HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MDSF #7 - 04/30/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBC SPORTS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2014, 01:23 PM
  #26
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 50
Play Carcillo tonight for god sake.

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:26 PM
  #27
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,645
vCash: 50
Another year, another ******* Game 7.

Just win. Don't care if Nash does nothing while Derek Dorsett puts up 4 goals. Don't care if we win 8-7. Don't care if its 1-0. Just win.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:27 PM
  #28
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!
 
ReggieDunlop68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Nash isn't scoring tonight. I'd bet my savings account on it.
We don't need Nash to score! We need Lundqvist to play better or AV need to give Talbot a serious look as a starter in tonight pivotal game 7.

The Rangers 3 losses in this series had the following scores:
Game 2 4-2 L (one empty net goal) (GA Crapqvist 3)
Game 4 2-1 L
Game 6 5-2 L (one empty net goal) (GA Crapqvist 4)

If we take the adjusted GA total into account and divide by the number of games, Crapqvist has a 3 GAA in our losses

Although Talbot hasn't played in an NHL playoffs, his regular season GAA was 1.64 in 21 games. I think his 2.68 GAA average in the AHL in 116 regular season games and his 2.17 GAA GAA in 10 playoff games are outliers.

Big names players need to shape up or ship out! If our boys scored the same number of goals in the three losses and Crapqvist only let in 1 in game 2, shutout game 4, and only let 1 in game 6, this series would have been over.

Talbot or any decent goaltender could of one those games for us without Nash being dominant. All they would need in those games was a 0.667 GAA, and we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Send that bum back to Sweden were he belongs so that I can shell out more than the average cost of a monthly mortgage in the second round! Bring on the Pens!

ReggieDunlop68 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
  #29
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop68 View Post
We don't need Nash to score! We need Lundqvist to play better or AV need to give Talbot a serious look as a starter in tonight pivotal game 7.

The Rangers 3 losses in this series had the following scores:
Game 2 4-2 L (one empty net goal) (GA Crapqvist 3)
Game 4 2-1 L
Game 6 5-2 L (one empty net goal) (GA Crapqvist 4)

If we take the adjusted GA total into account and divide by the number of games, Crapqvist has a 3 GAA in our losses

Although Talbot hasn't played in an NHL playoffs, his regular season GAA was 1.64 in 21 games. I think his 2.68 GAA average in the AHL in 116 regular season games and his 2.17 GAA GAA in 10 playoff games are outliers.

Big names players need to shape up or ship out! If our boys scored the same number of goals in the three losses and Crapqvist only let in 1 in game 2, shutout game 4, and only let 1 in game 6, this series would have been over.

Talbot or any decent goaltender could of one those games for us without Nash being dominant. All they would need in those games was a 0.667 GAA, and we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Send that bum back to Sweden were he belongs so that I can shell out more than the average cost of a monthly mortgage in the second round! Bring on the Pens!
And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. No way you start Talbot over Lundqvist in game 7.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
  #30
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Don't suck.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
  #31
Bullseyes
Registered User
 
Bullseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop68 View Post
We don't need Nash to score! We need Lundqvist to play better or AV need to give Talbot a serious look as a starter in tonight pivotal game 7.

The Rangers 3 losses in this series had the following scores:
Game 2 4-2 L (one empty net goal) (GA Crapqvist 3)
Game 4 2-1 L
Game 6 5-2 L (one empty net goal) (GA Crapqvist 4)

If we take the adjusted GA total into account and divide by the number of games, Crapqvist has a 3 GAA in our losses

Although Talbot hasn't played in an NHL playoffs, his regular season GAA was 1.64 in 21 games. I think his 2.68 GAA average in the AHL in 116 regular season games and his 2.17 GAA GAA in 10 playoff games are outliers.

Big names players need to shape up or ship out! If our boys scored the same number of goals in the three losses and Crapqvist only let in 1 in game 2, shutout game 4, and only let 1 in game 6, this series would have been over.

Talbot or any decent goaltender could of one those games for us without Nash being dominant. All they would need in those games was a 0.667 GAA, and we wouldn't even be discussing this.

Send that bum back to Sweden were he belongs so that I can shell out more than the average cost of a monthly mortgage in the second round! Bring on the Pens!
Are we really referring to Lundqvist as Crapqvist now?

Bullseyes is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:30 PM
  #32
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Hopefully we win this one. The one thing I can say is the team is healthy and we have some depth. We could really use Kreider right now. Maybe in the next series if we can get there.
Their best player is injured.

chosen is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:31 PM
  #33
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyes View Post
Are we really referring to Lundqvist as Crapqvist now?
I mean, if you take his 3 losses, and remove the stats from the one he played the best in, it paints a really clear picture of how he's played in the series. At least that's how I read the logic from the long anti-Lundqvist post.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:33 PM
  #34
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
Lets get Nashty tonight!

Giacomin is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:34 PM
  #35
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Who is in net tonight? Do we know or just assume?

94now is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:34 PM
  #36
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Nash isn't scoring tonight. I'd bet my savings account on it.
All 12 dollars?

chosen is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:35 PM
  #37
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
All 12 dollars?

Rangerfan4life90 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:35 PM
  #38
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Who is in net tonight? Do we know or just assume?
Prince Chad. We got rid of that Lundqvist bum when you anointed him as his successor, remember?

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:35 PM
  #39
Nickmo82
Registered User
 
Nickmo82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 938
vCash: 50
So it comes down to this. Take the series lead 3 times, piss it away 3 times. If they win, awesome. If they lose, then they only have themselves to blame.

Nickmo82 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:35 PM
  #40
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Rangers are 5-0 in Game 7s at MSG since 1975, including 3-0 in past two years

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:36 PM
  #41
bto131
Mcdonagh 4 Captain!
 
bto131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: florida
Country: United States
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
i like how people take his stats from his bad games and say hes awful... those games he had a team that couldnt score and had zero heart infront of him. the goalie can only do so much

bto131 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
  #42
joec72894
Registered User
 
joec72894's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: South Africa
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
LGR hank with the shutout!

joec72894 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
  #43
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,315
vCash: 500
Okay, listen up you little ****s.

I was just offered free tickets in a suite for tonight's game. I turned them down. You know why? Because the last two times the Flyers have won in the Garden, I was there. And I'm 0-3 taking in Rangers playoffs games in person.

You are ****ing welcome.

WE BETTER WIN NOW

silverfish is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
  #44
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Okay, listen up you little ****s.

I was just offered free tickets in a suite for tonight's game. I turned them down. You know why? Because the last two times the Flyers have won in the Garden, I was there. And I'm 0-3 taking in Rangers playoffs games in person.

You are ****ing welcome.

WE BETTER WIN NOW
I'll take em...

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
  #45
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
Lets go. Dont let us down. Dont lose to these scum

Win.


Last edited by NikC: 04-30-2014 at 01:51 PM.
NikC is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:43 PM
  #46
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Okay, listen up you little ****s.

I was just offered free tickets in a suite for tonight's game. I turned them down. You know why? Because the last two times the Flyers have won in the Garden, I was there. And I'm 0-3 taking in Rangers playoffs games in person.

You are ****ing welcome.

WE BETTER WIN NOW
Very shrewd.

chosen is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:44 PM
  #47
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bto131 View Post
i like how people take his stats from his bad games and say hes awful... those games he had a team that couldnt score and had zero heart infront of him. the goalie can only do so much
Seriously.

This team, in the playoffs, will live and die with it's ability to score goals. That's the way they're built. Nash, Step, Poo, Brass, Zucc need to score, or produce chances. MSL, Richards and Hagelin have done their fair share or more so far.

haveandare is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:44 PM
  #48
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,884
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Okay, listen up you little ****s.

I was just offered free tickets in a suite for tonight's game. I turned them down. You know why? Because the last two times the Flyers have won in the Garden, I was there. And I'm 0-3 taking in Rangers playoffs games in person.

You are ****ing welcome.

WE BETTER WIN NOW
I'd never let superstition get in the way of a good time... you're a better fan than I am.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:45 PM
  #49
DudMan28
Registered User
 
DudMan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Not sure how to feel about this. Does the quick turn around benefit the flyers who clearly built some momentum last night? Or is it good for the Rangers who are hungry to prove last night was a fluke.

1st goal will be crucial as always. Don't take bad penalties. Don't give Giroux chances to dive. Win the ****ing game. That is all.

DudMan28 is offline  
Old
04-30-2014, 01:45 PM
  #50
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Prince Chad. We got rid of that Lundqvist bum when you anointed him as his successor, remember?
Oh, cut it out... This is not the time. Hank is not a bum, but he ain't savor either.

94now is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.