Waiver Draft - Who to select?/Prediction Contest

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 11:07 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
Waiver Draft - Who to select?/Prediction Contest

The list is out now and their several players that we could pick up that can help the team.

My top four are: Jaroslav Bednar (FLA), Ivan Novoseltsev (FLA), Jiri Bicek (NJ), Todd Harvey (SJ).

My Predictions - 1st Round: Todd Harvey; 2nd Round: Ivan Novoseltsev (Hopefully he's still available!)

I also predict that we will lose Joe DiPenta. I can't believe DW left him exposed. I loved his small stint in Atlanta at the end of last season.

Old
10-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Lessard Fretter

Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
The list is out now and their several players that we could pick up that can help the team.

My top four are: Jaroslav Bednar (FLA), Ivan Novoseltsev (FLA), Jiri Bicek (NJ), Todd Harvey (SJ).

My Predictions - 1st Round: Todd Harvey; 2nd Round: Ivan Novoseltsev (Hopefully he's still available!)

I also predict that we will lose Joe DiPenta. I can't believe DW left him exposed. I loved his small stint in Atlanta at the end of last season.
I'm all for picking up that kid Bednar, and those others listed are worth picking too, I don't see us picking any d-men though.

As far as DiPenta goes, I don't agree with leaving him unprotected at all and am afriad we'll pay the price for it, but maybe not.

I guess DW may have left DiPenta unprotected thinking that he'll be our first call up at defence this season, so maybe where DiPenta won't need to clear waivers during the season should he go unclaimed, could that be the case? I am only guessing there though.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:02 AM
dunwoody_joe

It is a tough call, since I can never really guess what DW is doing. Exposing DiPenta? Hell, that makes no sense to me! (Last year he could have taken Marty Reasoner from Edmonton--would have been a solution to our #3 line center problem!)

Anyway, as I look down the available list I see the following guys that look interesting and might be available to us. (We cannot choose guys from teams in our own division in the first round, this leaves out Novo, Bednar, Keefe, Willis, Afanasenkov.)

So,
RWs: Todd Harvey, Josh Langfeld, Jiri Bicek, Tyler Bouck
C: Josh Holden
D: Todd Simpson, Ray Giroux
G: Jean-Marc Pelletier

I think DW will target (maybe in this order?): Harvey (1.3M), Langfield, Bicek, Holden or Giroux.

Also: DiPenta is gone!

Old
10-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Snyderman

vCash:
Atlanta Thrashers

Protected

Anthony Aquino, F; Yuri Butsayev, F; Jeff Cowan, F; Frantisek Kaberle, D; Vyacheslav Kozlov, F; Francis Lessard, F; Ivan Majesky, D; Shawn McEachern, F; Randy Robitaille, F; Marc Savard, F; Dan Snyder, F; Patrik Stefan, F; Andy Sutton, D; Chris Tamer, D; Brad Tapper, F; Daniel Tjarnqvist, D; Yannick Tremblay, D; Jean-Pierre Vigier, F; Byron Dafoe, G; Pasi Nurminen, G.

Available

Joe Dipenta, D; Eric Healey, F; Bill Lindsay, F; Brian Swanson, F; Mike Weaver, D; Frederic Cassivi, G.

I thought Anthony Aquino would be exempt from the waiver draft. I am now more confused about waivers than ever.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:50 PM
ChowsBaby21

I can see Atlanta taking a long look at Czerkawski depending on the extent of Heatley's injuries. With the run and gun offense that y'all have Chow may do really well there and at $900,000 him playing with Ilya could be a real good move. I also know that Atlanta expressed interest over the summer in him.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:30 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
It is a tough call, since I can never really guess what DW is doing. Exposing DiPenta?
DiPenta played well last year, but he didnt make the team this year. By exposing him, IF he gets through, he can be a good call up in case of injuries and could be sent down all year with out having to clear waivers.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:38 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChowsBaby21
I can see Atlanta taking a long look at Czerkawski depending on the extent of Heatley's injuries. With the run and gun offense that y'all have Chow may do really well there and at $900,000 him playing with Ilya could be a real good move. I also know that Atlanta expressed interest over the summer in him.
$900K??? I saw $2.? something million for him. MILBURY WAY overpaid for him. No way we get him. There are a few guys we could get though if we need a scoring punch. Ivan Novolseltsev comes to mind, ven Jaroslav Bednar from Florida as well, although, they have to last longer because they are in the SE Division. Travis Green is a good choice too. If Green is still around, I think we get him as long as ownership OK's the 1.5 million contract he has.

Old
10-03-2003, 09:46 AM
mud

Serge Aubin

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...03_122348_4740

Old
10-04-2003, 04:55 AM
dunwoody_joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
It is a tough call, since I can never really guess what DW is doing. Exposing DiPenta? Hell, that makes no sense to me! (Last year he could have taken Marty Reasoner from Edmonton--would have been a solution to our #3 line center problem!)

Anyway, as I look down the available list I see the following guys that look interesting and might be available to us. (We cannot choose guys from teams in our own division in the first round, this leaves out Novo, Bednar, Keefe, Willis, Afanasenkov.)

So,
RWs: Todd Harvey, Josh Langfeld, Jiri Bicek, Tyler Bouck
C: Josh Holden
D: Todd Simpson, Ray Giroux
G: Jean-Marc Pelletier

I think DW will target (maybe in this order?): Harvey (1.3M), Langfield, Bicek, Holden or Giroux.

Also: DiPenta is gone!

How do ya like those picks? Not a one--bupkus!

I best not give up my day job.

Closed Thread