HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Which "core" player from losing teams most likely to be moved

View Poll Results: which is the most likely "core" player that the team would willingly move this OS
CBJ: A. Anisimov 15 11.36%
TBL: T. Johnson 6 4.55%
PHI: B. Schenn 60 45.45%
STL: T.J. Oshie 3 2.27%
SJS: L. Couture 1 0.76%
COL: G. Landeskog 0 0%
DET: G. Nyquist 1 0.76%
PHI: S. Couturier 6 4.55%
STL: A. Steen 11 8.33%
SJS: B. Burns 29 21.97%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-04-2014, 12:15 PM
CrypTic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Easily B.Schenn. In retrospect, Flyers likely should have sent Schenn, Couturier, Meszaros, and picks for Weber. Also, Sharks are crazy if they trade Burns or Couture ahead of Marleau or Thornton to shakeup their roster.

Thornton and Marleau have full NMCs. Sure, they might waive them but the Sharks' trading options are going to be pretty limited with either of them, I'd think. A more minor, but still significant, issue is that Marleau seems to have been mentoring Nieto and Marleau and Couture are joined at the hip so it's not clear how Couture would fare without him, especially on a shutdown line. Likewise, it seems like Joe has taken Hertl under his wing and Thornton and Burns are tightly paired.

Couture is still young and I think he'll improve (if only because he was injured for so much of this season) so I'd like to not trade him but he is one of the few core players without a NTC/NMC. (According to capgeek, Burns has a modified NTC, whatever that means in this particular case.)

CrypTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:28 PM
OzzyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypTic View Post
Thornton and Marleau have full NMCs. Sure, they might waive them but the Sharks' trading options are going to be pretty limited with either of them, I'd think. A more minor, but still significant, issue is that Marleau seems to have been mentoring Nieto and Marleau and Couture are joined at the hip so it's not clear how Couture would fare without him, especially on a shutdown line. Likewise, it seems like Joe has taken Hertl under his wing and Thornton and Burns are tightly paired.

Couture is still young and I think he'll improve (if only because he was injured for so much of this season) so I'd like to not trade him but he is one of the few core players without a NTC/NMC. (According to capgeek, Burns has a modified NTC, whatever that means in this particular case.)
Damn. Sticky situation. Personally, depending if they think the window is closing or not(given Marleau/Thornton's age), Hertl may have to be in play. It's far from ideal, but if he is/could be the main piece in bringing back a top pair d-man, it's something to think about. Sharks are so so so deep at forward.

OzzyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Ceremony
SKYLERWHITEBESTWHITE

vCash: 50
Of these options, one of the Philadelphia centres, probably.

05-04-2014, 12:54 PM
CrypTic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyFan View Post
Damn. Sticky situation. Personally, depending if they think the window is closing or not(given Marleau/Thornton's age), Hertl may have to be in play. It's far from ideal, but if he is/could be the main piece in bringing back a top pair d-man, it's something to think about. Sharks are so so so deep at forward.
It's an idea (especially because we haven't really seen Hertl play at full health since he returned from his knee injury, though there should be no lingering effects with his particular injury) but I don't think Doug Wilson would trade him. So unless DW gets fired, I don't think Hertl will be traded this summer. Sharks are deep at forward, especially natural centers, and are thin at defense, especially since Boyle's concussion. I think that's why so many Sharks' fans want to trade someone(s) for D, especially a LH PMD and a PPQB. I think DW will try to shop many of the forwards and see what he can get. He's a notorious tire-kicker anyway and now we really need one or two top 4 D.

Edit to add: They might also move Burns back to D. I don't think they will, it's not a good idea to repeatedly move a player from D to F (and vice versa) but it's a possibility.

Last edited by CrypTic: 05-04-2014 at 01:10 PM.
CrypTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Nazemlupul

Easily Schenn probably both but I dunno if you'd really consider Luke a core peice

Nazemlupul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Degenerate View Post
People keep making excuses. How many playoff series wins does he have under his belt? If he's not moved, I'd like to at least see him stripped of the captaincy. It's about time Bordy got his due and donned the C.
Epic troll job right here.

No one picked up on the sarcasm!

Bordeleau should absolutely be the next Captain!

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:19 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
Easily Schenn probably both but I dunno if you'd really consider Luke a core peice
By both do you mean the Schenn's right? Not couts? Couts is going absolutely nowhere.

Luke is not a core piece. Frankly, Coburn is our only defenseman I would consider a core piece, maybe Streit, but that will change in a couple years. Luke however, was our 2nd best defenseman in the playoffs.

Although I do think out of all the players mentioned Schenn is the most likely to be moved. I think Homer will stick with them for another year at least.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Probably none, but Blues might send Oshie or Steen for an upgrade if they can't bring in a free agent.

05-04-2014, 04:47 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

I could see TB moving Johnson but only for an established player in his prime.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Love

Of all the options listed, probably Schenn.

Overall Kesler is probably the most likely core player to be moved this off season.

Love is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 03:50 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer View Post
No man, he's right. I think he should get traded to Vancouver for a bag of pucks.
Nashville will add Rich Clune and MDZ to that bag of pucks for him to come to Nashville...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Why list Landeskog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
COL: G. Landeskog
It's not that Landeskog played bad, just that he should have done much more given what his regular seasons, and his skill-level (that we plainly can see) would indicate. All of these players are high-value players, but also ones that did not perform as well in the playoffs this year as we might have expected, and certainly were a down-grade on their reg season performance.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 12:07 AM
cgf
Aves Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
It's not that Landeskog played bad, just that he should have done much more given what his regular seasons, and his skill-level (that we plainly can see) would indicate. All of these players are high-value players, but also ones that did not perform as well in the playoffs this year as we might have expected, and certainly were a down-grade on their reg season performance.
Agreeed, I wonder if we could get Yak for him? Now that's a guy who's not just a good a third liner...

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote