HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - pit

Old
05-03-2014, 04:12 PM
SensNation613

vCash: 500
Ott - pit

To Pittsburgh:
Rights to Milan Michalek

To Ottawa:
Rights to Matt Niskanen

What do you guys think?

SensNation613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:16 PM
HockeySens

pens would prefer Hemsky for sure

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:17 PM
JohnnyBerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
pens would prefer Hemsky for sure
I agree. However I doubt Pitts makes the deal. Good fit for the Sens, not so much for Pens unless they are letting someone go in the offseason.

JohnnyBerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:31 PM
SensNation613

I hope Melnyk signs Hemmer but it doesn't seem like that likely, if we don't sign him then we should swap his rights IMO. I'd be happy if we swapped his rights for Vrbata/Niskanen.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:38 PM
SEALBound

Niskanen, even the rights, are worth much more than Michalek, even the rights.

If it's 100% confirmed Nisky refuses to sign in Pit, I would be okay with his rights for Hemskys.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:50 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Niskanen, even the rights, are worth much more than Michalek, even the rights.

If it's 100% confirmed Nisky refuses to sign in Pit, I would be okay with his rights for Hemskys.
No team will ever trade the rights of a player they are trying to sign. This trade is obviously contingent on that.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:04 PM
SEALBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Benoit Bawls View Post
No team will ever trade the rights of a player they are trying to sign. This trade is obviously contingent on that.
What I'm getting at is that Pens have no use for the rights to Michalek. We have no business pursuing him...so why would be trade our break out dman for him?

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:27 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
What I'm getting at is that Pens have no use for the rights to Michalek. We have no business pursuing him...so why would be trade our break out dman for him?
Well, thats an entirely different story. Makes sense, though.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:49 PM
That1Kid

Would rather just get a pick for his rights. As mentioned above, I'd take Hemsky's rights for Nisky's rights though.

That1Kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Michalek is not what we need in a winger - we need creativity and/or grit with the ability to score in hard areas. I'd rather retain Nisky.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:56 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Michalek is not what we need in a winger - we need creativity and/or grit with the ability to score in hard areas. I'd rather retain Nisky.
This is the only area Michalek scores from, FWIW. I think the Sens really want to retain him for under 4mil, and if not Pittsburgh could probably sign him anyways. I also dont think the Sens would have any interest in Niskanen, we'd have 9 DMen on 1-way contracts if we signed him.

Old
05-03-2014, 06:30 PM
That1Kid

Quote:
This is the only area Michalek scores from, FWIW. I think the Sens really want to retain him for under 4mil, and if not Pittsburgh could probably sign him anyways. I also dont think the Sens would have any interest in Niskanen, we'd have 9 DMen on 1-way contracts if we signed him.
Someone on the Pens board described Kunitz and Neal as leaches (which is spot on, despite both of them being good scorers), we need players that can create on their own like Hemsky. Even though he's sorta soft and injury prone, he'd fit well on the Kunitz-Crosby line. As far as not needing Niskanen, that's another story we're just responding to OP.

That1Kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
The "grit" part isn't detachable. I'm talking about a Simmonds or Lucic type for wars of attrition, which really isn't what Michalek's about.

Old
05-03-2014, 07:09 PM
wgknestrick

Why would Z Michalek's brother go to PIT after what PIT (Bylsma/Shero) did to Z? (trading him for nothing after he wanted to leave the org).

Milan would never sign with PIT, IMO. Value is there, but don't forget the past.

wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Why would Z Michalek's brother go to PIT after what PIT (Bylsma/Shero) did to Z? (trading him for nothing after he wanted to leave the org).

Milan would never sign with PIT, IMO. Value is there, but don't forget the past.
The idea that Z wanted to leave was refuted by a recent article, and Shero essentially traded him to the team of his choice, which is probably why he got a paltry return.

I don't see why there'd be any hard feelings from his brother.

Old
05-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1Kid View Post
Someone on the Pens board described Kunitz and Neal as leaches (which is spot on, despite both of them being good scorers), we need players that can create on their own like Hemsky. Even though he's sorta soft and injury prone, he'd fit well on the Kunitz-Crosby line. As far as not needing Niskanen, that's another story we're just responding to OP.
Hemsky is not soft. He's not gritty or a hitter... but he'll take hits all day long to make the play - then get injured for doing so. When I think of soft, I think of the guy who won't block a shot, won't take a hit and never make's a hit. Now Hemsky rarely blocks a shot and rarely hits. But he doesn't shy away from contact and does take hits.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post

So because his brother was moved - to the team of his choice, which is why they received nothing in return - because it wasn't really working out, Michalek who's a forward and not a D like his bother wouldn't want to go there? If there's any way for a struggling offensive forward to find their offensive game, I would think it would be on the wing of two of the best centers in the game...

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:52 PM
derriko

If the Sens re-sign Bobby Ryan this summer and the top 6 is set , how about Matt Puempel for one of the Pens d prospects?

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:56 PM
SensNation613

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
If the Sens re-sign Bobby Ryan this summer and the top 6 is set , how about Matt Puempel for one of the Pens d prospects?
I probably wouldn't do it, guy is pretty good and has played great at every level he's been at. I do like Despres but I don't think he's worth Puempel. He would have been a top 10 pick that year if he wasn't injured IMO.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
It'd be worth exploring. Depends on how our defense situation plays out over the summer too.

Old
05-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Niskanen on Ottawa is my ideal scenario

I'd give up a lot to get him on the Senators

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
Niskanen on Ottawa is my ideal scenario

I'd give up a lot to get him on the Senators
Just say "Lazar" and we'll make it happen.