HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Boychuk to Ottawa?

Old
05-03-2014, 01:26 AM
SensNation613

vCash: 500
Boychuk to Ottawa?

What would it take Boston fans?

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:25 AM
Frazer99

RWers

Frazer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:04 AM
notchstang92

They need a D to replace Bartkowski. He's too much of a liability and Meszaros isn't, and never was, the answer and neither is Potter. Waste of assets at the trade deadline. That being said why trade Boychuk for another D.

Bruins could use another wing too that isn't 35 or older. It's not a definite that Iginla comes back and Reilly Smith isn't really a 2nd line wing. What the Bruins don't need is another Chris Kelly. I don't see it happening.

notchstang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:22 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensNation613 View Post
What would it take Boston fans?
I see no one I would be willing to trade Boychuk for but maybe we could do a deal around Mark Stone for one of our less needed players.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Busboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I see no one I would be willing to trade Boychuk for but maybe we could do a deal around Mark Stone for one of our less needed players.
Sens wouldn't do Boychuk for Stone so there's no way they would be interested in lesser players.

Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:09 PM
SensNation613

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
Sens wouldn't do Boychuk for Stone so there's no way they would be interested in lesser players.
^This

I was hoping Greening+Wiercioch+3rd but I guess that wouldn't happen eh.

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

vCash: 50
Why would Boston trade Boychuk?

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Jared Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
Sens wouldn't do Boychuk for Stone... kidding right?

Jared Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Jared Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensNation613 View Post
^This

I was hoping Greening+Wiercioch+3rd but I guess that wouldn't happen eh.
1st off this doesn't help the Bruins with their cap situation at all and second of all value just isn't close

Old
05-03-2014, 03:53 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenFully View Post
No, not at all. He's by far our most likely top 6 prospect and by far our most NHL ready. I expect 40-45 points from Stone next year and he's still making huge strides each year. Trading Stone for Boychuk would be so far from the Sens philosophy of building a team its not even funny. If Stone is dealt it will be in a Bobby Ryan type deal for an elite player. Not Johnny Boychuk, as solid as he is he's no more than a 2nd pairing option. Something we will have a GLUT of as soon as one year from now. As for top 6 wing prospects, we have 2 or 3 - easily our weakest point of organizational depth.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
nmbr_24

Boychuk is a D who can play top pairing minutes or anchor a 2nd pairing, he really comes up huge when the playoffs roll around, he is a great hitter, he has a very hard shot which seems to get 10 times more accurate in the playoffs, he is very good defensively, he has one year remaining on his contract and could reasonably ask for close to $6 million per season on his next deal.

His value to the Bruins is pretty high I think and no deal for 3rd liners, bottom pairing defenders or any goaltenders would be enough to get him.

I think the type of deal that they would move him in is for an underpaid right winger who is a 30 goal threat. I bet in the right deal the Bruins would add considerably to Boychuk if they were getting a player who is equal to Boychuk but on a cheaper contract.

I like the Sens but I just don't see a deal that would make the Bruins want to move Boychuk that would also get an OK from the Sens management. Boychuk is important to the team and if they move him there will be a significant piece coming back in my opinion.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:25 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Boychuk is a D who can play top pairing minutes or anchor a 2nd pairing, he really comes up huge when the playoffs roll around, he is a great hitter, he has a very hard shot which seems to get 10 times more accurate in the playoffs, he is very good defensively, he has one year remaining on his contract and could reasonably ask for close to $6 million per season on his next deal.

His value to the Bruins is pretty high I think and no deal for 3rd liners, bottom pairing defenders or any goaltenders would be enough to get him.

I think the type of deal that they would move him in is for an underpaid right winger who is a 30 goal threat. I bet in the right deal the Bruins would add considerably to Boychuk if they were getting a player who is equal to Boychuk but on a cheaper contract.

I like the Sens but I just don't see a deal that would make the Bruins want to move Boychuk that would also get an OK from the Sens management. Boychuk is important to the team and if they move him there will be a significant piece coming back in my opinion.
Just to let you know, not a single 30 goal scorer (besides Johansen on his ELC) are paid less than Boychuk. Only one slightly close is Kunitz. The only 20 goal scorers who are even close to your description are Kyle Turris, Clarke Macarthur, Joel Ward, Matt Read and Brad Boyes.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:27 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Benoit Bawls View Post
No, not at all. He's by far our most likely top 6 prospect and by far our most NHL ready. I expect 40-45 points from Stone next year and he's still making huge strides each year. Trading Stone for Boychuk would be so far from the Sens philosophy of building a team its not even funny. If Stone is dealt it will be in a Bobby Ryan type deal for an elite player. Not Johnny Boychuk, as solid as he is he's no more than a 2nd pairing option. Something we will have a GLUT of as soon as one year from now. As for top 6 wing prospects, we have 2 or 3 - easily our weakest point of organizational depth.
Boychuk is no more than a 2nd pairing option? It is funny the way he was a first pairing defender on the presidents trophy winning team.

I completely understand why the Sens wouldn't want to trade for a guy who will be 30 and a UFA after next season, I completely understand how this would go against what they have been trying to do, but Boychuk is a lot better than "only a 2nd pairing option"

Boychuk plays more than Chara at times, he can jump into Chara's role if Chara has been getting too many minutes lately. Please don't think that I am saying he is as good as Chara, I am saying he can play top pairing minutes on the team with highest point total in the NHL.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:29 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Just to let you know, not a single 30 goal scorer (besides Johansen on his ELC) are paid less than Boychuk. Only one slightly close is Kunitz. The only 20 goal scorers who are even close to your description are Kyle Turris, Clarke Macarthur, Joel Ward, Matt Read and Brad Boyes.
I understand that but if they got a guy like that he would be replacing Iginla and Iginla wouldn't be re-signed. That doesn't seem likely and is just another reason why trading Boychuk is going to have to be in a pretty good deal.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:32 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Boychuk is no more than a 2nd pairing option? It is funny the way he was a first pairing defender on the presidents trophy winning team.

I completely understand why the Sens wouldn't want to trade for a guy who will be 30 and a UFA after next season, I completely understand how this would go against what they have been trying to do, but Boychuk is a lot better than "only a 2nd pairing option"

Boychuk plays more than Chara at times, he can jump into Chara's role if Chara has been getting too many minutes lately. Please don't think that I am saying he is as good as Chara, I am saying he can play top pairing minutes on the team with highest point total in the NHL.
He can definitely play top pairing, just not on our team. Hence, not a top pair option. Thats not saying anything about Boychuks play besides the fact that he will always be behind Karlsson, and might soon be eclipsed by Ceci (and by soon, I mean 3-5 years). In that sense, given the fact that he would likely spend more time on the 3rd pairing than on the 1st pairing - especially if he stays for a long time - he's just not worth our top offensive prospect, one of our 2 or 3 long term wing options, our only NHL ready top 6 option.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:37 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
He can definitely play top pairing, just not on our team. Hence, not a top pair option. Thats not saying anything about Boychuks play besides the fact that he will always be behind Karlsson, and might soon be eclipsed by Ceci (and by soon, I mean 3-5 years). In that sense, given the fact that he would likely spend more time on the 3rd pairing than on the 1st pairing - especially if he stays for a long time - he's just not worth our top offensive prospect, one of our 2 or 3 long term wing options, our only NHL ready top 6 option.
I guess we will just have to disagree, I think if Boychuk can play top pairing minutes on the Bruins he can on any team. I am not saying he is better than anyone, I am not saying he would play top pairing minutes, I am saying he would be an option.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:44 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
I guess we will just have to disagree, I think if Boychuk can play top pairing minutes on the Bruins he can on any team. I am not saying he is better than anyone, I am not saying he would play top pairing minutes, I am saying he would be an option.
Well you can think that all you want, but theres no chance he plays top pairing over Karlsson. If Chara was a RD, Boychuk wouldnt play top pairing on Boston either. If Karlsson was an LD like Chara, Boychuk would definitely be on our top pairing.

But thats not the case, and teams dont work like that, so it's a moot point. Its not even an argument, its just how depth charts work. Pure and simple.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Busboy

Quote:
Trade a young kid who has dominated every level of hockey below the NHL? Why would you think I'm kidding?

Boychuk is a good player but we have too many D-men as is and scoring wingers are exactly what we need.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:30 PM
BigRig4

I love Stone but Boychuk is so much more valuable let's be real...

BigRig4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig4 View Post
Irrelevant considering 90% of trades are made for team need and structure... not value.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Jared Dunn

Quote:
Boychuk is a capable #2. I didn't know Mark Stone was still as highly regarded, liked him a lot when he played for Canada at the Juniors, seemed like he hadn't exactly panned out.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:46 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Boychuk is a capable #2. I didn't know Mark Stone was still as highly regarded, liked him a lot when he played for Canada at the Juniors, seemed like he hadn't exactly panned out.
Boychuk is a capable #2, sure, but he wouldnt play on our top pair. Thats all I've been saying, all along. As for Mark Stone, he's our only prospect with above 60 point potential imo. His hockey IQ is off the charts and he produces at every level. He was an above average player in 20 games for us this year. He's possibly the last prospect of ours that I'd want to trade. I think he's a better prospect than Lazar - although I havent seen too much of Lazar besides the WJC.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Busboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig4 View Post
Let's be real, if the Bruins offered Boychuk for Stone, Murray would say no.

It just wouldn't make sense. We have an abundance of defenseman and too few scoring wingers.

It would cost the Sens 3 million next season to exchange the two. After that Boychuk will be a UFA aged 31 in need of a raise and Stone will be an RFA aged 22.

If both were offered up to other teams then Boychuk would probably fetch the better return. But value changes from team to team and the Sens will value young impact players on ELCs above aging vets on expiring contracts.

Old
05-03-2014, 06:09 PM
HockeySens

Quote:
not panned out? he has play like 20 games with the sens and really only as a call up. Lets wait for at least a whole season if not more to judge stone. If boychuk was younger then its a deal but he isnt

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Jared Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
not panned out? he has play like 20 games with the sens and really only as a call up. Lets wait for at least a whole season if not more to judge stone. If boychuk was younger then its a deal but he isnt
At no point was I saying Stone's anywhere near a bust. I said since I hadn't heard much about him I thought he may have peaked in junior. Read my whole post instead of just the one line.