HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Wanting to become goalie.

Old
05-19-2014, 11:50 AM
TheyTuukkaMyCup

vCash: 500
Wanting to become goalie.

Well I'm writing this because I am wanting to buy me some goalie gear to play as a side thing and was just wondering what are the measurements of like leg pads I need and stuff. I'm roughly 5'10 200. Thx :-)

Btw will be buying off craigslist.

TheyTuukkaMyCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 09:09 PM
scryan

Leg pad measurements are going to vary from manufacturer to manufacture, but are typically based on ankle to knee measurements. Look up new pads from major brands online and you will find sizing charts... to give you a rough idea what size pads you should be looking for, then make sure you can try them on. If you can bring a skate its a good idea. fit a bit different with skates on. The measurement they give is the length of the boot + shin + knee that is why it sounds so big always, the ankle to knee measurement is always much shorter (something like 33in pad for a 17in atk... but don't quote me there)

Buy a GOOD helmet and realize that roller hockey helmets are necessarily good enough for ice. Scary what the guy I bought my pads off sold me as an "ice hockey" mask.... If you push in at the temples of the mask it should not flex easily.

scryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 02:33 PM
tsweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanStokes21 View Post
Well I'm writing this because I am wanting to buy me some goalie gear to play as a side thing and was just wondering what are the measurements of like leg pads I need and stuff. I'm roughly 5'10 200. Thx :-)

Btw will be buying off craigslist.
Do not buy a helmet off of craigslist. Anything else is pretty much alright, but you simply can't verify the condition of the helmet. It could easily have some damage to the padding that will make it unsafe to use.

Mostly, I just wouldn't trust something to protect my brain that I wasn't damn sure was gonna do the job. You're welcome to take on the risk, but I would not recommend it.

tsweeney is online now   Reply With Quote