HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
For those going tonight - PLEASE BRING THE LOUD!!!

Ok, you didn't want to be going tonight, you wanted to be talking about the Rangers-Penguins series. I get it. But like it or not game seven is upon us, and since the team worked hard to get home ice advantage, it's up to those of you who are going to the game to BE that home ice advantage!

I always laugh when a team comes in and wins game one on the road, and the announcer says - now so-and-so took away home ice advantage. NOT! By far the biggest part of home ice advantage is having game seven in your building, in front of your fans. And that's where we are now.

By many accounts from many different fronts, MSG has so far been amongst the quietest buildings in the playoffs. For a person who as a little girl started going to games in the 80's when the crowd was absolutely deafening BEFORE the game even started - and then ramped it up during the game, this is disappointing.

This is not a thread for excuses or rationalizations, please save it for now. The TV networks do not pick up crowd noise well - 12 noon starts - prices are too high - other buildings are quiet too - I have a tickle in my throat - I DONT' WANT TO HEAR IT!

It's time for you to be the fifth line, the seventh defenseman, the backup goalie. Time to pay our team off for finishing ahead of the Flyers and earning this home game. Time to pick up a team that was disheartened last night, but starts this game 0-0, with everything to play for. Time to help our team ride the adrenaline of crowd noise the same way the orange crud did last night. Time to NOT boo the power play early if it doesn't click, but to stay behind your team to the bitter end.

If we lose we have a long summer to commiserate the what-if's and apply blame to our least favorite players. But we are not there yet! It's still all in front of us!

It is your turn to contribute!!! Do your part!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-30-2014, 10:26 AM
tbonenc*

This game tonight will be won by doing one thing........finishing.

It won't be because Hank let's in a questionable goal.
It won't be on our defense clearing the front.

We only win this game by finishing the multiple chance that we get against this garbage Flyer defense. They handed us the puck over and over last night and we could not convert. If we converted in the first period, that game goes in a completely different direction.

PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET!!!

Old
04-30-2014, 10:28 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
On paper, it is far from a mediocre team.

It's just performing like one right now.
Don't know what paper you are looking at.

Old
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Ok, you didn't want to be going tonight, you wanted to be talking about the Rangers-Penguins series. I get it. But like it or not game seven is upon us, and since the team worked hard to get home ice advantage, it's up to those of you who are going to the game to BE that home ice advantage!

I always laugh when a team comes in and wins game one on the road, and the announcer says - now so-and-so took away home ice advantage. NOT! By far the biggest part of home ice advantage is having game seven in your building, in front of your fans. And that's where we are now.

By many accounts from many different fronts, MSG has so far been amongst the quietest buildings in the playoffs. For a person who as a little girl started going to games in the 80's when the crowd was absolutely deafening BEFORE the game even started - and then ramped it up during the game, this is disappointing.

This is not a thread for excuses or rationalizations, please save it for now. The TV networks do not pick up crowd noise well - 12 noon starts - prices are too high - other buildings are quiet too - I have a tickle in my throat - I DONT' WANT TO HEAR IT!

It's time for you to be the fifth line, the seventh defenseman, the backup goalie. Time to pay our team off for finishing ahead of the Flyers and earning this home game. Time to pick up a team that was disheartened last night, but starts this game 0-0, with everything to play for. Time to help our team ride the adrenaline of crowd noise the same way the orange crud did last night. Time to NOT boo the power play early if it doesn't click, but to stay behind your team to the bitter end.

If we lose we have a long summer to commiserate the what-if's and apply blame to our least favorite players. But we are not there yet!

It is your turn to contribute!!! Do your part!!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm there EVERY SINGLE GAME... The place is a library... The days of loudness at MSG are over!! Lets just hope they win!!

Old
Kokoschka

I'm off studying for the next couple of hours. Hasta luego.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderalways View Post
i'm there every single game... The place is a library... The days of loudness at msg are over!! Lets just hope they win!!
until tonight!!!!!!

Old
04-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Not ready to shave this damn itching beard just yet..

Keep Simmonds away from Henke and we got a chance...

Old
04-30-2014, 10:30 AM
The Beezer

Truthfully, I was there for game 1 and the place was far from a library. I'm not saying it was the old Garden, but the place was rockin.

Old
aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
Classic Rangers. 3-0 shutout tonight, lose in 5 to Pittsburgh.

Old
Miller Time NYR

Im sure it's been discussed in here prior but I can't find it, has anyone come up with any real reason for us playing back to back games in the ****ing PLAYOFFS, I understand it happened last season with the shortened season and all and we weren't the only team but why in the world do the teams out west get two days rest and we get none, all the game 7's are on the same day, what's the rush here. Was the NHL planning on not having any series going to 7 games, because the second round starting tomorrow seems a little rushed.

Old
BarbaraAlphanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonenc View Post
This game tonight will be won by doing one thing........finishing.

It won't be because Hank let's in a questionable goal.
It won't be on our defense clearing the front.

We only win this game by finishing the multiple chance that we get against this garbage Flyer defense. They handed us the puck over and over last night and we could not convert. If we converted in the first period, that game goes in a completely different direction.

PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET!!!
It'll actually be a combination of all of those things...

Old
04-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
A lot of you told us that the PP problems were over with Torts out the door. Maybe not.
The PP looked better than it ever has under AV.

It also looked as bad at times (certainly lately) as it did under Torts.

Net gain? Minimal.

Old
Wolfy*

Several fights among orange and blueshirt fans reported last night, a Rangers fan ended up in hospital. Looks like we lost all the battles down there

As long as they sell alcohol this is bound to happen.

Old
BarbaraAlphanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I'm not sure about either of those things. Had a nightmare that we lost 3-2 in OT, in dramatic fashion.

That would be classic Rangers. Go up 2-0 and then lose 3-2 in OT.

And the Pitt series would also go the distance.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beezer View Post
Truthfully, I was there for game 1 and the place was far from a library. I'm not saying it was the old Garden, but the place was rockin.
Rockin?? Yeah in the 3rd when the pp clicked... Otherwise the crowd was TERRBILE!!! There was ONE let's go rangers chant until the 3rd per!! Come on...tell it like it is!

Old
04-30-2014, 10:33 AM
BarbaraAlphanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
The PP looked better than it ever has under AV.

It also looked as bad at times (certainly lately) as it did under Torts.

Net gain? Minimal.
The personnel isn't right. Richie doesn't have the point bomb we need. He can't carry the puck into the zone effectively yet he always has to carry the puck up. McDonagh and Girardi aren't good point shots either.

It's rare to have a truly dangerous point shot. Trading for Subban when he was holding out was our best shot. We elected not to.

Old
Ail
Now we wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
A lot of you told us that the PP problems were over with Torts out the door. Maybe not.
There were people who said that yes and for the most part I think they were. Right now in this series the problem is after the Flyers watched the game one tape they have effectively limited the kind of puck movement the Rangers were using to be successful. Where is the adjustment? Where is the less cute, more dirty approach? The Rangers PP has made the Flyers PK look unstoppable by making it easy on them. Once again there is a failure to adapt and that's a personnel problem on the ice and on the bench.

The PP cannot be a one trick pony in a 7 game series. It will be useless.

Old
Vidic15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Several fights among orange and blueshirt fans reported last night, a Rangers fan ended up in hospital. Looks like we lost all the battles down there

As long as they sell alcohol this is bound to happen.
Yes, because only drunk people fight.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Ail
Now we wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Nope they will give Pittsburgh hell.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
I'm not sure about either of those things. Had a nightmare that we lost 3-2 in OT, in dramatic fashion.

That would be classic Rangers. Go up 2-0 and then lose 3-2 in OT.

And the Pitt series would also go the distance.
Nah, Pitt is a better team than the Flyers, and the Rangers aren't going to knock Pitt off of their game enough like the Flyers would. After seeing how mentally weak the Rangers showed they are last night, I'm not sure a series with Pitt goes more than 5.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:37 AM
TheTakedown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
The refs in their infinite wisdom felt that Dorsett had all the time in the world to not fall over Mason the way he did, so they called him for interference.
actually, the call was "embellishment"

I'm not sure how he was able to embellish being a mere foot or two from mason.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:40 AM
tbonenc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
It'll actually be a combination of all of those things...
So, you are of the opinion that scoring 0 goals won't be the reason for our loss?

Well, I guess you can't argue with that.

Old
04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
KingP

Cant concentrate on anything today

Old
04-30-2014, 10:41 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
man, Bob Hoskins just passed away this morning, and we're forced into a game 7 situation that i can't watch because of work. this is shaping up to be an awful day.

just win. please. for Eddie Valiant.

NO!!

Old
04-30-2014, 10:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Cant believe this team finally has a decent PP and then goes 0-20 or whatever in the first round. This is exactly what prevented them from moving on last year and was the key difference going into this years playoff, with a deepr team to boot. So ******* frustrating.

They win tonight and everyone is excited and saying we can beat Pitt.

They lose tonight and people want heads to roll and changes to be made.

This is such a polarizing team. Nothing changes. This series should be over. I dont think any fair fan would honestly say that the Flyers have been the better team throughout the entire series. They just havent. But that doesnt mean **** apparently. I go down the line and i see the advantage going to the Rangers in almost all of the categories. But again, it means nothing unless the team/coach proves it.

So i am here, half passionate, half disenchanted, again. It's almost too difficult to watch tonight because ive shook my head enough in disgust, ive thrown too many water bottles at the wall. But I cant control anything. ITs just the way it is. Take solace in the fact that a great team in the Sharks coughed up a 3-0 lead to the Kings - albeit a very good team in their own right, but its a 3-0 lead with their own Game 7 to contend with.

I'm a fan and I love this team. And i hate the Flyers. So with that said:

Lets Go Rangers. Even if its not perfect. One game. In our barn. Beat these ****s. Knock them the **** out.

Closed Thread