HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #6 | Rangers 2 at Flyers 5 | Tue., Apr. 29, 2014

Old
04-30-2014, 03:14 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Anybody see the brawl on dead spin up in one of the nose bleeds? Whole section jumped on a couple of rangers fans.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 03:36 AM
BillDineen

vCash: 500
Vinny to the fourth line and less minutes helps. The less he plays the better they play. I even think 9 and a half minutes is too much.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 04:42 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
http://deadspin.com/fans-brawl-in-th...1569673845/all

apparently Rangers fans thought they can do whatever they want because they were a group, kept taunting the crowd and acting like drunks.

Last edited by Flyerss: 04-30-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 05:36 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Yeah, I can see how him being on a cup winning team and being named captain would make up for the fact that he's been complete trash all series. He's contributing absolutely nothing and he's only hurting the team every time he's on the ice. Laughton would at the very least be able to add a bit of energy and speed to the lineup on top of the fact that he's a smart and tough player that's good defensively. But nah, you're right, lets keep in the trash since he's won a cup all by himself.
The hyperbole is strong with this one.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 05:43 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Grossmann and Gill out, Gus in, Hartnell demoted to second line, Lecavalier to fourth line, and we play our best game overall in the series. Coincidence?

Hopefully it will continue tonight!

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
The hyperbole is strong with this one.
But he is not a Jester yet.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 06:26 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
http://deadspin.com/fans-brawl-in-th...1569673845/all

apparently Rangers fans thought they can do whatever they want because they were a group, kept taunting the crowd and acting like drunks.
Great... another reason for the national sports media to talk trash on us. Doesn't matter who started it, Philly always gets the negative press.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 07:02 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I can`t remember a worse game for Couturier.

It`s amazing how the game played out given how dominant the Stepan line was against Couturier`s line tonight.
Whats sad is that Read and Akeson were doing pretty well on that line. It was Couturier who was struggling. Most of the breakouts were due to Read or Akeson blocking the shots or stealing it and then moving up the ice. Couturier did have a pretty bad game which was sad to see.

One guy who looked good was Raffl. I know he is not a top line guy obviously but he looked alot better than when Hartnell was up there. The guy hustles and tries to make plays. Hartnell just kind of cruzs.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 4701
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
So happy seeing Gus score tonight. What a moment for the guy.

That was the turning point of the game, If Rangers scored on PP it would be 2-1 and a different game and his goal was the eventual game winner.

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Great... another reason for the national sports media to talk trash on us. Doesn't matter who started it, Philly always gets the negative press.
Yea, rumor is they started dropping the n word about Simmonds and that's when it escalated, but you won't hear anything about that. Or that the Rangers fan hit a Flyers fan while the security was trying to take him out, starting the whole brawl.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 08:39 AM
The Rage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Yea, rumor is they started dropping the n word about Simmonds and that's when it escalated, but you won't hear anything about that. Or that the Rangers fan hit a Flyers fan while the security was trying to take him out, starting the whole brawl.
Yep, we're the villains though.

The Rage Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:03 AM
flyershockey

This game was won between the first and second period when the wingers finally figured it out in their own zone. They were either way too high or way too low in the first, making it easy on the Ranger's pinching defensemen. That was the biggest cause of all the turnovers in the first period. The defensemen didn't have any outlets and were stuck between forcing it to the center or going up the wall to an out of position winger getting collapsed on.

Edit: Also a win because Mason played his best game as a Flyer. Another effort like that will go a long way tonight.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:10 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I hope they bring the same fire tonight. You could see it right from the beginning. Oh, and I hope Mason is a wall again.

04-30-2014, 09:15 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This game was won between the first and second period when the wingers finally figured it out in their own zone. They were either way too high or way too low in the first, making it easy on the Ranger's pinching defensemen. That was the biggest cause of all the turnovers in the first period. The defensemen didn't have any outlets and were stuck between forcing it to the center or going up the wall to an out of position winger getting collapsed on.

Edit: Also a win because Mason played his best game as a Flyer. Another effort like that will go a long way tonight.
Exactly this. People were blaming the defense but they had no avenues to pass the puck. The Rangers at times had one player on the forecheck yet the Flyer forwards were not aware and weren't in position. People want to get on MacDonald or Schenn a lot but the forwards have a lot to do with how the team can handle the forecheck. If they don't give them lanes or avenues, there is no play to be made. Hence why they were turning back so much in that first period.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb45 View Post
I'm reading the rangers thread and they are all saying mason is a subpar goalie do you even follow hockey?
Mason has certainly played well beyond my expectations, but let's be honest. If Mason was on the Rangers we'd be saying the same thing. I imagine they tend to look at him no differently than Leighton in 2010. In fact, I've seen those comparisons on twitter by someone who doesn't follow either team in this series.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Oh boy,

The fight hit the mainboard series thread now. With no context whatsoever posted with the link.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:26 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Aside from the obvious reasons, I'm really hoping for a Flyers win so I can enjoy the other two games later on.
Watching PO games immediately after your team got eliminated sucks.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Oh boy,

The fight hit the mainboard series thread now. With no context whatsoever posted with the link.

Where? I didn't see it.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Can someone make a gif of the Giroux hit on Crosby last year and add the traditional Batman "POW"

Old
04-30-2014, 09:35 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Mason has certainly played well beyond my expectations, but let's be honest. If Mason was on the Rangers we'd be saying the same thing. I imagine they tend to look at him no differently than Leighton in 2010. In fact, I've seen those comparisons on twitter by someone who doesn't follow either team in this series.
The Leighton comparison is a ridiculous one. If they had said Biron of 2008, then yeah, I could get on board with that. Leighton was a sub-NHL goalie who got the ultimate fantasy camp for a cup run.

Old
04-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Curufinwe

Leighton never started 60 games in a season and put up .917. Biron is a much better comparison.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
The Leighton comparison is a ridiculous one. If they had said Biron of 2008, then yeah, I could get on board with that. Leighton was a sub-NHL goalie who got the ultimate fantasy camp for a cup run.
Mason has been a sub-par goalie his whole career until this year. * Some may think he has turned his career around which is possible, but others may be skeptical. If the Flyers were having trouble with Mason I'd be frustrated, too.

*Although yes, I recognize Mason has a lot more talent than Leighton.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 10:01 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Mason has been a sub-par goalie his whole career until this year. * Some may think he has turned his career around which is possible, but others may be skeptical. If the Flyers were having trouble with Mason I'd be frustrated, too.

Mason at least was awesome his rookie year and won the Calder trophy. There was definitely signs of talent there

Old
04-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Mason has been a sub-par goalie his whole career until this year.
Untrue. He was great in his rookie season which constitutes 20% of his whole career.

A lot of goalies would have struggled if they were the starter on a terrible Columbus team when they were in their early 20s.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2014, 10:09 AM
flyershockey

Quote:

Mason was very good for one year, then struggled behind a crappy Columbus team and was eventually given a back up role. He left and is now a starter again after rejuvenating his career in Philadelphia. That sounds a whole lot like Biron in Buffalo before coming to Philly.

Leighton was never a legitimate starting option for any club in the NHL before becoming the starting goalie for the Flyers' cup run in 2010. How exactly are they similar?