HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline Leagues

Old
04-26-2014, 04:10 PM
rhumbot

vCash: 500
Inline Leagues

Hi all,

im moving to North America for a few years for academic reasons ... Im playing Skaterhockey in Europe. Thats basically Inlinehockey with a ball instead of a puck with body contact, no offside on a smaller rink.

Being able to play this in NA would significantly influence my decition on where to go to. I could not find any decent information where inline players are properly organized - not to talk about the possibility to play Skaterhockey.

Could anyone give me an advice on how Inline/Skaterhockey is organized in the US/Canada?

rhumbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 09:22 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

There's a decent amount of inline hockey on the east coast, but the leagues that I know all use pucks. If you're coming here for college, there are club teams that go to tournaments in different states every few weekends and play a handful of games while you're there.

http://ncrha.org/

That website has the different divisions and what schools compete in them. Outside of that, I know Long Island (NY) has a few different roller rinks with house leagues in them. They all definitely use pucks though.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Ozz

NARCh is very popular for tourney play, as well as TORHS

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Beezeral

You aren't going to find your version of skaterhockey in the US. It's just not something we play. If you are coming to the US for college/university, would absolutely reccomend playing in the ncrha. Well run league for college students that crowns a national champion at the end of the year. It absolutely satisfies the competitive juices flowing in a player. If you are at a school that doesn't have a team, starting one really isn't that hard. I'd be happy to explain the process, just send me a PM

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 04:50 PM
OkimLom

Buffalo, NY has leagues of ball hockey but there is limited checking(not supposed to but things happen) and there is offsides. The rinks are medium size

For more info:
http://www.americanstreethockey.com/

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote