HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Evander Kane to Philly

Old
04-29-2014, 03:00 PM

vCash: 500
I have a feeling that if Kane is traded, he will return a lot less than what people in this thread expect. I wouldn't trade the package in the OP for him.

55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
If you can convince Hartnell (NMC) to accept a trade, I'd do that, even though it makes our already piss-poor LW depth even worse (since we'd almost certainly use Buff on the defense.) I'm not Buff's biggest fan, but that's a reasonable enough price that I'd be willing to risk it.
Well, Buff is really good on LW (people think he was playing RW, but it was generally him on the left and Blake Wheeler on the right), so if you acquire more defense, he's really good there too.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:23 PM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Wow, if Kane can really fetch what some of you guys think, I'd be willing to put Voracek on the market and see what he could be worth. He's 2 years older but as of now, he's clearly the better player 108 points the last 2 seasons in 130 games (68 points per 82). He's signed for 2 more years at $1m less then Kane. He also doesn't have the bad vibes that seem to surround kane.

If Kane is worth a #2-3 defenseman, a middle 6 two-way forward, a mid first rounder, and a 2nd rounder, I hope the Flyers try to trade Voracek for even more than that!

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:28 PM
GoldenJet89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
And why is it that the Jets have been looking to deal this "dynamic, young scoring power forward" for at least two seasons now? If Kane (the player AND the person) were as wonderful as you describe, he'd be the Jets franchise player, not annual trade bait. He's a very nice player and comparable to JVR, not Corey Perry like some of these offers suggest. And there's a reason the Jets are trying/willing to deal him.
Except nothing anywhere ever other than fans of other teams has suggested the Jets are even remotely interested in moving him.

I won't get into the value debate, I just keep seeing this notion that the Jets want to move him, or are trying to. Just isn't the case

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Huffer

vCash: 141
Quote:
And why is it that the Jets have been looking to deal this "dynamic, young scoring power forward" for at least two seasons now? If Kane (the player AND the person) were as wonderful as you describe, he'd be the Jets franchise player, not annual trade bait. He's a very nice player and comparable to JVR, not Corey Perry like some of these offers suggest. And there's a reason the Jets are trying/willing to deal him.
Please show me the reports or quotes from Cheveldayoff that shows where the Jets have been looking to deal Kane for the last two seasons, and that's he's been annual trade bait.

Bob McKenzie reported at the deadline that the Jets were NOT looking to move Kane, but were getting multiple calls on him. So pretty much like a lot of players in the league that GM's want. That's about the best report I have seen.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:39 PM
KirkAlbuquerque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossram View Post
Not bad. Really how big is the difference between Kane and Schenn? Personally I'd probably rather have Schenn.
Well good thing you're not a GM.

KirkAlbuquerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:41 PM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Source?

Peter Tagli Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:42 PM
tucker22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Wow, if Kane can really fetch what some of you guys think, I'd be willing to put Voracek on the market and see what he could be worth. He's 2 years older but as of now, he's clearly the better player 108 points the last 2 seasons in 130 games (68 points per 82). He's signed for 2 more years at $1m less then Kane. He also doesn't have the bad vibes that seem to surround kane.

If Kane is worth a #2-3 defenseman, a middle 6 two-way forward, a mid first rounder, and a 2nd rounder, I hope the Flyers try to trade Voracek for even more than that!
I always am amazed that when people are trying to sell there serious point then put in statements like "bad vibes" or "character flaws" or "wants out of Winnipeg" or some other untrue jingle to prop up their argument. Stuff like that takes away any credibility that was stated before that point.

tucker22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tagli Eddie View Post
Source?
It's probably going to be Gary Lawless, AKA king of all sources.

Author of such critically acclaimed articles as:

-Winnipeg won't acquire a franchise anytime soon.
-Bogosian won't want to sign with Winnipeg.
-Wheeler won't sign with Winnipeg long term.
-Really no one will sign with Winnipeg.
-Winnipeg should trade the "Atlanta Five" (Ladd, Wheeler, Little, Enstrom, and Byfuglien) as they are from a failed franchise and are therefore poison. While also conveniently leaving out other former Atlanta players like Thorburn and Stuart. Grit you guys!
-The "Atlanta Five" are making Claude Noel look bad as a coach.
- Andrew Ladd is the worst leader ever.
-Evander Kane is the worst person on earth.
-I'm not a racist if I hate Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien.
-Blake Wheeler now refuses to talk to me so I'll write a nice article about him.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Please show me the reports or quotes from Cheveldayoff that shows where the Jets have been looking to deal Kane for the last two seasons, and that's he's been annual trade bait.
Come on. Flyers fans and Ducks fans were saying the same things about vanRiemsdyk and Ryan every time their names "surfaced" in trade rumors for a couple years BEFORE they were traded. Where there's smoke, there's fire. You guys have watched the game long enough to see how these things play out.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
It's probably going to be Gary Lawless, AKA king of all sources.

Author of such critically acclaimed articles as:

-Winnipeg won't acquire a franchise anytime soon.
-Bogosian won't want to sign with Winnipeg.
-Wheeler won't sign with Winnipeg long term.
-Really no one will sign with Winnipeg.
-Winnipeg should trade the "Atlanta Five" (Ladd, Wheeler, Little, Enstrom, and Byfuglien) as they are from a failed franchise and are therefore poison. While also conveniently leaving out other former Atlanta players like Thorburn and Stuart. Grit you guys!
-The "Atlanta Five" are making Claude Noel look bad as a coach.
- Andrew Ladd is the worst leader ever.
-Evander Kane is the worst person on earth.
-I'm not a racist if I hate Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien.
-Blake Wheeler now refuses to talk to me so I'll write a nice article about him.
Excluding everything else in this thread this is so true I Lol'd

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Come on. Flyers fans and Ducks fans were saying the same things about vanRiemsdyk and Ryan every time their names "surfaced" in trade rumors for a couple years BEFORE they were traded. Where there's smoke, there's fire. You guys have watched the game long enough to see how these things play out.
This is also true. He's waiting for the right deal to come. Hasn't found it. Won't trade him unless it comes along. Because 4 more years.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
So you don't have any example of anyone saying so and are just making stuff up?

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I must admit that Kane and Simmonds on a line would be quite amazing!

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
So you don't have any example of anyone saying so and are just making stuff up?
Josh Rimer reported it back at the deadline.

04-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Well, then there is agreement that Morin for Kane won't work. There is absolutely no way the Jets give up a dynamic young scoring power forward for a package centered around a "potential" guy.
Quote:
You misrepresented my original post. I wasn't equating Kane with Corey Perry. As you can see above, I was responding to a poster who said that he wouldn't trade Morin for Kane. My response was that there was no way the Jets would trade Kane for a "potential" guy like Morin, who isn't exactly today's Chris Pronger just yet. I still maintain that Kane is a dynamic, young, scoring power forward.

Most teams would be "willing" to trade most players for the right deal, but this meme that the Jets are trying to deal Kane is a bit tiresome. Most Kane trade threads start with a fan of another team who proposes a trade for Kane with the perspective that Kane should come cheap because he wants out of Winnipeg, has a poor work ethic, Jets don't like his attitude, etc., etc. Most Jets fans feel that Kane has high value, is likely to continue to improve, and would only be moved for a valuable package. There is also a belief that the Jets GM and ownership wouldn't move Kane for a "discount" deal.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
You mean this tweet from Rimer???

Quote:
It's possible we see Evander Kane traded today. Hearing there's a couple teams who have approached Jets.
It was from June 30, 2013.

So a couple of teams reportedly approached the Jets at the draft a year ago, so that somehow translates into the Jets wanting to trade him. Okay.

Have a look at the reaction from HFBoards at the time. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1457731)

Fans from other teams were clamouring to trade for him.

A few samples...

Quote:
I'd rather have the Leafs deal for Kane than #5.
Quote:
To Boston for Seguin
Quote:
I would add to Seguin to get Kane in a Bruins uniform
Quote:
I'd give up anyone except Hall/RNH/Yakupov for him. (yes that includes Eberle/Schultz and the 7th)
Quote:
Kane for Kassian and Corey Schnieder done deal
Quote:
Coburn + Read + 11th

I just want to see Simmonds and Kane on the same line

Kane-Schenn-Simmonds

Wrecking crew right there
Quote:
Evander Kane, Anthony Peluso, WIN 1st

for Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley, Jordan Caron, BOS 3rd.
Quote:
Ottawa please. One of my favourite players in the league.
Quote:
Ryan O'Reilly for Kane
Quote:
Habs probably will trade Pacioretty+ for Kane.
Quote:
I'd think any Vancouver offer would have to send Kesler the other way, otherwise WIN has a big hole at center.

Likely Kesler+.

Kane's one of the few players I'd want to trade Kes for.
Somehow, over the past year Kane became lazy and mediocre with a bad attitude. Jets fans who follow the team know that this year was an anomaly due to terrible line mates and injuries (mostly an infected wound on his hand from a fight).

Old
04-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Prongo
Beer

It's because of the season he had and the reports of problems up there. That's why his value is decreasing so much.

Also I can't find the rumor but it was at this years draft. I twitter searched Rimer and Kane and this came up.
https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/sta...42202538455040
Quote:
Josh Rimer (@JoshRimerHockey) reports the #Flyers and #Jets are talking about Evander Kane again.
I don't know where the tweet went but it was out there.

Also, what fans on HF say and GM's pay are completely different.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Here's another Josh Rimer special...

Quote:
Josh Rimer of SportsNet Toronto has reported that the Flyers have contacted the Montreal Canadiens about their young defenseman P.K. Subban.
So I guess that means that the Canadiens are trying to move PK.

Old
04-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Whileee

Quote:
It's because of the season he had and the reports of problems up there. That's why his value is decreasing so much.

Also I can't find the rumor but it was at this years draft. I twitter searched Rimer and Kane and this came up.
https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/sta...42202538455040

I don't know where the tweet went but it was out there.

Also, what fans on HF say and GM's pay are completely different.
See above... I guess it's just a matter of time before Subban is moved.

I'm pretty sure that competent NHL GMs won't let one season (where Kane was still on pace for 25 goals and 30 assists, with only 5 PP points) cloud their judgement the way it appears to have swayed the opinions of HFBoards posters. Kane is still 22 years old. Something to think about.

I'm not saying that the Jets wouldn't ever trade Kane, but that's different from the perspective that they will trade him at a discount because they feel compelled to dump him.

Old
04-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Just because you fail to understand the cost does not mean that it wouldn't exist. Numerous other teams would be willing to pay more than you suggest. Power-forwards with a demonstrated ability to score at the NHL level are a rare breed.

IF Kane was available in trade then a good portion of the league would want him. That increased demand is what would allow the Jets to near name their price. The reason it would cost the Flyers more than you expect is because they wouldn't be the only ones trying to acquire him. That elevated asking price is why people normally sell their used cars via adds in the newspaper and online versus just accepting the first crappy $200 bid from their neighbor, is why people sell rare works of art at well-attended auctions; buyer competition allows the seller to extract a higher price.
I live in Winnipeg, follow the Jets a lot, like Evander, don't believe 3rd hand rumors & believe E. Kane carries high value.
However, expecting B. Schenn + is fine but wanting the + to be the Flyers best defenseman, their best D prospect & a pick is not anywhere near realistic.
There would be more then 1 offer if TN shopped him but nothing approaching that asking price.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
I live in Winnipeg, follow the Jets a lot, like Evander, don't believe 3rd hand rumors & believe E. Kane carries high value.
However, expecting B. Schenn + is fine but wanting the + to be the Flyers best defenseman, their best D prospect & a pick is not anywhere near realistic.
There would be more then 1 offer if TN shopped him but nothing approaching that asking price.
I agree with this... I think Schenn has high value by himself. I would expect the Flyers to add, but not like some of the packages proposed here.

I just don't see why the Jets would want Luke Schenn as part of a package. They've already moved Buff to forward to create space for Trouba and Bogo at RD.

Old
04-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Prongo
Beer

Wait, you asked for a source and I provided one. There are others as well. I figured you would try to go after his credibility. I'm surprised you didn't mention he formerly blogged on hockeybuzz. Also, he said they contacted them about PK, didn't mention them involved in trade talks with them about him. When he made his report about Kane he specifically said they were talking trade with Kane.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Wait, you asked for a source and I provided one. There are others as well. I figured you would try to go after his credibility. I'm surprised you didn't mention he formerly blogged on hockeybuzz. Also, he said they contacted them about PK, didn't mention them involved in trade talks with them about him. When he made his report about Kane he specifically said they were talking trade with Kane.
I actually showed you that he originally reported the interest in Kane a year ago, and generated a lot of smoke that didn't signify much.

His rumor from the trade deadline indicates that the Flyers had approached the Jets, not the other way around. It suggests to me that according to your source the interest in Kane is coming from the Flyers and other potential "buyers". Yet you seem to think that means that the Jets are somehow motivated to move Kane and therefore would give him at a discount.

I'm not sure whether to believe Rimer, but I don't see any evidence from him that the Jets are trying to move Kane. Do you have any other sources on that score?

Old
04-29-2014, 07:18 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post

Voracek is not the player Kane is. You have to remember who Kanes linemates were. If Voracek had Kanes linemates the last three years , nobody would even know his name.
Kane is faster, tougher, and everything elser.

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote