HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help me please! Arguing a boston can about that "French rule"

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Rozz

vCash: 500
Help me please! Arguing a boston can about that "French rule"

Some help me with a link to the real info about the French rule that apparently the only reason the Canadiens won so man cups in the past .. Got a boston fan at my bar telling me how it's the only reason blah blah blah.. Some one just posted the truth a few days ago .. Help me find it quick!

Old
04-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Erik Estrada

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...e-canadiens-fr

Old
04-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Don't bother, just tell him he looks cute and give him a tap on the bum. He'll leave you alone.

Old
04-25-2014, 09:56 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Some help me with a link to the real info about the French rule that apparently the only reason the Canadiens won so man cups in the past .. Got a boston fan at my bar telling me how it's the only reason blah blah blah.. Some one just posted the truth a few days ago .. Help me find it quick!
not sure but I think it had to do with drafting.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/

hope it helps ... you can always tell them the reason a penalty ends when the team scores was a rule implemented because our powerplay was too strong ...

Old
04-25-2014, 10:02 PM
SherbrookeW

There was never a "French" rule or anything like one. The Canadiens scouted Quebec more thoroughly than other organizations did, but this was in a primitive scouting era when it was mostly, I hear there's a good kid up in Quebec City. When the draft proper at last came in, for a single year(might have been two; certainly no more) the Habs claimed the two leading players in Quebec juniors: who happened to be Rejean Houle and Marc Tardiff. So: to the degree that those two players did indeed help eliminate Boston -- Houle scored a key goal in game seven of the '71 playoffs -- that , and that alone, was the effect of the mythical 'French'rule in the Habs domination of the Bruins.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Boston signed Bobby Orr when he was 14 and bought his junior team to ensure he'd go to the Bruins. I guess you could remind him of this fact that I'm sure he hasn't bothered to learn.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
wow cool story, i enjoyed reading it thx

Old
04-25-2014, 10:17 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

They whine about diving.....without a hint in the world that they do it the most.
They whine about dirty plays...they've been the dirtiest team in the league for years
They whine about the other team whining

You can't take them seriously dude...it doesn't matter whether or not you provide them with cold hard facts disputing their claims...as long as a the owner of a friends, fathers co-worker's dog thought he might have heard it on a radio show in boston a few years back...they'll stand by whatever kind of ******** they think would make us look or feel bad. They are the definition of self-projecting hypocrites.

We all have flaws....they're the only team and fanbase tandem i've seen act as high and mighty as they have and point out every one else's without reguards of their own. and that is the gods honest truth...everybody knows it.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
-Realize you're at a bar and the fan is probably drunk.
-Realize he cheers for Boston.
-Challenge to Roshambo.
-???
-Profit.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread