HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

All-Purpose Benghazi Butt-Hurt Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
  #76
Vyacheslav
That one guy
 
Vyacheslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dat mitten
Country: United States
Posts: 15,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
That's true but after 9-11 Bush had a 90% approval rating. And the vote thing was a real scandal but Obama was controversial just because he was Pbama.

Vyacheslav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:33 PM
  #77
VladNYC*
 
VladNYC*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 500
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:58 PM
  #78
Doppler Drift
Registered User
 
Doppler Drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.
Where has anyone stated that they don't care about the loss of life? Care to supply a quote? I'll wait.

The problem that we all have is the boneheads that keep beating the conspiracy drum.

Here is what our elected officials are doing instead running the frigging country.

Quote:
Mission Improbable: Trey Gowdy gets into Benghazi

Speaker John Boehner and House Republicans have decided to create a select committee to expand their investigation into the Benghazi attacks.

Beyond that, nothing is settled. In fact, Republicans may be going on something of a mission improbable to yield new information and turn up new clues in a wide-ranging probe that has already spanned 13 hearings, 25,000 pages of documents and 50 briefings.
Solid use of their time.


Last edited by Doppler Drift: 05-08-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Information added for emphasis
Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:05 PM
  #79
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 30,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.
I care more about the 4,400 killed in Iraq just for the fact there were 1100 time more of them.

__________________
I am encountering more and more of my own readers that I don't even like, nitwits who glom onto something superficial in the book and misunderstand its underlying message- Bill James
Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:12 PM
  #80
Ugmo
Registered User
 
Ugmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.
At the risk of sounding cold-hearted (but I don't think I will), I suspect my reaction to Benghazi's was and is similar to most other people's. When it happened I was shocked, when the details came out I read about them and thought "That's awful. What a tragedy. I feel terrible for their families and friends." And then through the passage of time I got over it, like I suspect most normal, well-adjusted people would. Anybody who claims to still be outraged about their deaths after a year-and-a-half who isn't either related to them or was very close to them is lying, plain and simple. Lying for political gain. Or half-witted and easily worked up by the media sources he subjects himself to on a daily basis.

Ugmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:37 PM
  #81
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American
 
Ilkka Sinisalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Perth, W.A.
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
  #82
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American
 
Ilkka Sinisalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Perth, W.A.
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,485
vCash: 500

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:43 PM
  #83
VladNYC*
 
VladNYC*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I care more about the 4,400 killed in Iraq just for the fact there were 1100 time more of them.
This is the dumbest **** I have ever read on HFboards. What does Iraq have to do with the killing of US citizens in Benghazi? Should the victim's families feel better that their loved ones died in a smaller group? You guys will stoop to any level to throw mud back and forth between two American parties that in all actuality are almost identical.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:47 PM
  #84
Ugmo
Registered User
 
Ugmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
This is the dumbest **** I have ever read on HFboards. What does Iraq have to do with the killing of US citizens in Benghazi? Should the victim's families feel better that their loved ones died in a smaller group? You guys will stoop to any level to throw mud back and forth between two American parties that in all actuality are almost identical.
If this real, Fox News-driven parrot outrage, or feigned, troll outrage? I'm trying to figure it out.

Ugmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
  #85
Free Kassian
Registered User
 
Free Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
If this real, Fox News-driven parrot outrage, or feigned, troll outrage? I'm trying to figure it out.
He types pretty clear sentences for a guy whose hands are full of Vladimir Putin's schlong.

Free Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:49 PM
  #86
Ugmo
Registered User
 
Ugmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,771
vCash: 500
By the way, since you're shamelessly invoking the victims' families, here's what they have to say about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stevens' father
What Chris never would have accepted was the idea that his death would be used for political purposes.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/26/op...ens-good-work/

Ugmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 01:03 PM
  #87
Doppler Drift
Registered User
 
Doppler Drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
This is the dumbest **** I have ever read on HFboards. What does Iraq have to do with the killing of US citizens in Benghazi? Should the victim's families feel better that their loved ones died in a smaller group? You guys will stoop to any level to throw mud back and forth between two American parties that in all actuality are almost identical.
You don't read many posts here then, including some of your own. You have provided a couple right here.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 01:58 PM
  #88
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher
 
Leafsdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
This is the dumbest **** I have ever read on HFboards. What does Iraq have to do with the killing of US citizens in Benghazi? Should the victim's families feel better that their loved ones died in a smaller group? You guys will stoop to any level to throw mud back and forth between two American parties that in all actuality are almost identical.
I'll admit up front to often getting you and ViD mixed up, but aren't you the one that was constantly posting a claim of hypocrisy on the part of westerners condemning Russia for their incursions into Ukraine because they supported the invasion of Iraq?

