HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MDSF #7 - 04/30/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBC SPORTS

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Nash's legacy/reputation on the line tonight.

If he doesn't score tonight, and the Rangers get eliminated, he will never be able to shake the playoff choker label for the remainder of his career.

Needs to score. Tired of waiting for him to produce as much as guys like Boyle, Moore, Carcillo, etc. Even Asham outscored him last season.

SCORE A ****ING GOAL.

KEYS TO GAME:

Special teams. Need to stay out of the box. Need to score on a PP.

McDonagh/Girardi need to rebound. McDonagh has been atrocious this series.

Henrik needs to make the big saves.

Nash needs to SCORE.

Old
Carl Swaglin

nash hatty

lundqvist shutout

**** the haters

Old
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Question:

WHY IS DORSETT IN FOR CARCILLO? WHY??

Old
04-30-2014, 04:26 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Bold prediction: Nash doesn't score.

04-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Question:

Because he's better than carcillo?

Old
04-30-2014, 04:28 PM
PurpleHayes
Hail the Motherland!

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
That is false

Old
04-30-2014, 04:28 PM
TheTakedown764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ha. So, heres the cynic in me, but I wouldn't put it past Dolan to mandate the team to stretch series so he can collect on the gate.
I had a feeling of this as well... wonder if these guys were promised side cash for an extra home game :p

Old
04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Losing tonight would be a huge choke job.
Losing in 7 to a team you had 2 more points than isn't a choke job.

I don't know why our fans have such inflated ego's that they were expecting to run over a team, like us, who played their best hockey in the second half.

This series was a coin flip from Game 1.

Old
04-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Question:

Dorsett and Carcillo should both play. Sit whoever is playing with Richie and Hagelin tonight (Miller/Fast)

Old
04-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
That is false
That is false.

Old
04-30-2014, 04:35 PM
EuroFlair
All series baby!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
That's up for debate. If you would have ask me that a year ago, I would have answer arrogant that Carcillo is just useless piece of **** and oh was I pissed when we traded for him, since his time as a Flyer there was few if any player I disliked in this league as much as Dan. But since coming here he has been nothing but useful, doesn't take many stupid penalties something that Dorsett have a tenancy to do but still manage to be a guy the opposition just can't stand. Would also say he's better with the puck and away from it. Dorsett got hands of stone.

Old
04-30-2014, 04:39 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Nash's legacy/reputation on the line tonight.

If he doesn't score tonight, and the Rangers get eliminated, he will never be able to shake the playoff choker label for the remainder of his career.

Needs to score. Tired of waiting for him to produce as much as guys like Boyle, Moore, Carcillo, etc. Even Asham outscored him last season.

SCORE A ****ING GOAL.

KEYS TO GAME:

Special teams. Need to stay out of the box. Need to score on a PP.

McDonagh/Girardi need to rebound. McDonagh has been atrocious this series.

Henrik needs to make the big saves.

Nash needs to SCORE.

In defense of Macdonough he is clearly playing at 50%. I mean he is playing with one arm and nearly broke his wrist a few games ago. Now Girardi on the other hand was terrible last night. His 2 stupid turnovers led to goals last night

Old
04-30-2014, 04:40 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

Calm down folks...your running around like chickens with your heads cut off....hahahahaha...I still Love ya nervousness.... shows ya care... Listen were at home with the best goalie in the world... Everyone will show up tonight...Have no Fear... so try to relax after youve bitten off all your nails...and lets do this...the boys are ready....LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Dorsett >> Carcillo >>> Miller

Old
04-30-2014, 04:43 PM
FLNYR
Wide Angle Watcher

vCash: 1745
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That is false.
You're gonna get cut

Old
04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
In defense of Macdonough he is clearly playing at 50%. I mean he is playing with one arm and nearly broke his wrist a few games ago. Now Girardi on the other hand was terrible last night. His 2 stupid turnovers led to goals last night
Don't care. A lot of players are toughing it out in the post season. To me that's an excuse. If you're elite (which I don't believe McDonagh is, YET) like many of our fans believe him to be, you need to be at least making smarter decisions with the puck. A handful, literally a handful of goals, this series, can be directly attributed to McDonagh gaffes. That's unacceptable. And if he is just playing at 50% and can't be an impact player, AV needs to sit him (in contrast, he is giving him 25 minutes a night to look brutal out there).

He is making dumb hockey plays, and has been our worst defense man in this series. By a mile.

It's the playoffs. Players play hurt. I'm not looking for him to be a game breaker if he isn't 100%. I do expect him to be smarter with the puck though. He's been about as dumb as Hagelin out there (okay, now I know I'm being hard on him).

Old
04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Not feeling great about this one. Usually I'm optimistic but I have a bad feeling. Please Rangers prove me wrong.

Old
04-30-2014, 04:47 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That is false.
Why is that?

Carcillo brings an element we desperately need: SNARL

Dorsett is just like....kinda pointless. He's a pseudo pest.

Old
04-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Don't care. A lot of players are toughing it out in the post season. To me that's an excuse. If you're elite (which I don't believe McDonagh is, YET) like many of our fans believe him to be, you need to be at least making smarter decisions with the puck. A handful, literally a handful of goals, this series, can be directly attributed to McDonagh gaffes. That's unacceptable. And if he is just playing at 50% and can't be an impact player, AV needs to sit him (in contrast, he is giving him 25 minutes a night to look brutal out there).

He is making dumb hockey plays, and has been our worst defense man in this series. By a mile.

It's the playoffs. Players play hurt. I'm not looking for him to be a game breaker if he isn't 100%. I do expect him to be smarter with the puck though. He's been about as dumb as Hagelin out there (okay, now I know I'm being hard on him).
Lol, any elite player would look bad if they suffered the same injury McD did.

The only thing you can really say is that he shouldn't be out there if that is the case.

Old
04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
KingP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
Calm down folks...your running around like chickens with your heads cut off....hahahahaha...I still Love ya nervousness.... shows ya care... Listen were at home with the best goalie in the world... Everyone will show up tonight...Have no Fear... so try to relax after youve bitten off all your nails...and lets do this...the boys are ready....LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Already started on the toenails

Old
04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:

RELAX. Im not making excuses for him because i agree he has been terrible BUT at teh same time we know when Macdonough is close to 100% he is a beast. Its easy to say "forget the pain" but if you are playing 25 minutes with basically 1 arm and teh flyers are targeting you every shift it does effect your play

Old
04-30-2014, 04:51 PM
NYRANGERAMI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingP View Post
Already started on the toenails

..... Be calm my friend... the boys arent gonna disappoint us... LGR!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-30-2014, 04:53 PM
PurpleHayes
Hail the Motherland!

vCash: 925
If Nash doesn't score tonight and we lose he HAS to be traded..he's been a total waste for us

Old
04-30-2014, 04:53 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone stole hank View Post
If Nash doesn't score tonight and we lose he HAS to be traded..he's been a total waste for us

Doesnt he have a no trade clause?

Old
04-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Captain Monglobster

Carcillo is a better player than Dorsett. The only thing Dorsett is better at is skating and losing fights. I posted this in the pre-game talk.

The Rangers need what Carcillo brings to the table, and I don't know why Miller is in there contributing nothing, while Carcillo made quite obvious contributions in his limited minutes.

This game will be won/lost behind the goal line and in front of the crease. The Rangers need to get some dirty goals and crash the net, which means only the Zuccarello line has a chance of scoring tonight.

Closed Thread