HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Lehtonen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2003, 03:54 PM
  #1
Comrie_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Qc
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Lehtonen

one start
30 saves on 32 shot wow for a debut

Do u think he can push Dafoe to the number 2 spot this year.

Comrie_fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
  #2
dunwoody_joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrie_fan
one start
30 saves on 32 shot wow for a debut

Do u think he can push Dafoe to the number 2 spot this year.
I think he could, but it seems that starting in Chicago for the AHL club makes more sense for now. He was sent down today.

I think that Dafoe is trade bait and once that happens, Lehtonen comes up and backs Pasi. His playing time will drop and he'll be shelled some nights but at least he'll be in the NHL.

The kids is still just learning the game and growing into his body. I think he's the real deal!

dunwoody_joe is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 05:50 PM
  #3
Holly Gunning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: out and about
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
I think that Dafoe is trade bait and once that happens, Lehtonen comes up and backs Pasi. His playing time will drop and he'll be shelled some nights but at least he'll be in the NHL.
Disagree. Lehtonen needs to play a lot of games, especially this year. The best way to do that is to stay in Chicago. He's a #1 goaltender, not a backup. He'll be pretty much one place or the other from year to year.

Holly Gunning is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 07:01 AM
  #4
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
That 30 save performance was in the AHL right...?

So Kari's healthy...?

HE might just get teh rookie of teh eyar in the AHL...

only a few pmore years away...

Qubax is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 07:11 AM
  #5
In The Pasi Lane
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
That 30 save performance was in the AHL right...?

So Kari's healthy...?

HE might just get teh rookie of teh eyar in the AHL...

only a few pmore years away...
Nope, it was in the NHL. And as far as I can tell, he's healthy again.

 
Old
10-02-2003, 08:03 AM
  #6
dunwoody_joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Disagree. Lehtonen needs to play a lot of games, especially this year. The best way to do that is to stay in Chicago. He's a #1 goaltender, not a backup. He'll be pretty much one place or the other from year to year.
We'll see Holly.

I would not be surprised to see him in Atlanta this year for some backup duty. A little acclimation to the NHL before claiming the #1 spot.

Actually, I even expect that he'll backup Pasi most of next year.

dunwoody_joe is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 06:32 AM
  #7
ATLThrashers15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
We'll see Holly.
Actually, I even expect that he'll backup Pasi most of next year.
I think that all depends on Dafoe's health. And even then, depends on how he is playing in Chicago, and how Pasi is handling the workload of playing so many games. If Kari is player lights out hockey, and Pasi is seemingly getting tired from playing so many games, sure, bring him up and let him play some. That is sorta what Pasi did 2 years ago.

ATLThrashers15 is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 08:12 PM
  #8
TomHBlain
Registered User
 
TomHBlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
I think that all depends on Dafoe's health. And even then, depends on how he is playing in Chicago, and how Pasi is handling the workload of playing so many games. If Kari is player lights out hockey, and Pasi is seemingly getting tired from playing so many games, sure, bring him up and let him play some. That is sorta what Pasi did 2 years ago.
Gonna be harder for Kari now with Nurminen, Dafoe and now Hurme in his way. I have to think that Atlanta will try to dump someone... but I thought that was why they wanted to drop Hnlinka.

TomHBlain is offline  
Old
10-04-2003, 06:17 AM
  #9
ATLThrashers15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
Gonna be harder for Kari now with Nurminen, Dafoe and now Hurme in his way. I have to think that Atlanta will try to dump someone... but I thought that was why they wanted to drop Hnlinka.
Hurme or Dafoe will get traded. DW has already said a few times contacted him about the Thrashers goaltending situation.

ATLThrashers15 is offline  
Old
10-04-2003, 04:58 PM
  #10
Lessard Fretter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Disagree. Lehtonen needs to play a lot of games, especially this year. The best way to do that is to stay in Chicago. He's a #1 goaltender, not a backup. He'll be pretty much one place or the other from year to year.
I think she's pretty much correct, because it is most important that he plays as much as possible, and he won't be able to do that behind Nurminen in the NHL.

But I could still see Lehtonen getting a few games towards the end of the season depending on the situation.

Lessard Fretter is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.