And that's not even considering the fact that he was speaking about his own view on the events and not saying anything about how any victim's families should feel in the face of said view.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 05:29 AM
  #89
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 30,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
This is the dumbest **** I have ever read on HFboards. What does Iraq have to do with the killing of US citizens in Benghazi? Should the victim's families feel better that their loved ones died in a smaller group? You guys will stoop to any level to throw mud back and forth between two American parties that in all actuality are almost identical.
This was by and large a successful military operation that managed to overthrow a dictator and foster some pro-American sentiment in the region whatever outrage I can feel about four dead pales in comparison to a recent example of how outraged I am about a more recent debacle that was from the ground up a disaster.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 11:08 AM
  #90
Nightslyr
Registered User
 
Nightslyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
I wonder if the Right even sees the hypocrisy of trying to make Benghazi a thing again before midterm elections.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 11:13 AM
  #91
RoryDelap
Sketch!
 
RoryDelap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoke-on-Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.
Coming from the guy who pretends to be a cop on the internet.

Take a ****ing bow.

Who the hell has said they don't care about the people that died? They're saying they don't care about the conspiracy theory you fool.

RoryDelap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 02:43 PM
  #92
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 76,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
So ****ing true.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
  #93
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 500
Conservative website tries....and fails....to debunk the "Bush had 13 Benghazis" meme.

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/05/po...hazis-article/

I'll give them credit, most conservative websites ignore it.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 02:46 PM
  #94
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
You know partisan hack politics aside, you people who say you "don't care about Benghazi" after Americans were killed in such a gruesome manner are disgusting. You don't care because you are fat losers living in your mom's basement with no real world experience. You don't know what it is to serve or to put your self under harms way for something. Just a pool of useless scum.
such a beautiful post

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:01 PM
  #95
Sharpshooter1
Registered User
 
Sharpshooter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,633
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
such a beautiful post
Not really. People don't care about the conspiracy theory that Faux News and the right-wing politicians are fruitlessly engaging in. People that roll their eyes at that stupidity however do care about the people who died as a result of the attack and the failure of adequate funding in order to prevent and protect from such a thing occurring in the first place.

Hmm...i wonder who prevented funding? I wonder who has held numerous fruitless hearings wasting more taxpayers? I wonder who has used this trumped up issue to raise campaign funds from? I wonder who has used this faux issue as a means to show their anti-gov't right wing bona-fides?

Beautiful post indeed....beautifully bat-shit crazy.

Sharpshooter1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:12 PM
  #96
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter1 View Post
Not really. People don't care about the conspiracy theory that Faux News and the right-wing politicians are fruitlessly engaging in. People that roll their eyes at that stupidity however do care about the people who died as a result of the attack and the failure of adequate funding in order to prevent and protect from such a thing occurring in the first place.

Hmm...i wonder who prevented funding? I wonder who has held numerous fruitless hearings wasting more taxpayers? I wonder who has used this trumped up issue to raise campaign funds from? I wonder who has used this faux issue as a means to show their anti-gov't right wing bona-fides?

Beautiful post indeed....beautifully bat-shit crazy.
stopped reading right there...I am sure you wrote something thought provoking.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:24 PM
  #97
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,879
vCash: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
stopped reading right there...I am sure you wrote something thought provoking.
you know, if you have read these boards at all you know I disagree with these guys on almost everything.. but in this case sharpshooter is spot on.. of course Americans care about the 4 people who died in the attack... but they do not care for any more investigation about what Obama/Clinton did or didnt do. Its not going to bring back the dead, its not going to prevent future deaths, and to the average American, even the average American Republican, it just looks like a pointless political witch-hunt.

Boehner has shown he has the stones to stand up to the loony toon wing of the party... I just wish he would do it about Benghazi.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:34 PM
  #98
Sharpshooter1
Registered User
 
Sharpshooter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,633
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
stopped reading right there...I am sure you wrote something thought provoking.
Of course you did. It was getting too truthy.

Sharpshooter1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:41 PM
  #99
Sharpshooter1
Registered User
 
Sharpshooter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,633
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you know, if you have read these boards at all you know I disagree with these guys on almost everything.. but in this case sharpshooter is spot on.. of course Americans care about the 4 people who died in the attack... but they do not care for any more investigation about what Obama/Clinton did or didnt do. Its not going to bring back the dead, its not going to prevent future deaths, and to the average American, even the average American Republican, it just looks like a pointless political witch-hunt.

Boehner has shown he has the stones to stand up to the loony toon wing of the party... I just wish he would do it about Benghazi.
And I wholeheartedly agree with you as well. It's a political stunt though, used to secure funding and votes for the Mid-term though, so I don't believe he'll do as we wish prior to the election. Your faith in him to do so may get more mileage than mine.

Sharpshooter1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:52 PM
  #100
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter1 View Post
Of course you did. It was getting too truthy.
nah, I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was a little boy.

smoke and mirror tricks worked when I was 10, sad to see some never grew up

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.