see one year contracts in the loss column.

How excited do you think I am going to be driving across two states every other day to know that "Rooch" is in the locker room with a pointer stick against a black chalk board "Teaching Our Kids". WHAT KIDS! All the kids we DO have our 3rd round picks that will turn into Ken Gernanders.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
You are missing the point of some of the naysayers. The point is that, as of right now, there is only one spot for a youngster to play on in the top 6 forward alignment. Only one wing spot is open. The m.o. under Sather has been that no matter how well a young guy plays, he will never be allowed to beat out a vet for a spot. Well, now you have exactly one spot open in the top 6 forwads. Even if Lundmark AND Balej blow the doors off with their performance in camp, only one will be a top 6 forward. And one of the two has to play out of position to make it.
BS.

name a young player that this has happen too? please please please please please please please say lundmark. PLEASE say lundmark. Come on just say lundmark so the whole board can have a huge laugh.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If Nylander wasn't on the team, I would probably like this trade.

I can't understand how a move like this takes place before a grouping players has even taken to the ice. Is it so absurd to think there's going to be ONE suprise out of camp and just maybe it will be a center? Can't we wait to see what we've got before positions are handed out?

Old
08-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Washington, Carolina, NYI and St. Louis all look worse to me on paper. Of course, that's just on paper. In addition, if the league really changes, Minnesota can be added to that list.

Just a thought.

That said, the moment Straka, Nylander or Rucchin get hurt this season, we will all have to give Sather a little bit of credit here. Because we all know that one of those guys will be out of the lineup come December and a younger player will take their place.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:44 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Is there anything that is a postitive with you? This is another move designed for the short term. This is the kind of vet who will attract attention come trading deadline, as are many of the Sather signings. To say that you are being short sighted is an understatement. Veterans who have only the remaining couple of paychecks due them will be a commodity come the deadline. Sather is stacking up chips again to trade as he did 2 years ago.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but this is a quality move. We gave up nothing for something that will provide the right kind of presence in the room, at camp, in practice, during the season. For you to say that this is garbage move is absolutely absurd. What possible negative impact does acquiring someone like Rucchin have?
Give me something to be positive about and I'll vomit balloons for you. Why is it that when I read around these posts that it seems like we need to just make some more key moves to fill in some spots and we are stanley cup contenders? "Move this guy to the wing and get this guy and we have a solid line". Are we talking about the New York Rangers here?

I think he is being honest and truthful not negative. Yea, i'd love to look at the positives of this team. Let's do that for a minute.

I hear they got a new Zamboni that cleans the ice quicker. Weeee!
I hear they painted to seats at the garden. Oooo!
I hear Sather started smoking cheaper cigars. Yippeeeees!

Old
08-24-2005, 08:47 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
C'mon Kovy, you can pick up someone the same if not better than Gillies on waivers. Gillies isn't even AHL proven so what makes anyone think he will make the NHL? How many goons are without contracts right now? This is a very good trade for the Blueshirts.
Do you people ever look at what we get in return? That is the same nonsense around here. "We gave up nothing", "We gave up nothing". Never what we got in return. I guess it doesn't warrant repeating the word "nothing".

Old
08-24-2005, 08:49 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
I don't care about the player we lost, nor do I give a **** about how "Euro" our team has become because that is only a temporary thing.

I'm disappointed because yet another spot in our lineup is going to a 30-something has-been that is going to accomplish very little for us in terms of the long run.

Like I've been saying for a month now, we're just good enough to put up 70 pts in the standings and just good enough to miss the playoffs by one or two positions. By only narrowly missing we also lose out on a potential lottery pick.

Bottom line is that he's eating up minutes when we've yet to determine whether or not they could go to someone else. His leadership qualities while substantiated aren't going to drastically help this team for four months. And, the return we're going to see on any possible trade is negligible - just like the deal that brought him here.

Bad deal.
EXACTLY!

Old
08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

Quote:
Well, I didn't miss the point, really. My own point is, I think that in the environment of right-now-today maybe it doesn't make sense to assume- stridently- that what has been will continue to be. In particular, this regime's ability to refrain from handing roster spots and responsibilities to resumes rather than on-ice performance. History says we could be in for some awful disappointments in this regard, but I choose to remain hopeful for now and with some reason, hopefully. Most of the "veterans" at forward could easily be slotted on 3rd and 4th lines...IF one of the kids could make it happen. The only ABSOLUTE locks I see for the top two lines are Jagr, Straka and (probably) Nylander. Realism suggests that Rucchin and Rucinsky would be there, too, because I really don't KNOW what's going to happen in camp with Immonen or Prucha (or even Jessiman and Dawes, unlikely though that may seem) and Lundmark and Balej seem to have sufficient work ethic issues that if they won't compete effectively for these roles, then I don't want them there, period.

If the Rangers dont get RIGHT NOW into a mode in which ice time is earned, without exception, then they can have a youth movement, a civil rights movement or a bowel movement, it'll all be the same.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude
Anyone who thinks this is a bad trade is a complete idiot! I mean a complete idiot! This is one of the best trades in a while. What Rucchin brings in the lockerroom is more valuable than anything.

I hate people that think rebuilding is throwing out a team full of in-experienced players and snagging a high draft pick. That's not how you develop players. They need to know how to win too.

Thinking that it's a good idea to just rush a pile of players before they're ready or player a player in a role that they are not capable of is not a good way to rebuild. Sather is smarter than anyone of you people so shut your mouth. The fact is no matter what the Rangers do there's going to be some idiots that think it was the worst move ever. Get real, grab a brain.

Oh and to you people thinking Rucchin will play a top six role... you guys may also need to purchase a decent brain. He's a 3rd line checker.

That's funny you should say that. What you said doesn't work is how Tampa Bay won two years ago. hmmm. Also, just because someone voices an "opinion" that does not agree with yours doesn't make him an idiot. It makes you "stupid" for saying it, that's all.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:52 AM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
With the team we're icing with this season, you really never know what could happen. I'm not saying we're a lock or anything, but the Rangers could have a shot at the 8th seed. If we are in the race for the 7th or 8th seed by the trade deadline, I really don't see these vets going anywhere.

If you look at our top 2 lines, they are pretty good. Our 3rd line will consist of Nieminen, Ward, and possibly Rucchin to complete a solid checking line. Our 4th line will be an energy line.

I was thinking about where Immonen could fit in as well. If he impresses during training camp, I could see him centering the 2nd line. We'll have Nylander centering the 1st line and depending on how we want to use Rucchin, he could be a checking center for our 3rd line. Putting Immonen on the 4th line would be a lost cause...just put him between some good players on the 2nd line so he can produce, which will help boost his game and give him confidence.

When do we start the canned laughter?

Closed Thread