HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #4 | Rangers 1 at Flyers 2

Old
04-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Icing the puck because you don't have the capacity to make a simple pass is as bad as a turnover in you're dzone.
icing the puck is a step above turnover. It's not ideal but its better than luke turning it over at the blueline and then being out of position to recover.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
icing the puck is a step above turnover. It's not ideal but its better than luke turning it over at the blueline and then being out of position to recover.
Also something Grossmann does.

04-25-2014, 10:43 PM
flyerstime

http://distilleryvesper4-4.ak.instag...d34668_101.mp4

flyerstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Bro you don't want to pull up advance stats when your dog in the fight is luke schenn.

You think i just randomly not like a guy? Do you think that i have some vendetta against luke schenn? I judge every player on their play, and i don't have blinders on. I see giroux limitations as well as his assets , same with luke. Luke brings a lot to the table but his one deficiency is not even a deficiency, its more of a handicap.
I can understand not liking Luke Schenn, I don't think he's that bad at all and I certainly don't think he's anywhere near as bad as you say, but how can you possibly think that Grossmann is better??????? Grossmanns a trainwreck every time he's on the ice, the reason the guy blocks so many shots is because every time he touches the puck he turns it over and they get more offensive zone time. He's slow, he has the worst hands I've ever seen, and he makes horrible decisions constantly. I want him off the team more than anyone other than Emery. The two of them can be broken and horrible somewhere else.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:46 PM
StandingCow

There was a cool rangers fan in the bathroom...while he was pissing we started an ahole chant...He was cracking up.

I don't buy that this crowd was any better or any worse than any other crowd. It was great in our section.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:47 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Bro you don't want to pull up advance stats when your dog in the fight is luke schenn.

You think i just randomly not like a guy? Do you think that i have some vendetta against luke schenn? I judge every player on their play, and i don't have blinders on. I see giroux limitations as well as his assets , same with luke. Luke brings a lot to the table but his one deficiency is not even a deficiency, its more of a handicap.
Bro, it's not advanced stats. Giveaways and takeaways are logged by the NHL.

And did you even read the article or what? It's pretty simple, he can't carry the puck out and he can't clear the zone in general, you can see that by just watching him play assuming you don't have blinders on that is.

Schenn isn't some great defensemen but I've seen you claim an AHLer could do his job just as well if not better. After all the **** I've heard you spew about this guy, you can't convince me you don't have a vendetta.

If you're gonna hate on a guy unreasonably at least admit it (like Beef does with B Schenn).

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:50 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
There was a cool rangers fan in the bathroom...while he was pissing we started an ahole chant...He was cracking up.

I don't buy that this crowd was any better or any worse than any other crowd. It was great in our section.
See, that's how opposing team fans should handle things like that. Don't be a tough guy, just laugh it off.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Bro, it's not advanced stats. Giveaways and takeaways are logged by the NHL.

And did you even read the article or what? It's pretty simple, he can't carry the puck out and he can't clear the zone in general, you can see that by just watching him play assuming you don't have blinders on that is.

Schenn isn't some great defensemen but I've seen you claim an AHLer could do his job just as well if not better. After all the **** I've heard you spew about this guy, you can't convince me you don't have a vendetta.

If you're gonna hate on a guy unreasonably at least admit it (like Beef does with B Schenn).

I'm giving him his props this playoffs, he has played much better. I wish i knew how to rip video off of hockey streams and post it on youtube. I would literally make you guys a lowlights package of luke schenn. He plays the least amount of minutes for a reason. So atleast the coaching staff is on my side.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:52 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
See, that's how opposing team fans should handle things like that. Don't be a tough guy, just laugh it off.
I was talking to him and his buddy before that. Cool guys...and we all hate the penguin fans lol

Old
04-25-2014, 10:53 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:

You don't get **** like that at other stadiums at least not in my experience. I've been to a few and have never really got heckled at all. You can't walk through the WFC with another teams colors without getting ahole chants and booed and sometimes a bit more. It's not neccesarily "worse" then any other stadium, but you don't get near as much **** anywhere else as you do here. The rep of a bunch of thugs is overstated but it is a fair bit more hostile then other stadiums I have been to.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:

So unreasonable.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:54 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
I was talking to him and his buddy before that. Cool guys...and we all hate the penguin fans lol
Something both fanbases can agree on

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
I'm giving him his props this playoffs, he has played much better. I wish i knew how to rip video off of hockey streams and post it on youtube. I would literally make you guys a lowlights package of luke schenn. He plays the least amount of minutes for a reason. So atleast the coaching staff is on my side.
A lowlight video of Grossmann would make Schenns look like a highlight video.

And trust me, you don't want to use the coaching staff as a backup for any argument, Berube is an idiot... I'd say this probably hurts your argument more than anything else.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:55 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So unreasonable.
I didn't mean without basis mind you.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Considering Berube's many questionable decisions, including his attachment to Grossmann, this isn't really a solid defense.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

As much as it may hurt Beef, you gotta admit Schenn had a really nice pass on the gwg tonight.

One might say he won us the game

Old
04-25-2014, 10:57 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
A lowlight video of Grossmann would make Schenns look like a highlight video.

And trust me, you don't want to use the coaching staff as a backup for any argument, Berube is an idiot... I'd say this probably hurts your argument more than anything else.
Yeah, Emery started game three with a healthy Mason on the pine. Many other examples as well.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
As much as it may hurt Beef, you gotta admit Schenn had a really nice pass on the gwg tonight.

One might say he won us the game
Yeah, great, good job you lazy useless bum.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:
Yeah, Emery started game three with a healthy Mason on the pine. Many other examples as well.
Look at the TOI for that game among forwards... or the lines that never get fixed.... or the 2nd PP unit.... or that Grossmann was playing at all... or many other things that are slipping my mind right now..

Old
04-25-2014, 11:01 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

This is such an awesome gif

Seriously amazing. It's before my time but being the youngest of 5 dudes (way youngest) I've seen that enough to appreciate its greatness.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Striiker
Non-factor

Quote:

He did it just to spite you.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:13 PM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerstime View Post
Haha this is amazing!

chupanibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Prongo
Beer

Good win, on to game 5

04-25-2014, 11:21 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Definitely B Schenn's best game of the series. I am guaranteeing a goal from him in game 5. But I still think we lose this series in 6...

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 12:03 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
You don't get **** like that at other stadiums at least not in my experience. I've been to a few and have never really got heckled at all. You can't walk through the WFC with another teams colors without getting ahole chants and booed and sometimes a bit more. It's not neccesarily "worse" then any other stadium, but you don't get near as much **** anywhere else as you do here. The rep of a bunch of thugs is overstated but it is a fair bit more hostile then other stadiums I have been to.
That is part of the fun of wearing other team's colors to other stadiums, my brother wore his caps jersey to the WC, and got heckled, he thought it was great, and I can't wait to do the same at the VC.

As long as you don't go pouring beer or attacking someone it is all good fun.