HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Seth Jones for Offence

Old
05-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

vCash: 500
Jordan Eberle + Marincin/Klefbom

for

Seth Jones

Nashville gets a top line winger who's still very young, as well as a good LD prospect to lessen the loss of Jones.

Oilers get a RHD that they need, Nurse replaces one of Marincin/Klefbom that are traded.

Oilers 1st can then be used on offense for a 2C replacement, or get Ekblad if you want to stack the D.

Imagine:

Nurse-Jones
Klefbom/Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Nazemlupul

vCash: 50
Why not move Weber instead?

Better return, and can really start up the rebuild if that's what the Preds are trying to do. Without weber next year, Nashville would have a good shot at McDavid. Espically if they go full rebuild and move some of their older players.

Last edited by Nazemlupul: 05-02-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingstad View Post

for

Seth Jones

Nashville gets a top line winger who's still very young, as well as a good LD prospect to lessen the loss of Jones.

Oilers get a RHD that they need, Nurse replaces one of Marincin/Klefbom that are traded.

Oilers 1st can then be used on offense for a 2C replacement, or get Ekblad if you want to stack the D.

Imagine:

Nurse-Jones
Klefbom/Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Mars is already better than Weber

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post

Better return, and can really start up the rebuild if that's what the Preds are trying to do. Without weber next year, Nashville would have a good shot at Ekbland. Espically if they go full rebuild and move some of their older players.
confusing on many levels

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:

Better return, and can really start up the rebuild if that's what the Preds are trying to do. Without weber next year, Nashville would have a good shot at Ekbland. Espically if they go full rebuild and move some of their older players.
Probably because we're already half way done with our re-build? Look at our backend Josi-Weber, Ekholm-Jones Ellis could be one of the best cores in the league, and every player except for Weber is under 25. We just need to focus on our forwards now, and we have just brought in Jarnkrok and Forsberg and we have a lottery pick coming in the next month.

We've already moved our older players and have been acquiring young talent for the past year and a half. Jones, Forsberg, Jarnkrok, and MDZ have all been brought in since last trade deadline and we've moved Legwand, Klein and Erat.

Weber just isn't moving, we don't want to move him and we have no reason to.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Pop147258

Tatar + 15th overall
Seth jones

Pop147258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 08:21 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:

His name is Aaron Ekblad and he is eligible for this year's draft. So no.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Nazemlupul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
His name is Aaron Ekblad and he is eligible for this year's draft. So no.
Woops meant McDavid

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Could very well be out of line here but this was discussed with Roman Josi instead of Jones but would this be of interest to NSH (assuming salary works.)

Lupul
Kadri

Jones
1st 2014

Too much from NSH point of view or no?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Better return, and can really start up the rebuild if that's what the Preds are trying to do. Without weber next year, Nashville would have a good shot at McDavid. Espically if they go full rebuild and move some of their older players.
I doubt the Preds would be challenging for the top overall pick after moving only Weber. The team was only three points out of the playoffs, and that was after missing Rinne for 50+ games. It would take more than just losing Weber to turn them into a basement team IMO.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Patchey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Could very well be out of line here but this was discussed with Roman Josi instead of Jones but would this be of interest to NSH (assuming salary works.)

Lupul
Kadri

Jones
1st 2014

Bad for Nashville

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:25 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Quote:

Lupul
Kadri

Jones
1st 2014

Would be bad for Nashville without giving up their first rounder. Very bad. One of the top D prospects of his generation for two complimentary forwards.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:27 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingstad View Post

for

Seth Jones

Imagine:

Nurse-Jones
Klefbom/Marincin-Schultz
Ference-Ekblad
Imagine is the right word, cause you'd have to be dreaming to think that's realistic value.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 10:09 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:

Lupul
Kadri

Jones
1st 2014

It was terrible before you added Nashville's 1st rounder.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Obviously

Nashville interested in anything from Tampa?

Obviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 10:23 PM
keslercrosby*

kesler + #6 overall

keslercrosby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I would do Couture or Duchene, easily.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 11:16 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Drouin wasn't available. That would have been impossible. Poile had Jones at the top of his board anyway, so I highly doubt it would have happened even if both were available for Nashville at 4th.
Well, if Poile did have Jones #1 then my point is certainly moot. But if not, I don't think it would've been that hard to swap picks with TB. Anyways, carry on.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 11:24 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Well, if Poile did have Jones #1 then my point is certainly moot. But if not, I don't think it would've been that hard to swap picks with TB. Anyways, carry on.
If memory serves, Poile's rankings were 1) Jones, 2) MacKinnon, 3) Barkov, 4) Drouin. Other than that, I don't think Tampa was looking to move down.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Bieber fever

I would do galchenyuk for Jones but i doubt other habs fan would do it.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 11:58 PM
AFTeRMaTH

Quote:

I've been saying this forever. They will never win without doing a proper rebuild. TBH I think they were dumb as hell to match Philly's offer. They could of been loaded with picks and could set themselves up for a decade. Now they will be forever in mediocrity because they have Weber but very little offense power. Should of let him go to Philly and they would finish bottom 5 for awhile and load up on top prospects. Then get 4 1st rounders from Philly.

AFTeRMaTH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTeRMaTH View Post
I've been saying this forever. They will never win without doing a proper rebuild. TBH I think they were dumb as hell to match Philly's offer. They could of been loaded with picks and could set themselves up for a decade. Now they will be forever in mediocrity because they have Weber but very little offense power. Should of let him go to Philly and they would finish bottom 5 for awhile and load up on top prospects. Then get 4 1st rounders from Philly.
Of course you say that, you've only got a Philly avatar. Four picks 23-30 wasn't going to do jack squat for OUR franchise as much as you would like the best defenseman in the league for the remainder of his career he's our franchise we just can't move him, especially for a crappy offer.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:17 AM
RaiderDoug

As a Preds fan, I would do a bunch of these probably.

As great as I think Jones will be, there's not a whole lot of room for him to move up. Weber is signed for infinity, and Josi's contract runs to 2020.

We should be able to add an near-elite (or better) forward for what is essentially our #3 dman. That could make Nashville very dangerous, very quickly.

I saw offers with Couture, Galchenyuk, Skinner, Drouin (why would TB do this? No idea, but i'd take it). I'd do Jones+ for some of the names mentioned in this thread (Duchene, Kessel).

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:49 AM
spaghtti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
As a Preds fan, I would do a bunch of these probably.

As great as I think Jones will be, there's not a whole lot of room for him to move up. Weber is signed for infinity, and Josi's contract runs to 2020.

We should be able to add an near-elite (or better) forward for what is essentially our #3 dman. That could make Nashville very dangerous, very quickly.

I saw offers with Couture, Galchenyuk, Skinner, Drouin (why would TB do this? No idea, but i'd take it). I'd do Jones+ for some of the names mentioned in this thread (Duchene, Kessel).
I'm not buying the hype on Drouin, has he done anything to improve his value? I didn't get to watch him play. I thought at the draft that Jones should have gone higher than 4th overall

spaghtti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:51 AM
AFTeRMaTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Of course you say that, you've only got a Philly avatar. Four picks 23-30 wasn't going to do jack squat for OUR franchise as much as you would like the best defenseman in the league for the remainder of his career he's our franchise we just can't move him, especially for a crappy offer.
Yes Weber is the best defenseman but Im happy that you guys matched the offersheet. That contract was ludicrous. Im just saying I think it would have been better for you guys to take the 1st rounders and do a true rebuild like Buffalo is doing right now.

AFTeRMaTH is online now   Reply With Quote