HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #7 |Flyers at Rangers | Wed., Apr. 30, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2014, 09:59 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I just don't think Mason was ready for Game 3 but when the outcome was ready and we all knew he was feeling better, Berube wanted him to see a little ice time. Maybe not though, really only the coaches know and it's pointless for others to say otherwise. Berube has done a good job this year and anyone saying other wise is wrong. He is a rookie mistake and has made a few questionable calls but he is a huge part of the reason we are even here.

We have been resilient all year, except our fanbase. It's been extremely pessimistic and down right dumb around here lately with some of the statements being made. I don't understand how anyone can not see the new system and how the Flyers have been better defensively under Berube. That's all Berube, the players have to learn it. It's their job. Simmonds even in one of the shorts that they were doing this year said the team needed the change and Chief knows what he is doing.

Gill over Gus was because of how they play. They like the physical guy paired with the puck mover. You can disagree with that but they don't like it to be easy in front of our net. Would I have liked to see Gus in, of course I would have. We have to remember it's very easy to change up lineups on paper but it's a different ball game when we are talking in the game. Hartnell/Giroux/Voracek helped turn the year around when Giroux got going. They carried the Flyers offensively throughout the year, I can see why Berube didn't want to break them up hoping they could turn it around.

All in all, he has made some questionable calls but he is a first year coach. People saying if Gus played or other changes were made we aren't in a game 7 and won already, are just talking out there ass. There is no way to know that and you can't change it now.

Concentrate on the game in hand and not the past games. Berube is a fine coach so far and will only try to improve hopefully.
So, Holmgren never should have appointed him?

04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Hiesenberg

Coin flip....lets hope our team comes out on top.

Mason was unbelievable.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I just don't think Mason was ready for Game 3 but when the outcome was ready and we all knew he was feeling better, Berube wanted him to see a little ice time. Maybe not though, really only the coaches know and it's pointless for others to say otherwise. Berube has done a good job this year and anyone saying other wise is wrong. He is a rookie mistake and has made a few questionable calls but he is a huge part of the reason we are even here.

We have been resilient all year, except our fanbase. It's been extremely pessimistic and down right dumb around here lately with some of the statements being made. I don't understand how anyone can not see the new system and how the Flyers have been better defensively under Berube. That's all Berube, the players have to learn it. It's their job. Simmonds even in one of the shorts that they were doing this year said the team needed the change and Chief knows what he is doing.

Gill over Gus was because of how they play. They like the physical guy paired with the puck mover. You can disagree with that but they don't like it to be easy in front of our net. Would I have liked to see Gus in, of course I would have. We have to remember it's very easy to change up lineups on paper but it's a different ball game when we are talking in the game. Hartnell/Giroux/Voracek helped turn the year around when Giroux got going. They carried the Flyers offensively throughout the year, I can see why Berube didn't want to break them up hoping they could turn it around.

All in all, he has made some questionable calls but he is a first year coach. People saying if Gus played or other changes were made we aren't in a game 7 and won already, are just talking out there ass. There is no way to know that and you can't change it now.

Concentrate on the game in hand and not the past games. Berube is a fine coach so far and will only try to improve hopefully.
It came out in the days following that Mason was indeed ready and pain free from the day prior but Emery got the start because he "deserved" it.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:54 AM
flyaz4life

time to be the comeback kids and complete this comeback!

Old
04-30-2014, 11:04 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Coin flip....lets hope our team comes out on top.

Mason was unbelievable.
They will have to play practically a mistake free game

Old
04-30-2014, 11:14 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Thought I saw a stat that Mase is 4-0 on back to backs and Lundy is 1-3. Lets hope they continue the trend.

Please score first again boys !

Old
04-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Thought I saw a stat that Mase is 4-0 on back to backs and Lundy is 1-3. Lets hope they continue the trend.

Don't know about Henrik but:

Quote:
In Mason's career, which goes back to the 2008-09 season, he's started 32 sets of back-to-backs. In the second half of those games he's managed just an .890 save percentage. In all other starts throughout his career, his save percentage is .909 (which is still well below league average). That's a pretty significant drop.

As far as the individual games are concerned, there's been a mix of good starts and disastrous starts. Twelve times he's allowed two goals or fewer. Eleven times he's allowed four goals or more, and had one game where he allowed three goals on eight shots before he was pulled. That means that in a back-to-back start he's been just as likely to give up one or two goals as he's been to give up four or more. It's pretty much the definition of boom-or-bust situation and pretty much makes it a coin flip as to which one you're going to get in any one individual game.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
04-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Lundqvist's back to back's this year:

10/8 vs. San Jose: 4GA .846 in 29 minutes (L)
12/8 vs. Washington: 4GA .889 in 60 minutes (L)
3/2 vs. Boston: 6GA .818 in 60 minutes (L)
3/22 vs. New Jersey: 0GA 1.000 in 60 minutes (W)

Mason's back to back's this year:

12/12 vs. Montreal: 1GA .952 in 60 minutes (W)
3/2 vs. Washington: 4GA .862 in 60 minutes (W)
3/16 vs. Pittsburgh: 3GA .870 in 60 minutes (W)

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 04-30-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old
04-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I don't know why the Rangers, being the vastly superior team, allowed this series to go to 7 games. For their own amusement i guess?
Yeah it's kind of amazing the superiority Rags fans and some others feel to is. The Flyers had a leg up 2nd late into the season and slipped into 3rd towards the end. The Rangers didn't take 2nd by a lot and aren't all that much better then our team. Mason versus Lundqvist is a lot closer then people think generally, their offense is pretty bad and full of underperforming big names, and overall aren't that far off then the Flyers. Their D personnel is a lot better on the whole but other then that there's no huge edge for them. Were going to game seven despite our starter and MVP this series only playing half the games and our coach being an idiot with the lineup.

Really don't get the superiority they feel. Flyers aren't an elite team or Cup winner by any stretch but they're one of the best teams outside of that elite group.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I hate game 7s.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

Rangers are 5-0 in game sevens all-time on the other hand. You'll find discouraging facts either way but Mason has been amazing and Lundqvist has been underwhelming to adequate. That's all that matters right now as far as goaltending.

Unless they start Talbot, which I doubt.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:49 AM
BWAVgal
We want Provorov

Clean up the mistakes in the Flyers zone and drive to the net. Same effort as last night just a cleaner first period.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Rangers are 5-0 in game sevens all-time on the other hand. You'll find discouraging facts either way but Mason has been amazing and Lundqvist has been underwhelming to adequate. That's all that matters right now as far as goaltending.

Unless they start Talbot, which I doubt.
I don't know where that myth game from, i've seen it posted a few times. Maybe it means lately, but I know at least the Flyers have beaten them in a game 7 in 1974 on the way to their Cup.

Edit: At the Garden they're 5-0.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Rangers are 5-0 in game sevens all-time on the other hand.
I think that's at home.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I don't know where that myth game from, i've seen it posted a few times. Maybe it means lately, but I know at least the Flyers have beaten them in a game 7 in 1974 on the way to their Cup.
Honestly I've just seen it posted a lot so I just said it. Can't bother to fact check stuff like that when I do this all from my phone.

It's probably their last five game sevens then. Or some other caveat.

Edit: And the good gentleman above me cleared it up.

Old
04-30-2014, 11:56 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Honestly I've just seen it posted a lot so I just said it. Can't bother to fact check stuff like that when I do this all from my phone.

It's probably their last five game sevens then then. Or some other caveat.
Yep, I edited it. They're 5-0 at the Garden.

Old
04-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

That just means their due for a loss and the media is jinxing them by talking about their perfect record, kinda like talking about a shutout with a few minutes left in the game.

At least I hope so...

Old
04-30-2014, 12:22 PM
2ndGenIslander
Free Broadway Jay

you guys got this, get it done tonight!

Old
04-30-2014, 12:44 PM
UnicornsRock

Vinny is gonna get a hatty tonight

Old
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
SuchySays

This game reminds me of Game #82..

i don't think there is anyway this game does NOT end in a shootout.

Old
04-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Wrubez

Holy Waaaaaaarrrssssssaa

Old
04-30-2014, 12:58 PM
MadFerIt95*

The Flyers are 1-0 when they play a game 7 on the same night that another series is in its game 7 in which one of those teams came back from a 3-0 series lead and tied it up. History is in our favor tonight!!

Old
04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
This game reminds me of Game #82..

i don't think there is anyway this game does NOT end in a shootout.
Was at that game. The environment was insane.

Old
04-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
The Flyers are 1-0 when they play a game 7 on the same night that another series is in its game 7 in which one of those teams came back from a 3-0 series lead and tied it up. History is in our favor tonight!!
Did you come up with that or is Elias Sports Bureau just getting lazier?

Old
04-30-2014, 01:28 PM
MadFerIt95*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty but Good View Post
Did you come up with that or is Elias Sports Bureau just getting lazier?
I came up with it haha

That was one of my personal favorite nights of hockey I ever watched. First, Flyers pummeled the Sabres and then a game 7 OT between the Nucks and Hawks. Hope for something similar tonight....

Closed Thread