HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just move to Atlanta. Any hockey bars?

Old
05-06-2014, 11:56 AM
ReggieDunlop68
hey hanrahan!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
atlanta has a pretty big hockey community believe it or not.

We've got 2 sheets of ice in duluth, 1 in marietta, at least 1 or 2 in Kennesaw (ive never been there), 1 in *******, 1 more coming in sandy springs, and 2 in alpharetta.

so within a few months we'll have 8 or 9 sheets of ice in the atlanta area.

that's pretty good considering it's atlanta.

I play in the AAHL, there are 51 teams in our league alone (its split up into many divisions). Duluth has its own league with probably about 15-20 teams there..and the same thing over in Kennesaw.

The AAHL also has 3 leagues for over 35 players, and a rec league with 8-12 teams depending on how many people register.

thats a pretty good base to build off of.

btw the bleeped out thing there is the name of a town that sounds exactly like "Coming" but spelled differently, if you get my meaning.
LoL. I know. I have family in Cobb County. I'm just messing.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Gardner McKay
Global Moderator
Last Mango In Paris

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
atlanta has a pretty big hockey community believe it or not.

We've got 2 sheets of ice in duluth, 1 in marietta, at least 1 or 2 in Kennesaw (ive never been there), 1 in *******, 1 more coming in sandy springs, and 2 in alpharetta.

so within a few months we'll have 8 or 9 sheets of ice in the atlanta area.

that's pretty good considering it's atlanta.

I play in the AAHL, there are 51 teams in our league alone (its split up into many divisions). Duluth has its own league with probably about 15-20 teams there..and the same thing over in Kennesaw.

The AAHL also has 3 leagues for over 35 players, and a rec league with 8-12 teams depending on how many people register.

thats a pretty good base to build off of.

btw the bleeped out thing there is the name of a town that sounds exactly like "Coming" but spelled differently, if you get my meaning.
I lived in Marietta for 9 years, went to school in Kennesaw for 5 years, have lived in Sandy springs for a year and a half now, and have played at the one in Alpharetta. Can confirm this is correct.

Id check out the Tavern at Phipps if you want a bar environment where waitresses skirts are up to their panty line. Taco mac off highway 92 is a fantastic environment for hockey (especially if you can the game on the 100+ inch projector). Old Blind dog in Alpharetta & Brookhaven is always solid and if you want a nice quiet time with good food and not much noise. Hooligans over in Alpharetta would be a perfect spot. They have a Old Crow Bourbon sauce for their wings... I could literally drink it. Not to mention they have 50+ beers on tap.

They keep calling out my name, I shout it down
--
Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote