HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mormina signs with Kings

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Yertle The Turtle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Mormina signs with Kings

www.lakings.com

Quote:
8/24/2005

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a multi-year entry-level contract with defenseman Joey Mormina, Kings Senior Vice President/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today. Per club policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

Mormina, 23, collected 16 points (8-8=16) and 50 penalty minutes in 39 games this past season with Colgate (ECAC), which advanced to the NCAA tournament. The 6-6, 230-pound native of Montreal compiled 56 points (16-40=56) and 156 penalty minutes in 141 collegiate games over four seasons (2001-05) with the Raiders.

Mormina, who is expected to participate in next month’s “Pacific Division Shootout” – a four-team rookie tournament hosted by San Jose from September 7 -11 - was originally selected by Philadelphia in the sixth-round (193rd overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
Ok... well I really wanted to see what Mormina could do with the Phantoms but I guess they did not.

Old
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
www.lakings.com

Ok... well I really wanted to see what Mormina could do with the Phantoms but I guess they did not.
Me to considering they are short on D prospects. They obviously didn't think he was good enough. disappointing, he was slated to be at the rookie camp, not now.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
This is garbage, he never even got a shot with the Phantoms where we're already shallow with D prospects. Why not give him a chance and instead let him walk for NOTHING? I'm not a scout so I'm probably missing something, but still.......NOTHING. College students are UFA after they graduate so let's hope Clarkie doesn't let the rest of our NCAA prospects walk.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:23 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
This is garbage, he never even got a shot with the Phantoms where we're already shallow with D prospects. Why not give him a chance and instead let him walk for NOTHING? I'm not a scout so I'm probably missing something, but still.......NOTHING. College students are UFA after they graduate so let's hope Clarkie doesn't let the rest of our NCAA prospects walk.
Agreed, what would it have cost? almost nothing, well we have David Printz! LA must have seen something in him.

Old
08-24-2005, 08:33 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb
Agreed, what would it have cost? almost nothing, well we have David Printz! LA must have seen something in him.
That the Flyers didn't. They've had plenty of time to evaluate him, and they decided he wasn't worth signing, which doesn't speak highly for Mormina.

I mean, Shields and Korovkin, yeah, those were really big losses. I'm not sweating Mormina either.

Old
08-24-2005, 10:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 332
I think it's more of a shock the Kings signed him. They're not too big on tough guys who know how to stand up for themselves.

Old
08-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I think it's more of a shock the Kings signed him. They're not too big on tough guys who know how to stand up for themselves.
I'm not too sure about Mormina being a tough guy and standing up for himself. NCAA hands out suspensions for fighting I believe so it's not a regularity. As for Mormina he's big and he's strong but far from being a tough guy.

Closed Thread