HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

** NHL 15 Thread ** Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
CP31

vCash: 500
Ray Ferraro!

Old
05-05-2014, 12:09 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
I love the new commentary but the new crowd and arena has me pumped.

Hope they make big changes to GM mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Oh, we saw those last year too.

I just hope Be a GM is overhauled. So many players seem to play it (myself included, that's all I play) but EA seems to have been completely neglecting it and concentrating on ******** arcade modes for casual gamers like the 94 Anniversary Mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
That's fantastic.

The rest of the stuff like "new physics" and "improved AI" are things they say every year. It's meaningless until you actually try it.

Hopefully they improve BaGM, especially scouting and the draft(MAKE IT LIKE MADDEN). That will be a big selling point.
Agreed on all fronts gentlemen! I would LOVE to see a Franchise/Be A GM mode like the one in Madden (for certain aspects) like the "Central Hub" with the fake tweets from REAL personalities (in NFL they Schefter, Wingo, Bayless, etc.) so for the NHL they could do McKenzie, LeBrun, Friedman, etc.

Would LOVE if they copied the Madden thing of certain "prospect highlights" throughout the year, would make it nice.

Just really OVERHAUL the damn thing...adding the "Relocation" feature would be nice as well! I loved what Madden did with that in Madden 25

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
05-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

Gotta sign Patrick Stefan and blatantly miss an empty netter now that Ferraro is onboard.

05-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Not optimistic about commentary but I'm picky. Won't have doc yelling SCAR like in real life

Will get a ps4 for this.

Also different stadiums is cool. Now if they could add the United center instead of Chicago stadium
. Edit: eexcited to see new commentary. It was so scripted in the past.

Last edited by Mike Emrick: 05-05-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old
05-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

If the only things they added were the things in that list then thats pretty weak

Not really a "new generation"

But I'll reserve judgement til we get more info and the demo

Old
05-05-2014, 12:28 PM
terranraida

vCash: 50
I hope they have the LA Stadium Series as a choice. I will pre order that in a heart beat, the night game was so damn cool.

Old
05-05-2014, 12:29 PM
getyourselfsomerest

I know a lot of people don't have a next gen console yet, but the fact that they're making a 360 and PS3 version is a bit worrisome to me. Are they going to downgrade the entire game from what it could be so that there isn't a huge difference between the previous gen and next gen versions?

Old
05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
The Rage Kage

Quote:
I know a lot of people don't have a next gen console yet, but the fact that they're making a 360 and PS3 version is a bit worrisome to me. Are they going to downgrade the entire game from what it could be so that there isn't a huge difference between the previous gen and next gen versions?
I'm pretty sure they announced that they are taking some features out ONLY for the previous gen ones, so it shouldn't be bad that it will be on both current and last gen (people should stop calling it next gen, it's been released, it is current)

Old
05-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Usually when you see something like this a lot of concessions are made for the older versions and way more effort is put into the next gen consoles. Not sure if that will be the case for NHL 15 though.

Old
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

The features definitely sound hopeful, it looks like it'll actually feel like a new game this year. And I doubt any game modes will be re-vamped, it looks like they put all of their resources into next gen and the new presentation.

So pumped to play Be a GM on Vita remote play. I never really had time to play it the last few years but remote play will be huge for that mode.

Old
05-05-2014, 12:56 PM
The Rage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
The features definitely sound hopeful, it looks like it'll actually feel like a new game this year. And I doubt any game modes will be re-vamped, it looks like they put all of their resources into next gen and the new presentation.

So pumped to play Be a GM on Vita remote play. I never really had time to play it the last few years but remote play will be huge for that mode.
I had never thought about that last part, that could be awesome!

Old
05-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Blech, they seriously won't overhaul board play?

How can you talk about physics being completely dynamic when you allow for canned animations on the boards and in front of the net?
Smallest EA budget and team. They can't get to everyone in a 7-12 month dev cycle.

Old
05-05-2014, 01:15 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Yuck.... Emrick....

Driiiiiiiiiiive

Old
05-05-2014, 01:19 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
Aren't these the same claims made about every NHL game?

http://ca.ign.com/games/nhl-07/xbox-360-829743
Yes but IIRC 07 brought in the skill stick & the current shooting mechanics. The NHL has been rather stagnant the past 2-3 iterations but from 07-09 there was plenty to be excited about as every year there was something new being added into the game.

Old
05-05-2014, 01:23 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Smallest EA budget and team. They can't get to everyone in a 7-12 month dev cycle.
This is true, but one would think that EA would be able to "lend" the coding used for some of the nicer gameplay mechanics/features from their Madden series (or FIFA but I don't play that and don't know what they would be) to the NBA or NHL franchises.

I'm specifically talking about the big improvements they made in the Franchise mode for Madden from the managerial standpoint (the "Central Hub" with the "Tweets" from NFL personalities, the "Prospect Spotlight" each year with little stories woven in and out, the relocation option, which was NICELY done in Madden 25 imo, etc.)

Are these things that are REALLY not able to be spread throughout EA Sports? To at least their NHL franchise (don't care about the EA NBA offering myself).

Old
05-05-2014, 01:35 PM
UncleRisto
Hell's Bells, Trudy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranraida View Post
I hope they have the LA Stadium Series as a choice. I will pre order that in a heart beat, the night game was so damn cool.
That'd be great. That game just looked so awesome. The jerseys, LA scenery, volleyball and ****...

Quote:
In 08 when NHL 09 came out the game was exactly like NHL 08 on PS2 while the PS3 and 360 versions that came out were completely overhauled. So no, the next gen version will not be worse because of the PS3/360 version.

Old
05-05-2014, 01:37 PM
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar

Kinda annoying that I have to pay $600 to play this game (Xbox One + game) but whatever

The 360/PS3 ports will be complete **** compared to the next-gen games

Old
05-05-2014, 01:41 PM
RCola88

Im pretty confident with this game coming out. As a person with the Xbox one and who owns Fifa 14. I can say that the ignite engine is pretty sweet. It is great with momentum of players and ball physics, so I have high hopes for the puck physics and momentum for NHL.

What I really want improved in gameplay is the skating form of the players, it doesn't look like they are digging into the ice but instead the hover over it. I've heard rumors (RUMORS) that they have improved the board play and it's more moved toward scrums in the corners with 3+ players. To add credability the guy who mentioned this said, who saw beta gameplay, said the way the jerseys move is incredible. From the trailer he was right about that. So, again I think the gameplay will be better, but I am really looking forward to NHL 16 when they get the base down on the next gen consoles.

Amazing graphics as well.

lso, what could EA do with a better skill stick and new dekes? Any ideas?

Old
05-05-2014, 01:44 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Imagine if the next-gen version actually had it when you can't deke through sticks or whatnot. Sticks will hit actual sticks. No more ******** lifting the stick breaking the stick **** either.

Old
05-05-2014, 01:49 PM
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Imagine if the next-gen version actually had it when you can't deke through sticks or whatnot. Sticks will hit actual sticks. No more ******** lifting the stick breaking the stick **** either.
It's been said before, but there are certain level of realism that you would definitely not want in a video game. Would you really enjoy dropping your stick just because you turned wrong and your stick accidentally hit the boards? Or not being able to deke because someone is holding RB and your stick can't go through it?

Old
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
mfzero
Canucks?

Still no PC version?

Old
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Sadly no :/.

Old
05-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
EASHL, one minute to go in over time. It's a 1-1 game.

The home team comes down on a 2 on 1 " In across the line is Smith ( random play by play name ) he's in with Johnson, a pass across for a DRIVEEEE!!...*pause* SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love Doc.

Old
05-05-2014, 02:04 PM
glasgow26

Excited about the new commentary because the old stuff was just atrocious. Other than that, not a whole lot to get excited about. I'm much more interested in seeing improvements made to Be a GM and Be a Pro. I don't really care about what the crowds and arenas look like, to be honest. Give me a game that PLAYS well, with good AI and enjoyable game modes.

Old
05-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Doublechin

Nothing that EA does can get me hyped anymore, there's a reason after all that they've won the worst company in America award 2 straight years. For the be a GM fans, I doubt they even touch it this year and when they do revamp it, it will be awful all over again.

Closed Thread