HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Hayes: Now a Free Agent (Signed with NYR)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2014, 03:17 AM
  #76
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,637
vCash: 50
Does Gallant being named head coach have any impact on him signing here? Probably not, but he keeps favouriting all Chicago fan tweets that trash him, so I hope we have enough to lure him from Calgary because he isn't signing in Chi.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline  
Old
06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
  #77
Shockley
#CatsAreComing
 
Shockley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Does Gallant being named head coach have any impact on him signing here? Probably not, but he keeps favouriting all Chicago fan tweets that trash him, so I hope we have enough to lure him from Calgary because he isn't signing in Chi.
Just took a look at his favorites, that's great

Hopefully we can sign him!

Shockley is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 03:10 PM
  #78
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,637
vCash: 50
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 23s
Hayes won't attend Hawks prospect camp




ucanthanzalthetruth is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 05:13 PM
  #79
Juggernaut27
#CatsHasCupNow?
 
Juggernaut27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
ESPN Chicago ‏@ESPNChiHawks 23s
Hayes won't attend Hawks prospect camp




Come on, Khayes. Snowy Calgary and a division the Flames aren't getting out of for years or sunny Florida with your brother and a team on the edge of breaking out?

We need a Twitter campaign.

#2Hayes1Cup

Juggernaut27 is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 05:33 PM
  #80
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace
 
IM Clutcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Manteno, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut27 View Post
Come on, Khayes. Snowy Calgary and a division the Flames aren't getting out of for years or sunny Florida with your brother and a team on the edge of breaking out?

We need a Twitter campaign.

#2Hayes1Cup
Unless two wingers are moved, I can't see him coming here.

IM Clutcm is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 05:48 PM
  #81
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,016
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
Unless two wingers are moved, I can't see him coming here.
It depends if he's willing to spend one year in the AHL, he'd almost have a guaranteed roster spot next year when Fleischmann, Kopecky, Upshall and possibly Bergenheim are gone. Only one of that group that's worth re-signing is Bergy and his status (as a mentor to Barkov) is kind of in the air now with Jokinen arriving.

Calgary would be the safer bet for a direct route, but then again, Corban Knight went there for the same reason and he still ended up in the AHL.

SoupyFIN is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
  #82
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace
 
IM Clutcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Manteno, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
It depends if he's willing to spend one year in the AHL, he'd almost have a guaranteed roster spot next year when Fleischmann, Kopecky, Upshall and possibly Bergenheim are gone. Only one of that group that's worth re-signing is Bergy and his status (as a mentor to Barkov) is kind of in the air now with Jokinen arriving.

Calgary would be the safer bet for a direct route, but then again, Corban Knight went there for the same reason and he still ended up in the AHL.
With how the situation has played out, I can't see him coming to a team without a guarantee he's going to be on the NHL roster this year. I'd love to be wrong. I think a year in the AHL would be good for him, but it seems unlikely he accepts anything less than an NHL roster spot.

IM Clutcm is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 06:25 PM
  #83
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,016
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
With how the situation has played out, I can't see him coming to a team without a guarantee he's going to be on the NHL roster this year. I'd love to be wrong. I think a year in the AHL would be good for him, but it seems unlikely he accepts anything less than an NHL roster spot.
I don't think there's a single team that would just hand him an NHL spot, he'd have to beat some guys in training camp, wherever he goes.

Calgary is one of the more easier ways to make that a reality, but nothing is guaranteed like I pointed out with case Knight.

SoupyFIN is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 06:28 PM
  #84
Juggernaut27
#CatsHasCupNow?
 
Juggernaut27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
Unless two wingers are moved, I can't see him coming here.
I'm pretty sure at least Flash is gone and we really need the RW depth. But. Who knows.

All that talk and no one liked my hash tag?

Juggernaut27 is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
  #85
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Dr Beinfest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Leicester, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
We should acquire the other Shore brother and them we can ice a team of good ol American Hayes and Shore boys.

Dr Beinfest is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
  #86
IM Clutcm
#SpaceyInSpace
 
IM Clutcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Manteno, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut27 View Post
I'm pretty sure at least Flash is gone and we really need the RW depth. But. Who knows.

All that talk and no one liked my hash tag?
Ha, I liked it. I'm not on Twitter, though. I can't do much to help out there!

IM Clutcm is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 06:55 PM
  #87
Juggernaut27
#CatsHasCupNow?
 
Juggernaut27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
Ha, I liked it. I'm not on Twitter, though. I can't do much to help out there!
I tried. No response from Hayes.

Clearly my cleverness will win him over...

Juggernaut27 is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 08:11 PM
  #88
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Dr Beinfest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Leicester, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut27 View Post
I'm pretty sure at least Flash is gone and we really need the RW depth. But. Who knows.

All that talk and no one liked my hash tag?
I gotcha.

Dr Beinfest is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 09:51 PM
  #89
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,637
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
It depends if he's willing to spend one year in the AHL, he'd almost have a guaranteed roster spot next year when Fleischmann, Kopecky, Upshall and possibly Bergenheim are gone. Only one of that group that's worth re-signing is Bergy and his status (as a mentor to Barkov) is kind of in the air now with Jokinen arriving.

Calgary would be the safer bet for a direct route, but then again, Corban Knight went there for the same reason and he still ended up in the AHL.
Wouldn't even have to wait that long, if they're out of it by March Flash and Upshall will be moved easily (assuming they are healthy).

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline  
Old
07-08-2014, 10:07 PM
  #90
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Dr Beinfest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Leicester, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
I imagine there's a spot for him on opening night if he can earn it.

Dr Beinfest is offline  
Old
07-09-2014, 04:55 AM
  #91
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Wouldn't even have to wait that long, if they're out of it by March Flash and Upshall will be moved easily (assuming they are healthy).
and if they're not healthy, he'd be the call up

gudzilla is offline  
Old
07-09-2014, 08:46 AM
  #92
iam76
Registered User
 
iam76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,729
vCash: 500
from what i saw of the kid.. he could use a little time.... but i was very impressed.. his game is very NHL...by that i mean big with skill

iam76 is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 02:41 AM
  #93
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,637
vCash: 50
Just to clarify as well, I think I made a mistake when I said he wants to play this year. I think his main reason for wanting to leave Chi is that he'd be stuck back on the depth chart for years, whereas he'd make the team by next year at the latest here.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 09:26 AM
  #94
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Just to clarify as well, I think I made a mistake when I said he wants to play this year. I think his main reason for wanting to leave Chi is that he'd be stuck back on the depth chart for years, whereas he'd make the team by next year at the latest here.
top6 in chicago is impossible to break as a winger lol

you need to outperform some of the best wingers in the entire league

gudzilla is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 10:25 AM
  #95
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,963
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudzilla View Post
top6 in chicago is impossible to break as a winger lol

you need to outperform some of the best wingers in the entire league
Yea, but they're going to be forced to trade at least 1 top 6 winger eventually.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 03:07 PM
  #96
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
perfect scenario if we do sign him, is that he plays in the ahl this season, and once the contracts for flash, kopecky, and upshall all run out next season he comes in and we run a K.Hayes-MacKenzie-J.Hayes 4th line. the hayes brothers could potentially slot next to bolland on the 3rd, but i want bergy extended and id rather him in that spot.

FrolikFan67 is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 04:24 PM
  #97
I am not exposed
Registered User
 
I am not exposed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 11,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
perfect scenario if we do sign him, is that he plays in the ahl this season, and once the contracts for flash, kopecky, and upshall all run out next season he comes in and we run a K.Hayes-MacKenzie-J.Hayes 4th line. the hayes brothers could potentially slot next to bolland on the 3rd, but i want bergy extended and id rather him in that spot.
I think if that is what we're offering him, then he goes to Calgary.

Actually, I reckon he will go to Calgary.

I am not exposed is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 04:35 PM
  #98
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,637
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudzilla View Post
top6 in chicago is impossible to break as a winger lol

you need to outperform some of the best wingers in the entire league
Indeed, that was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickBjugstad View Post
I think if that is what we're offering him, then he goes to Calgary.

Actually, I reckon he will go to Calgary.
I don't know the Flames that well, but I imagine the Gaudreau line will be broken up anyways. I still think he lands here, but the Flames board all thinks he'll land there, so who knows. A team like Nashville or Buffalo might even swoop in.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline  
Old
07-14-2014, 06:20 PM
  #99
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Dr Beinfest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Leicester, UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Yea, but they're going to be forced to trade at least 1 top 6 winger eventually.
Even so...

There's still guys like Jeremy Morin in the Blackhawks system. Immense amount of competition for little space.

Dr Beinfest is offline  
Old
08-11-2014, 09:25 AM
  #100
Chaos2k7
Registered User
 
Chaos2k7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
So I believe Friay the 15th is the dealine for Chicago to sign this kid, are we still in the running to sign him once he does not agree to terms with them?

Anybody hear anything further about this?


Last edited by Chaos2k7: 08-11-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Chaos2k7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.