HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potential Offseason Acquisitions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2014, 12:35 PM
  #1026
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Going to be a wild off season think its going to be a big WOW didn't see that coming to what hextall does cause he has to do something.
I don't think he will do anything major.

He will find a decent backup and a bottom pairing defender, maybe an upgrade for the 4th line.

If he learned one thing in LA, it's probably patience.

dookie88 is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 01:08 PM
  #1027
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage Kage View Post
If rather trade vinny and cousins+ for a defensemen, simmonds a voracek play a vital role in the team
I'd love to see what AHL defenseman we get in return for Vinny in that trade.

Stizzle is online now  
Old
05-31-2014, 01:42 PM
  #1028
kelmitchell
Registered User
 
kelmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newark Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I'd love to see what AHL defenseman we get in return for Vinny in that trade.
you all really undervalue vinny he broke his back kept getting tossed around the line up and still put up 20 goals but yea he's not worth anything.....

kelmitchell is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 01:50 PM
  #1029
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
it will be near impossible to trade him, so I wouldn't get your hopes up

No it wont. I don't understand why people believe this when Scott Gomez was traded.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 03:13 PM
  #1030
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
I don't think he will do anything major.

He will find a decent backup and a bottom pairing defender, maybe an upgrade for the 4th line.

If he learned one thing in LA, it's probably patience.
The most he will go is get a top line winger. See how the market for that goes in UFA and via trade. I don't think he will or really needs to be that aggressive in that area. I'm thinking schenn gets pushed out by Laughton and lands on the first line where he turns into a 35 goal scorer with G and jake.

I'd also like to see what vinny does after rehabbing his core.

The only players think have to go are Hartnell and Grossmann and even if they stayed it wouldn't be the end of the world.

TheKingPin is online now  
Old
05-31-2014, 03:14 PM
  #1031
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
you all really undervalue vinny he broke his back kept getting tossed around the line up and still put up 20 goals but yea he's not worth anything.....
The reason he kept getting tossed around the lineup was because he stunk every single place he went. He was given chance after chance to succeed. He was flat out incapable of being the 2C. You have to play defense to be a C. He was exposed even against the easiest of assignments. Don't give us the poor Vinny routine. He was given many chances just on name value. The guy is a bum. Look at the stats of his linemates with, and without him. It's a ****ing joke. I don't give 2 ***** if he scored 20 goals. When you are given the easiest minutes, and good linemates, you better ****ing score a little bit. If Matt Read, for example, was given Vinnys minutes, he would have scored 30+ and not gotten hemmed in the defensive zone every other shift.

Stizzle is online now  
Old
05-31-2014, 03:20 PM
  #1032
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 34,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
The most he will go is get a top line winger. See how the market for that goes in UFA and via trade. I don't think he will or really needs to be that aggressive in that area. I'm thinking schenn gets pushed out by Laughton and lands on the first line where he turns into a 35 goal scorer with G and jake.

I'd also like to see what vinny does after rehabbing his core.

The only players think have to go are Hartnell and Grossmann and even if they stayed it wouldn't be the end of the world.
I can't see Hartnell being shipped out this offseason simply because there's no depth behind him on the left side.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
  #1033
Random Forest
aka hockeyfreak7
 
Random Forest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,546
vCash: 500
Tomas Hyka is poised to become a UFA if anyone's still interested.

Random Forest is online now  
Old
05-31-2014, 04:07 PM
  #1034
Striiker
I hate zebras
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
you all really undervalue vinny he broke his back kept getting tossed around the line up and still put up 20 goals but yea he's not worth anything.....
Did you watch any games this season?

Striiker is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 04:25 PM
  #1035
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Tomas Hyka is poised to become a UFA if anyone's still interested.
No? He isn't a Hall of Famer yet? Sign him quick before another GM realizes what HFBoards has known since Homer bungled that situation!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 06:25 PM
  #1036
Hip Of Rick*
Snow Must Go!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,145
vCash: 50
Is Timonen coming back next year or its still in the air?

Hip Of Rick* is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 07:43 PM
  #1037
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Is Timonen coming back next year or its still in the air?
Still in the air.

Stizzle is online now  
Old
05-31-2014, 07:55 PM
  #1038
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Oh God What's This
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 72,513
vCash: 500
We're gonna move on to Part 2.

__________________
Saturday night, I like to raise a little harm. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.