HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Det-???

Old
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
Det-???

Adam Almquist
http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/adam-almquist/

Landon Ferraro
http://www.redwingscentral.com/prosp...andon-ferraro/

Joakim Andersson
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6420

These 3 players might not fit into Detroit's plans for the future.

Truth be told, Detroit has so much depth that these players might be phased out.

Ferraro is a fast winger with PK'ing ability, decent size and gritty. He's also got pretty good hands. Righty to boot.

Almquist put up great numbers in the AHL this year, great IQ. Little undersized, but still puts up points. Kinda like Enstrom.

Andersson is a large center, who's good all around. 2 more years around 750k.

---

Anyone willing to give up a 2nd(14-15-16) for all three?

05-03-2014, 05:57 PM
ElectricSky*

Does Almquist play a similar style to Chad Billins? (Signed with the Flames, played with in the Red Wings organization in 2012/2013. Both are under 6 feet/180 pounds and have put up good AHL numbers.

As a Flames fan I don't really have much interest in Andersen and we have some similar prospects to Ferraro.

ElectricSky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
SimplySolace

Kindl too.

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Andersson has value, depending on the team I think he could fetch a third rounder, even a second. Bottom six center that skate well, PK and brings physicality. Nothing special offensively, but he was outplayed by Glendening and there doesn't seem to be a future in Detroit for him.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:38 PM
SimplySolace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine Wings View Post
Andersson has value, depending on the team I think he could fetch a third rounder, even a second. Bottom six center that skate well, PK and brings physicality. Nothing special offensively, but he was outplayed by Glendening and there doesn't seem to be a future in Detroit for him.
Physical is the last thing Andersson is

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:41 PM
we like our team
#1 brett lebda fan

andersson has zero value

we like our team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:43 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSky View Post
Does Almquist play a similar style to Chad Billins? (Signed with the Flames, played with in the Red Wings organization in 2012/2013. Both are under 6 feet/180 pounds and have put up good AHL numbers.

As a Flames fan I don't really have much interest in Andersen and we have some similar prospects to Ferraro.
Almqvist is likely the best passing D-man in the entire organization, at least very close to Kronwall. He has an NHL caliber shot, not the pea shooter Billins has and is a very good PP QB in terms of walking the line, weighting passes and creeping down to collapse the box. That is the parts you like, he has pretty elite hockey IQ.

Almqvist's problem is he struggles to put on any weight, we have been trying to pack it on for several years. He also could use a full step to step in a half pickup in his skating. You worry about how he will handle NHL forechecks even if he is an amazing passer and rarely panics, they still are going to pound him. The fact he has got hurt in both AHL playoffs and while I don't like either of the hits points to when the pace ramps up he is struggling to protect himself. He isn't just short, slight and a little slow, he also uses one of the smallest sticks I have ever seen so he has no reach.

Good positioning, a wonderful feel for the game and incredible vision and stretch passing. Will he be athletic enough to make it? I just don't know and the incredible talent around him hunting him in the system is hurting his case in Detroit. He could be a wonderful fit for the right team and they could find the ideal partner for him, for instance a guy like Dylan McIlrath would be perfect, they could form a dominant third pairing in the league, but he is going to have to find a compliment and a team willing to let him run the show on the PP.

He is a much better player for me than Billins is. I like Chad Billins but he was let go from the Wings system, they were not interested in offering a contract for a local guy. Almqvist has a lot of talent the question is whether he just becomes a monster scorer in Europe or carves something out in the NHL. It won't be because he lacks hockey IQ or skill if he doesn't make it. Absolutely worth a waiver claim if he winds up there for a team like Calgary or Edmonton.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
Physical is the last thing Andersson is
I actually think he wants to be, he was more physical at the AHL level because they were slower.

The reason a couple of these guys are listed here has to do with the team speed the Red Wings are trending towards in my opinion. The Wings should be top 5 in team speed within the next three to five years in terms of the league. The guys that don't fit in seem to be getting shipped or running out of opportunities.

