HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

a thought:

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2005, 05:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
a thought:

now, i know this wouldn't happen simply because of the inter-division aspect...but...if Detroit called up and offered Datsyuk or Zetterberg for:

Adam Hall
and
Shea Weber

Do you make that deal? I'd say yes, personally...and I'm with most of you in not wanting to deal Weber. However...for a player like that...I think everyone has their price. It seems like we're having trouble getting Hall signed, anyway...so throwing him in doesn't hurt too much.

Thoughts?

Old
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
AL-Canadian

I tend to agree with you about it ever happening but I would also trade both of those guys for a shot at Dats or Zetterberg. Either would be the missing piece of the Preds puzzle and would be the type of center Kariya would flourish playing with. There aren't many quality youthful #1 centers out there available and I'd be making a call, especially with the supposed Sept. 1st deadline for Datsyuk leaving Russia.

Old
08-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
now, i know this wouldn't happen simply because of the inter-division aspect...but...if Detroit called up and offered Datsyuk or Zetterberg for:

Adam Hall
and
Shea Weber

Do you make that deal? I'd say yes, personally...and I'm with most of you in not wanting to deal Weber. However...for a player like that...I think everyone has their price. It seems like we're having trouble getting Hall signed, anyway...so throwing him in doesn't hurt too much.

Thoughts?
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=45090 - stats for Zetterberg

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=49097 - stats for Datsyuk

Old
08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd rather have Zetterberg, I think he fits our team's mold better...despite Datsyuk being the more explosive of the two...but I guess Detroit is having more trouble getting Datsyuk back over...so maybe they'd be more inclined to deal him.

Old
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'd love to see Hank play for the Preds, that said I highly doubt Detroit would trade him, let alone to the Preds.

Old
08-24-2005, 07:11 PM
handtrick

What about Kimmo + Shish or a pick for Datsuyk or Kimmo straight up for Zetterberg?

Old
08-24-2005, 07:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
What about Kimmo + Shish or a pick for Datsuyk or Kimmo straight up for Zetterberg?

That's interesting, but I don't think this is the year for that deal. It would hurt our power play too badly. I think Suter and Hamhuis need to be fully acclimated to the NHL before we deal Kimmo.

Old
08-24-2005, 07:28 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think both are over hyped so no I wouldn't do it.

Both were surounded by super talent, they should have put up better numbers.

I think because they have been part of that dominate team everone labels them elite. I think their potential is equal to that of Legand and Erat.

Old
08-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
of all the pred players, i believe timonen is the best trade candidate we own. With his contract expiring next year and him becoming a UFA , the fact we have Klein,Weber and now Parent in the system, the fact that Hamhuis and Suter are future great pp dmen. Timonen's reputation(well deserved in my opinion),his allstar selections and name will make him a valuable product as soon as we're confident Weber,Klein could step in. No way will poile pay him to stay with what we have coming to replace him,so you want to trade the guy if possible while he's still under contract and still has maximum value...next summer is what i would guess...even though,it wouldn't totally surprise me if it were sooner(again when they get the idea hamhuis is ready to step in on the pp and either Klein or Weber is ready to make the jump)..a swap of his 2.47 million salary,for that 2.47 or so million centerman makes perfect sense...so it's just a matter of finding the right deal at the right time in my mind

Old
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
AL-Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think both are over hyped so no I wouldn't do it.

Both were surounded by super talent, they should have put up better numbers.

I think because they have been part of that dominate team everone labels them elite. I think their potential is equal to that of Legand and Erat.

I disagree with you here Triggrman. Because the Wings had more talent available, both Dats and Z weren't used as much in "high scoring" situations (Lang, Yzerman, Shanny took quality PP time) which I believe they'd get their fill of here in Nashville. I believe that either of these guys would thrive here in Nashville as THE #1 center with either Kariya or Sullivan as their linemate. A good 20+ minutes per game with 1st line PP duties would see them explode IMHO.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

Adam Hall
and
Shea Weber

Thoughts?

I'd prefer to have Zetterberg because he's cheaper, younger, almost as impressive offensively, and not nearly as useless in the playoffs. He's better defensively and not as scared of physical play.

I'd be very curious to see if management would do it. Adding either (especially Datsyuk) would likely see us burst through our self-imposed cap. At the expense of a top prospect and a good young player (both cheap), I'm not sure how Leopold would feel on it. It would certainly make us a better club short term.

Old
08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
I'd rather have Zetterberg, I think he fits our team's mold better...despite Datsyuk being the more explosive of the two...but I guess Detroit is having more trouble getting Datsyuk back over...so maybe they'd be more inclined to deal him.
Why? Zetterberg's a Product of the system. Compare his stats to Marty Erat and take into account he play's alongside HOF players and Marty is twice the player he is. We already have a player like him why add another? Interresting to note both were taken in the same round and Detroit is considered a better scouting team

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=45124

I agree with trigger both are way overrated.

Datsyuk for Hall and a 3rd is all I would do. only because we need a center

Last edited by Gnashville: 08-24-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old
08-25-2005, 07:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
I disagree with you here Triggrman. Because the Wings had more talent available, both Dats and Z weren't used as much in "high scoring" situations (Lang, Yzerman, Shanny took quality PP time) which I believe they'd get their fill of here in Nashville. I believe that either of these guys would thrive here in Nashville as THE #1 center with either Kariya or Sullivan as their linemate. A good 20+ minutes per game with 1st line PP duties would see them explode IMHO.
Actually Datsyuk finished 2nd in total ice time behind Lang, who's numbers were inflated before he arrived in Detroit. Datsyuk also finished right with Shanahan in playoff time 3rd overall with forwards on the team, again Lang was first, but wasn't with DRW most of the season.

Zetterberg finished 3rd overall on total ice time per game, ahead of Shanahan, Hull, Yzerman, etc. Only Lang and Datsyuk averaged more per game.

Datsyuk powerplay time - 3:10 pg Overall time 18:16 per game
Zetterberg powerplay time 2:43 per game Overall time 18:14 per game

Comparing that to Nashville's players

David Legwand powerplay time 3:04 pg Overall time 17:16 per game
Martin Erat powerplay time 2:34 per game Overall time 15:00 per game

So Legwand and Erat not only were not surrounded by the talent Detroit had but they didn't get time on the ice or on the powerplay the other two got.

Closed Thread