HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

BUF-VAN-WIN: Three Way Thing.

Old
05-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Buffalo would win this trade hands down.

If Burmi is coming back to the NHL then I think the Jets would be better to keep him. He's a better fit and higher value than Hansen.

If he's not coming back to the NHL then he's of no value to any team.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 01:29 PM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
No from Buffalo. Burmi is a solid player, but he might never come back to NA, so his value is negligible. Booth is awful and likely has negative to no value. Schroeder is just spare parts.
whereas Stafford and his 30 pts for $4M til he splits for UFA next year is just gold!

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 01:44 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
whereas Stafford and his 30 pts for $4M til he splits for UFA next year is just gold!
Mock Stafford all you want. He's a better player than Booth at both ends of the ice and far more durable. The rights to a KHL player who may or may not ever play in NA again and the rights to a career AHLer don't make up the difference.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 02:20 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Mock Stafford all you want. He's a better player than Booth at both ends of the ice and far more durable. The rights to a KHL player who may or may not ever play in NA again and the rights to a career AHLer don't make up the difference.
stafford is better.
but not Schroeder PLUS Hansen better.
of course you don't get both guys in this 3-way proposal, so you're getting less than we're giving.

Schroeder's not done much yet, but he was a highly touted 1st rounder who is still only 23 ...

Old
05-02-2014, 03:26 PM
lifeisruff

Stafford for three parts (even if they are largely damaged goods) yes please.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 03:38 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
He had 34 in 70 last year which is 40 over a full season. The Sabres were the worst offensive team in recent history so Staff wasn't that bad. He also averages 22 goals per 82 games and has 2 20+ goal and 1 30+ goal season under his belt, along with 2 50 point seasons. He also is a good PKer and has size and grit. Hansen has never hit 40 points in a season or ever score more then 16 goals and has broken 12 goals or 30 points one time. They are also only 1 year difference in age. I'd gladly keep Stafford. He's a legit #2 RW and is a 2 way player with size. Staff has never scored less then 14 goals over a full season and as a rookie put up 13-14-27 in only 41 games as a rookie. He had a bad year in the lockout shortened season but like I said, he's a proven 20+ goal scorer and is a legit 2nd liner.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 03:50 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
stafford is better.
but not Schroeder PLUS Hansen better.
of course you don't get both guys in this 3-way proposal, so you're getting less than we're giving.

Schroeder's not done much yet, but he was a highly touted 1st rounder who is still only 23 ...
Sorry, but a forward at 23 who hasn't broken into the league yet probably isn't going to, especially at his size. I'd swap Luke Adam for Schroeder, in a project for project/AHL trade, but that's about it. I wouldn't peg him as having any meaningful value in an NHL trade.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 03:52 PM
ohnoeszz

I would much rather have Hansen than Stafford.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 03:59 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
I would much rather have Hansen than Stafford.
me too, but admittedly largely b/c of cost

cant afford to take on another $4M guy that isn't a lock on value ....we've compiled too many of those

but, it's only one for year .... which is really all the more reason to keep Hansen (& Schroeder)

Old
05-02-2014, 04:22 PM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaji View Post
This can't be right. You are proposing we trade Hansen for a pending UFA in Stafford, who might not be even in that high demand so we might be able to just sign him after July 1st.

Understand about getting rid of David Booths contract but you are giving away one of the top 3rd liners in the league for a UFA.

Horrible deal for the Canucks. I would rather buy out/trade Booth for peanuts, trade Hansen for good prospects/picks and sign Stafford if he becomes available.

FYI Stafford is probably as streaky in scoring as Hansen and doesn't bring the same defensive game.
Stafford is a UFA, NEXT offseason, not this one.

He will most likely be one of the top targeted trade deadline players next season and may get a decent package for him, so I'd rather wait.

IMO, I think the only piece I would want in the trade is Burmistrov. None of the players coming to Buffalo really bring the type of game Murray is looking for in players though so it most likely wouldn't happen.

It's a no for me.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
King Woodballs

vCash: 375
Done and done
Pass me the pen, where do I sign.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Dr Awesome
Yak in the city

vCash: 400
Quote:
Sorry, but a forward at 23 who hasn't broken into the league yet probably isn't going to, especially at his size. I'd swap Luke Adam for Schroeder, in a project for project/AHL trade, but that's about it. I wouldn't peg him as having any meaningful value in an NHL trade.
Thats actually not a bad idea for project trade.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 370
Last year I would have traded Stafford for a 2nd. This year, he may have been one of our top 2 forwards. I am so on the fence with him. I am actually considering signing Stafford to a multi-year deal. Who would have thought it.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 06:08 PM
K2B
dim jim

No thanks.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Shareefruck

Stafford is not a guy you give up assets for, especially for a team like Vancouver who likely won't be making a very convincing push next year-- and Hansen is a pretty nice asset that I actually like having on the team.

Just the Hansen for Stafford swap makes no sense from a Vancouver perspective, and for some reason we're adding to it (albeit guys we don't want anyways).

Hansen is only being mentioned in proposals because he's a little redundant (magnified by the fact that he didn't have the greatest year due to injuries) and would be the right guy to move if we're trying to improve our youth. A retooling team is not trading him for some crappy rental.

Out of all the guys who had bad years last season in Vancouver (everyone), Hansen is actually the one guy I'd expect to bounce back and continue improving like he was before the injury. He was on a 45+ point pace two seasons ago while being among our best defensive players.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 05-02-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:08 PM
is the answer jesus

Unless Buffalo is allowed to communicate with Burmistrov ahead of time to ensure he'll come back to the nhl i'd easily pass. Schroeder looks like a bust ala Luke Adam (have no interest in small skilled guys that are top 6 or bust), Booth while actually a pretty decent reclamation project doesn't hold much value. Stafford isn't an asset a rebuilding Canucks team would be looking to acquire. I will say Stafford is being underrated in this thread. Based on sheer talent and ability i'll take drew Stafford 10 times out of 10 over Hansen. Canucks fans can tell me what a great 3rd liner Hansen is and how he was on pace for 45 points in half a season and that's valuable and all, but i'll take the guy who's been the better scorer over his career (and is no slouch defensively either). If Stafford is moved it'll be for some actual useful assets and not a grab bag of garbage including a players rights who will likely never play again in the nhl.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Meeqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
To Buffalo:
-Rights to Alex Burmistrov.
-David Booth.
-Rights to Jordan Schroeder.

To Winnipeg:
-Jannik Hansen.

To Vancouver:
-Drew Stafford.

The Sabres: move out an impending UFA for a grab bag of items. Receive a disgruntled prospect (Burmistrov) with NHL experience and a lot of upside, who clearly wants more ice time...something Buffalo can offer him with their lack of depth up front.

Also acquire a temporary roster-filler in Booth who has size, some speed, and can fill most of the role of a Drew Stafford in providing a bit of veteran insulation for the various prospects in the lineup. Terrible contract, but it helps Sabres reach the cap floor next year and is finished after that, so they're not tied down to anything.

Also acquire the rights to Jordan Schroeder who has shown that he can at least play a depth role in the NHL in extremely unremarkable fashion...but has definite upside if he ever manages to grasp his offensive potential at the NHL level.

The Canucks: add a RW who can put up ~50pts in the right sheltered role, with quality linemates. Offers another RHS option for the Canucks PP, and a potential option to play with the Sedins now and then. As an impending UFA, probably not sticking around in Buffalo anyway.

The Jets: add a gritty 2-way winger with decent offensive upside and even strength production, signed to a very reasonable deal with term, and who may actually be one of the few people in the NHL who wouldn't mind moving back to Winnipeg (due to his positive experience there in the minors and his wife being a Winnipeg native). For the rights to a disgruntled prospect, who has already bolted to the KHL once...and who knows if he really has much interest in returning to the same franchise he left, despite the coaching change. There may be too much bad blood there.

Thoughts? Tweaks?
3 ways trades are fun! Its a game of find which team is getting screwed. Hey look, its Van in this one!

WPG gets Hansen for a player that will never come back to USA, count them in lol.

So bad

Meeqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:21 PM
mstad101

To Jets Hansen
To Canucks Burmi's rights and 2nd round pick

Hansen signed asset proven 3rd line RW
Burmi unsigned asset could be brought over plus mid 2nd is decent value

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
To Jets Hansen

If Burmi came back that would be robbery.
More reasonable would be Hansen to Jets for Burmi's rights & a conditional 2nd. If Burmistov signs with Vancouver or those rights are traded a 2nd from the Canucks goes to Winnipeg.
If Vancouver uses the rights for a good prospect they are ahead. If used as part of a package the same. Both cases hinge on their GM (or acting GM) to make a good trade but the onus would be on them to act as if it is their 2nd rounder up for grabs (it would be).

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:09 AM
JCLiponfanboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
To Jets Hansen

I wouldn't give up Burmi alone for Hansen, Let alone a 2nd that we don't have this year. Hansen is a solid player don't get me wrong but we can't be dealing a guy in Burmistrov who is most likely to come back next year now that Noel is gone, and who fills a bigger need in 3C for a 3W

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 02:23 AM
VegasSabreFan

In his last contract year Stafford scored 30 goals in 60 games, I'd rather give him a chance to rebuild his value then trade him for pennies on the dollar.

I've said this in other threads before, Booth has negative value and I want no part of him. Schroeder is a decent prospect, but not good enough to offset both Booth and Stafford. Buffalo is better off simply moving Stafford for a pick at the deadline when/if it comes to it.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 09:27 AM
biturbo19

So essentially, there seems to be zero consensus on this. Opinions ranging from any one of the 3 teams getting screwed, to any one of the 3 teams getting away with robbery.

Interesting.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
koth

If Chevy can't get a deal done with Burmistrov, I would do this. It adds a lot of foundation to our 3rd line. Burmistrov has a lot more potential than Hansen, but Burmi also has a lot more baggage (re: booking it to the KHL, under-performing offensively thus far in the NHL).

koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
I would rather keep Hansen, who is better than Stafford, or just cut Buffalo from the deal entirely and trade for Burmistrov ourselves. We could offer him second line minutes by pushing Kesler to the wing.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Koonta
The Boss Wears White

Just have to point out as I've seen it far too often the abbreviation for Winnipeg is WPG not WIN, although if it was WIN we might have more success

Koonta is offline   Reply With Quote