Andersson is defensively responsible and pretty good on draws, his skating leaves too much to be desired for me. But he is a player coaches can trust and he has some pretty solid leadership qualities and gives maximum effort when in the lineup. He will probably get dumped for something, nothing that will excite but he probably has enough value to NHL scouts to yield a mid-rounder.

Old
05-03-2014, 09:11 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine Wings View Post
What? Andy is NOT physical and does NOT skate well. He's position ally sound, a good face off guy and can elevate his game when playing with better players. He's an NHLer for sure, but nothing special.

I don't think he's worth more than a 4th or 5th.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:48 PM
iFishyHD
#KesselWatch DONE

vCash: 595
Based on the description, the Pens should be in on Ferraro.

iFishyHD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Ferraro is a fast winger with PK'ing ability, decent size and gritty. He's also got pretty good hands. Righty to boot.
Ferraro is 6'0", 175lbs, which makes him below average for the NHL. His hands are decent but not good. He played poorly during his short period in the big league this season, and his numbers in the AHL are worse than they were last season. It's entirely possible that he'd clear waivers next season.

Quote:
Andersson is not good all-around. He's slightly above average at defense, well below average at offense, average at face-offs, not particularly physical or good at blocking shots, and, worst of all, is a poor skater. It's important for defense-focused centers that they be fast, and he is not. This is the reason he found himself out of a starting job with the Wings by season's end.

He's a decent player, but he's the definition of nothing special, and his slowness can make him a liability.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:08 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFishyHD View Post
Based on the description, the Pens should be in on Ferraro.
His size is 6' and 179 lbs so not sure that was accurate. He actually gained a bunch of weight before his first season in GR and blamed that weight for a lack of explosion and trimmed back down. He is gritty though despite the lack of weight because his speed and understanding of leverage leads to some massive hits. He had a terrible year in terms of puck luck. He does have center versatility as well, has played all three forward spots in GR.

We will see, I keep thinking he will beat Mitch Callahan, his lack of being on this list is interesting, not that I expect any fans to really jump at these players. who has had a massive year in GR for a heads up spot because most of his qualities will translate to the NHL. Right now I don't think he has any value in terms of trading, he either needs to blow up from here on out in the Calder Cup Playoffs or teams will wait to scout him in next years pre-season. This summer will be big for him, I think he played better than his numbers showed for a lot of the year, but was not the next step we had hoped for as Detroit fans.

Old
05-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Riptide

I could see the Pens being interested in the forwards.

05-04-2014, 03:27 AM
Heraldic

vCash: 50
I think you could just pick them from the waivers at the start of the next season. They all have lost their waiver exemption.

And that's the reason why they contain minimal value. How many not waiver free player, who haven't established themselves in NHL, has gotten anything more than late round picks? Andersson is the most proven one, but he's still a tweener.

Heraldic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 05:20 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Ferraro is 6'0", 175lbs, which makes him below average for the NHL. His hands are decent but not good. He played poorly during his short period in the big league this season, and his numbers in the AHL are worse than they were last season. It's entirely possible that he'd clear waivers next season.

Andersson is not good all-around. He's slightly above average at defense, well below average at offense, average at face-offs, not particularly physical or good at blocking shots, and, worst of all, is a poor skater. It's important for defense-focused centers that they be fast, and he is not. This is the reason he found himself out of a starting job with the Wings by season's end.

He's a decent player, but he's the definition of nothing special, and his slowness can make him a liability.
You are a very poor salesmans!

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:36 AM
NickLidstrom
Ottawa & Detroit fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Adam Almquist
http://www.redwingscentral.com/prospects/adam-almquist/

Landon Ferraro
http://www.redwingscentral.com/prosp...andon-ferraro/

Joakim Andersson
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6420

These 3 players might not fit into Detroit's plans for the future.

Truth be told, Detroit has so much depth that these players might be phased out.

Almquist put up great numbers in the AHL this year, great IQ. Little undersized, but still puts up points. Kinda like Enstrom.

---

Anyone willing to give up a 2nd(14-15-16) for all three?
Andersson is worthless, Ferraro is worth around a 5th, Almquist maybe a 3rd.