HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bos & van trade - loui eriksson for nicklas jensen + 2nd round pick

Old
05-08-2014, 12:51 AM
iloveloov

vCash: 500
Bos & van trade - loui eriksson for nicklas jensen + 2nd round pick

Boston gets a young skilled roster player, high 2nd round draft pick, and frees up cap space.

Vancouver gets a top 6 forward in his prime who can help the sedins get back on track.

Would fans of either team do this?

iloveloov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 12:53 AM
geebaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deeps View Post
Boston gets a young skilled roster player, high 2nd round draft pick, and frees up cap space.

Vancouver gets a top 6 forward in his prime who can help the sedins get back on track.

Would fans of either team do this?
change the 2nd to a 3rd and yes. Loui was never better than with the Sedins at the Olympics, IMO, so really it could be a good move for us. Plus he isn't that old, and quite honestly, even though hes shown flashes, we have no idea what Jensen is, so yes for me....

geebaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 12:57 AM
rypper
#justwillielogic

vCash: 50
I'm leery of Eriksson's concussion history. Are we getting Loui Eriksson or we getting David Booth 2.0? Plus giving up a prospect and a pick is kind of counterproductive to a team trying to get younger isn't it?

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 12:59 AM
K2B
dim jim

Deal, deal, deal.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Good value, but this is counterproductive for a team trying to get younger.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:16 AM
iloveloov

Vancouver 'wanting to get younger' is a misconception. Every team will say that but they would all rather get better first. Giving up Jensen and a 2nd is hardly selling the future.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:26 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Deeps View Post
Vancouver 'wanting to get younger' is a misconception. Every team will say that but they would all rather get better first. Giving up Jensen and a 2nd is hardly selling the future.
That is exactly what it is. Of course, Boston would expect at least that in return, but seriously. Jensen is a very raw young winger with size and a great release, and the second round is high enough in the rotation to pick up a guy who could be a player.

It's a perfect example of the kind of trade the Canucks shouldn't be doing.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:32 AM
LiquidSnake*

Boston wouldn't do this

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:51 AM
iloveloov

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
That is exactly what it is. Of course, Boston would expect at least that in return, but seriously. Jensen is a very raw young winger with size and a great release, and the second round is high enough in the rotation to pick up a guy who could be a player.

It's a perfect example of the kind of trade the Canucks shouldn't be doing.
Yours is a perfect example of what a team would do if they're rebuilding, which the Canucks are not. There are barely any roster spots available for the prospects they already have coming up, never mind the ones they'll be drafting soon. For some proven top 6 help, Jensen is definitely expendable.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:53 AM
K2B
dim jim

We aren't rebuilding, Linden has stated that in every interview he has done.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:30 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

That's an easy yea for Canucks..

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 03:48 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 View Post
We aren't rebuilding, Linden has stated that in every interview he has done.
well they need to do something--they are on the edge of a cliff and it could be one hell of a fall

most of their core players are passing 30 and their goaltending is now a big problem--it looked to me teams figured out Lack towards the end

Nuck fans can pump the tires of Horvat and shinkaruk--but I have zero faith in former GMs Gillis drafting skills and I think the canucks are in bigger trouble then some would like to admit.

The team goes as good as the twins go and they may have hit the ledge--they have played a lot of hockey over the past 16 years

05-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Predsrule

Gota think this isnt close.. Id be happy offering beck+1st (11oa) from the preds

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 06:39 AM
nmbr_24

No way Boston does this. Just because Eriksson had injuries this year does not mean the Bruins would move him and his very good cap hit for cap space when they can move Chris Kelly and save 75% of the amount saved if they moved Eriksson.

I doubt the Bruins sell low and that is exactly what most people who make Eriksson proposals are trying to do, they are trying to get a huge bargain on a very good player who has had a couple of injuries this year that took some time to recover from. They are trying to get him at a fraction of his value.

I don't think he is available at all, if you want him then I would imagine the Bruins want a 25-30 goal right winger who is under 30, awesome defensively, and makes around $4.5 million per season. If you don't want to give that up I don't expect the Bruins would consider your proposal.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 07:04 AM
rypper
#justwillielogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
No way Boston does this. Just because Eriksson had injuries this year does not mean the Bruins would move him and his very good cap hit for cap space when they can move Chris Kelly and save 75% of the amount saved if they moved Eriksson.

I doubt the Bruins sell low and that is exactly what most people who make Eriksson proposals are trying to do, they are trying to get a huge bargain on a very good player who has had a couple of injuries this year that took some time to recover from. They are trying to get him at a fraction of his value.

I don't think he is available at all, if you want him then I would imagine the Bruins want a 25-30 goal right winger who is under 30, awesome defensively, and makes around $4.5 million per season. If you don't want to give that up I don't expect the Bruins would consider your proposal.
Sounds very similar to what Canucks fans are going through with Kesler trade offers.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 07:15 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
Sounds very similar to what Canucks fans are going through with Kesler trade offers.
The difference is that the Canucks are actually thinking about moving Kesler, Boston is not thinking about moving Eriksson. I understand why people are making bad proposals for Kesler since everyone knows that he was close to being dealt at the deadline.

With Eriksson people just know he had an off season stats wise and want to get a bargain so I guess I understand that too, one thing is sure,neither of those guys is going to be dealt for a fraction of their value.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:06 PM
canucks10

I'd say no from a Canucks standpoint if this was 2 years ago sure maybe even if it was last year but this team is no where near competing for a cup anymore even if it is Eriksson coming back the other way i would hope Canucks decline

canucks10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:29 PM
iloveloov

I very much doubt that Boston hasn't considered moving Eriksson. He hasn't just had 1 bad season, it's now 2 bad seasons in a row.

It seems now that Boston has to choose between Iginla and Eriksson. Nobody knows what will happen except the management in Boston and perhaps the new Canucks GM. If Eriksson is available, expect Vancouver to be first in line. Vancouver could add more but the offer in the OP is essentially a 1st and a 2nd. How much more than that could Eriksson reasonably fetch given his performance?

Eriksson won't play in the top 6 for Boston while Iginla is on the team unless someone gets injured. Boston is in a cap crunch, they can't afford to pay someone $4.25M to play on their 3rd line. Eriksson is easiest to move as he is one of the few without a NTC.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Cogburn

I'd be excited for Eriksson on the Canucks.

However, conversely, buying top six wingers when they're at their lowest has not worked out to our favour in the past. I'm also very worried about moving prospects close to making the team for vets to fill a need we can likely fill in free agency.

The Ballard and Booth deals have scarred me a little.

As such, I'd really like to see what Jensen can do in a full season with the Canucks, instead of trading him. Would something around another player/prospect and a pick work? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
As a Bruins fan I'd do it.

I am Danish and I would love a Dane on the Bruins

Ace0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Dr Awesome
Yak in the city

vCash: 400
Issues with hits to the head have me concerned. But I like it just don't know if I'd do it.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

I don't think the Bruins would do this.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Aceonfire*

Considering what the Bruins gave up to get Loui, I doubt they move him for a package like that.

If he was made available, another team like Calgary etc.. would trump that offer.

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Since I suspect this would be a cap more if Boston, presuming they did go the trade route. I would if we could package our 2015 1st and a different prospect(s) for Eriksson. Like Cogburn said, I too am reluctant to move Jensen right now. He's among the few NHL ready prospects we have.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
CanadianSharks

I'd offer FAR more from the Sharks or Habs.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote