HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Paul Stastny's Future

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2014, 02:44 PM
AvsGuy
Flagrant Violater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Well, given the series the Avs and Wild just played, I doubt he wants to sign there. Also, knowing that Matt Cooke is on the team, I think that would come into effect. It's very rare you'll find a key player jump ship to a team he just lost to in a 7 game playoff series a couple months ago, save for Marian Hossa

that warmed my heart

Seriously though, I am going to **** a brick if Paul Stastny signs somewhere for more than $7 million a year. While he plays good defense and has somewhat of a leadership role with this team, people are forgetting that, offensively, he was a promising rookie nearly 10 years ago who since chugged out 50-60 points a season on a long term $6.6 million dollar contract when a lot of us were expecting 80-90. This situation has Scott Gomez written all over it - I like Paul Stastny, but he's no spring chicken.

Last edited by AvsGuy: 06-25-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old
06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Superlative Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapedGoat View Post
It's crazy to think that a pending UFA would be interested in playing with his two brothers and therefore is not worth ROR? I guess you'll have to call me crazy as well as most of the other unbiased people here.

Also, do I really need to list the teams in which Staal wouldn't be a number 1?
No, list the teams he would be a #1 on to save time.

Old
06-25-2014, 02:59 PM
AvsGuy
Flagrant Violater

I guess my bottom line is, he had a solid enough offensive season this year, and he was 5th in team scoring. Sorry, Paul, but you don't get to be 1st in team money.

Old
06-25-2014, 03:02 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
I guess my bottom line is, he had a solid enough offensive season this year, and he was 5th in team scoring. Sorry, Paul, but you don't get to be 1st in team money.
agree completely.

he ain't coming back to the avs.. he is about to make a truck load of cash.

Old
06-25-2014, 03:10 PM
AvsGuy
Flagrant Violater

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be in the best interests of both parties just to **** out a quick cash-in contract and go full banana. "Here's $25 million bucks for 3 years Paul, we've given you the cast, go win a ****ING Cup so we don't all look like morons."

Old
06-25-2014, 03:12 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Given that nothing has occurred in the last few days, I think I'll revise my predictions:
  1. Ducks: 7 years: 7.25 AAV
  2. Avs: 4 years; 7.25 AAV
  3. Blues: 7 years; 7.5 AAV
  4. Avs: 8 years; 6.75 AAV
  5. Stars: 7 years; 7.75 AAV
  6. Kings: 7 years; 7.0 AAV
  7. Rangers: 7 years; 7.25 AAV
  8. Devils: 7 years; 8.0 AAV
  9. Leafs: 7 years; 8.25 AAV
  10. Hawks: 1 year; 4.0 AAV

Tomorrow will be a very telling day. It is probably the day where a lot of FAs listen to competing offers, and decide to whether stick with the current team or not. So a lot of big name FAs, if they decide to stay, should sign tomorrow afternoon or evening. After tomorrow, the probability of him staying will be diminished quite a bit.
I think a lot of ppl are beginning to wake up to the coffee now, seeing what Nikitin and Callahan got. This year's FA ranges will absolutely destroy last years. Not only is the cap considerably higher, there are also more teams that have used their compliance buyouts, and have the room to make a pitch. The top end quality of players is also improved from a year ago.
  1. Ducks: 7 years: 7.375 AAV
  2. Avs: 4 years; 7.375 AAV
  3. Blues: 7 years; 7.625 AAV
  4. Avs: 8 years; 6.875 AAV
  5. Stars: 7 years; 7.875 AAV
  6. Kings: 7 years; 7.25 AAV
  7. Rangers: 7 years; 7.5 AAV
  8. Devils: 7 years; 8.25 AAV
  9. Predators: 7 years; 7.875 AAV
  10. Leafs: 7 years; 8.5 AAV
  11. Hawks: 1 year; 4.0 AAV

Today is probably the day to tell whether Staz is likely to sign in Col or not. Many UFAs will have had a first chance to look at the offers on the table since midnight last night. If they don't see anything that they would eschew current team for, then I expect them to resign this afternoon or tonight. Past that, they are likely looking elsewhere, and try to play teams in a bidding war.

If Avs are to sign him, I expect it to be very likely be in the next several hours. If that doesn't happen, he's highly likely looking to greener pastures.

Old
06-25-2014, 03:19 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Use the other Stastny thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1695599

Closed Thread