HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Van - LA

Old
05-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Van - LA

To

Mike Richards
Jake Muzzin

To

Alex Edler
Jannik Hansen

Yes, I know it looks like Vancouver should be retooling/rebuilding, but in a recent interview Linden stated the Canucks are gunning to make the playoffs next season. Both Richards and Edler had fairly tough seasons, but both are proven commodities, maybe a change of scenery could help?

Richards plays a cerebral playmaking game while also bringing grit and great two-way game to the table, seems like a match made in heaven from trigger man Alex Burrows. While Edler when at the top of his game is a physical puck mover, who's good for 40+ points. He's also a LHD who could fit quite well with Drew Doughty.

Both Edler and Hansen have NTC's but LA is likely the most desirable place to play in the NHL, so if they were to waive to go somewhere it's there.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - M.Richards - Kesler
Higgins - Santorelli - Horvat/Jensen
Matthias - Richardson - xxx

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev
Muzzin - Stanton

Gaborik* - Kopitar - Brown
Williams - Carter - Toffoli
Pearson - Stoll - Hansen
King - Lewis - Clifford

Edler - Doughty
Mitchell - Voynov
Regher - Martinez

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:03 AM
KingKopitar11*

vCash: 500
Pretty solid offer value wise. I don't know if the kings would do this tho go because we have no ready quality prospects in case Stoll or Lewis go down. Good offer though.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Alpha
英霊

vCash: 962
sure

Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Pretty solid offer value wise. I don't know if the kings would do this tho go because we have no ready quality prospects in case Stoll or Lewis go down. Good offer though.
Than you, and I see where you're coming from. Any interest in Dalpe? We could move him for a mid round pick.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:21 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Good offer, none of the young packages I have seen thrown around here for Edler are all that enticing, not that it really means anything, but if we couldn't get any younger assets for Edler its something I would do.

Change of scenery could be good for both guys.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:07 AM
canucks10

I like this trade as bringing in Richards would make it alot easier to trade Kesler for picks/prospects and i also like Jake Muzzin

canucks10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:15 AM
kihei

vCash: 501
Didn't Edler basically fall apart this year? He had the worst +/- in the entire league which is quite a feat actually (787th out of 787 ranked players). I'd be surprised if Edler still fetched this much.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
tiny103

To be fair to Linden, every rebuilding team 's goal is to make the playoffs. I wouldn't take those words to mean anything beyond boiler plate response to the fan base.

tiny103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Kingler

Don't see why the Kings would make the trade...

Sure, Richards isn't putting up the point total but his value far exceed this. The Kings are build for both on ice product and locker room product. And a winner like Richards is critical to the room. Sure, he WAS paid like a star when the contract was signed. But what can $5.7m/cap hit get you now? David Clarkson anyone? Down the road, his cap hit would only get relatively cheaper to the market. IMO, Richards is just as important to the team as Kopitar or Carter or Doughty or Quick...why fix what's not broken?

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Didn't Edler basically fall apart this year? He had the worst +/- in the entire league which is quite a feat actually (787th out of 787 ranked players). I'd be surprised if Edler still fetched this much.
I doubt you will see GMs put much stock in the +/- stat, especially when the entire Vancouver roster went through numerous slumps of all its primary players. Odds are far greater this season was an anomaly for Edler as much as the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows.

As for the trade. Overall, it's a solid proposal. I suspect the Kings would be reluctant to trade Richards given they have a winning roster. Why fix what isn't broken as Kingler put it. From the Canucks' perspective, I would prefer a more offensively inclined forward if we are moving Edler. Although, if we roped in Cammalleri, him paired with Kesler and Richards would be one hell of a second line.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Sedinsquared

Interesting for the Canucks- I'd do this I think- Richards could either be paired with kes and kass to create a nightmare
Line or give them the flexibility to trade kes(which
If they were to make this trade would not make to much sense)

Also would give them the option to go with the 3c Pitts model

Sedinsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:56 AM
biturbo19

I actually like this deal quite a bit. Would do. And as mentioned above, it would make trading Kesler a more feasible proposition. Or better yet, it'd just give Kesler the legitimate linemate that he's been lacking.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Love

This isnt a bad deal per se, but it would never happen.

Vancouver would become soooo much better from this trade theres no way in hell LA would do it even if they felt it improved them marginally.

A Canucks top 6 with Richards would change everything for that team:

Richards-Kesler-Kassian

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Jensen

That top line is beastly. So much grit and skill.

Love is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:59 AM
FOurteenS inCisOr
FOS COrp CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
A couple of (non Vancouver-based) analysts, Cullen from TSN and another guy who escapes my mind, wrote articles recently on how Edler was a victim of some if the worst luck in the NHL this season, due to linemate shooting pct and a few other factors, and that this was a large reason for his low plus- and overall poor season. His other advanced stats were quite good.

Both said that other GMs would be aware of this, and Edler would still have the value of a top-pairing D on most teams.

I'm sure it will affect his value a bit, though.

Still doubt LA makes this deal.

FOurteenS inCisOr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:04 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
I read the Edler to Boston trade speculation at the TDL. Has Edler given the Canucks a list of teams, he is willing to waive to No Trade Clause for?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
A couple of (non Vancouver-based) analysts, Cullen from TSN and another guy who escapes my mind, wrote articles recently on how Edler was a victim of some if the worst luck in the NHL this season, due to linemate shooting pct and a few other factors, and that this was a large reason for his low plus- and overall poor season. His other advanced stats were quite good.

Both said that other GMs would be aware of this, and Edler would still have the value of a top-pairing D on most teams.

I'm sure it will affect his value a bit, though.

Still doubt LA makes this deal.
Correct. Edler had the second worst PDO in the entire NHL, and the lowest on ice shooting%.

Old
05-03-2014, 12:09 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
This isnt a bad deal per se, but it would never happen.

Vancouver would become soooo much better from this trade theres no way in hell LA would do it even if they felt it improved them marginally.

A Canucks top 6 with Richards would change everything for that team:

Richards-Kesler-Kassian

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Jensen

That top line is beastly. So much grit and skill.
The Richards of today plays with neither grit, nor skill though. There is always the possibility that's he's been nursing some nagging injury all year...but I think the more likely scenario is that he's starting to lose it.

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:14 PM
KingCanadain1976

i won't discuss richards for edler as that a need for the kings I however don't see any need for hansen The kings have Williams Brown toffoli nolan and lewis all more then capable. Hansen bring us nothing. Muzzin despite his occasional rookie screw up is of use. He plays top mins and is currently drews partner I say Hell no to it for them reasons.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:43 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i won't discuss richards for edler as that a need for the kings I however don't see any need for hansen The kings have Williams Brown toffoli nolan and lewis all more then capable. Hansen bring us nothing. Muzzin despite his occasional rookie screw up is of use. He plays top mins and is currently drews partner I say Hell no to it for them reasons.
I agree here and for me I don't like Edlers game at all pulse Dean will not be shipping Richards off and I hope to see Muzzin for years to come he has the tools to be a solid defenseman and the young mistakes get less and less with time. He is Drews partner now and for a whe down the road.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:57 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4hockey View Post
I agree here and for me I don't like Edlers game at all pulse Dean will not be shipping Richards off and I hope to see Muzzin for years to come he has the tools to be a solid defenseman and the young mistakes get less and less with time. He is Drews partner now and for a whe down the road.
I'm not a huge fan of edlers however he would fit as a top pairing left handed partner for drew. I would however like to see us sign Markov if possible or someone similar. It would allow us to play muzzin with more sheltered mins while he gains experience. I also agree we won't be dumping richards off especially to someone in our division.

Old
05-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Virtanen2Horvat
BoHorvat53

vCash: 589
I actually like this deal.

Virtanen2Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Katani Kalan

I think this proposal makes sense for both clubs. LA needs more offense and Edler lined up with Doughty makes for a crazy puck moving combo. Richards would give Vancouver a plethora of options with Kesler. On one hand you could utilize Kes with the Sedins at RW or put him with Richards and Kassian and have one hell of a second line.

If the plan is to rebuild the Canucks by still trading Kesler having Richards as 2nd line centre makes that easier.

However if we were to land Richards for Edler I'd keep Kesler. This top 6 looks capable to me.

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Richards Kesler Kassian

Katani Kalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Meh. I like Edler's chances of rebounding better than Richards.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:37 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchairgmvancouver View Post
I think this proposal makes sense for both clubs. LA needs more offense and Edler lined up with Doughty makes for a crazy puck moving combo. Richards would give Vancouver a plethora of options with Kesler. On one hand you could utilize Kes with the Sedins at RW or put him with Richards and Kassian and have one hell of a second line.

If the plan is to rebuild the Canucks by still trading Kesler having Richards as 2nd line centre makes that easier.

However if we were to land Richards for Edler I'd keep Kesler. This top 6 looks capable to me.

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Richards Kesler Kassian

I disagree with you as much as i can. La doesn't need more offense at all. We need to tighten up defensively. The ufa combo of Greene and Mitchell are slowing down and need to be moved out.. Regher is also apart of this slowing down mode. All la needs is to replace the ufa pair. We only need one because we will be having McNabb on the roster. He hits like a truck and has a 100+ mph shot. I have no issue with letting him replace Greene. We do need someone to replace Mitchell.As edlar was -39 i don't see him as a replacement for mitchell Sorry
Next you can try richards at lw but you will be really disapointed. He is not a lw at all He was tryed there and it started richards down ward spiral imo.

Old
05-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Kingspiracy

I don't like it from a Kings pov, we are not in a position to be able to deal Muzzin, we need to be adding D not swapping D. Also I like Richards and think he will have a stronger season next year.

Kingspiracy is online now   Reply With Quote