HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Hayes: Now a Free Agent (Signed with NYR)

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2014, 10:55 AM
IM Clutcm
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post
So I believe Friay the 15th is the dealine for Chicago to sign this kid, are we still in the running to sign him once he does not agree to terms with them?

Anybody hear anything further about this?
I've seen the "experts" say tons of different teams as the favorites. I heard Boston and Pittsburgh at one time, Nashville and Colorado at another time, and the Rangers are also said to be interested. I may have completely missed the articles/news with this information, but the two teams I haven't seen many of the experts mention are the Panthers and the Flames. I'm kind of convinced that no one really knows where he's going and they are all trying to be the first one to break the news.

Old
08-11-2014, 11:18 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
No one knows where Hayes is going yet because that would be considered tampering by NHL standards. As unlikely it is that he'd sign there anymore, Chicago still owns his rights just like any other drafted player.

Old
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
No one knows where Hayes is going yet because that would be considered tampering by NHL standards. As unlikely it is that he'd sign there anymore, Chicago still owns his rights just like any other drafted player.
I'd still love to think that his brother has a serious case for him coming here. I'm still expecting some dump trades during the preseason, and while it seems we have the same kind of roster spot logjam the Hawks have, Tallon could possibly talk him into having some patience until they actually happen?

Old
08-11-2014, 11:53 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
That is until this coming Friday...then he becomes a UFA and can sign anywhere he wants. But your point is really good, its tampering for other teams so they cant even inquire with his agent.

Usually news gets out either via the teams or the agents about where a player is going. In this scenario, there is no sources to leak that news. There can only be speculation and there has been speculation about the Panthers landing him because of his brother being here and the opportunity we gave him and Calgary to re-unite with his college teammates. Until after Friday, we wont really know what his interests really are and it could come within a few days I would bet that he's signed.

Old
08-11-2014, 11:53 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM Clutcm View Post
I've seen the "experts" say tons of different teams as the favorites. I heard Boston and Pittsburgh at one time, Nashville and Colorado at another time, and the Rangers are also said to be interested. I may have completely missed the articles/news with this information, but the two teams I haven't seen many of the experts mention are the Panthers and the Flames. I'm kind of convinced that no one really knows where he's going and they are all trying to be the first one to break the news.
As SoupyFIN said, they can't tamper. "Experts" don't usually consider us in the first place!

Old
08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
If I was Tallon, I would have offered the Hawks a late round pick, had him come to development camp to see what he has, then gone from there. I assume he would have been able to attend the development camp, even if he wasn't signed, no?

Old
08-11-2014, 01:33 PM
PBPantherfan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
If I was Tallon, I would have offered the Hawks a late round pick, had him come to development camp to see what he has, then gone from there. I assume he would have been able to attend the development camp, even if he wasn't signed, no?
Don't think Chicago would trade him for a low round pick when they get a 2nd rounder if he doesn't sign.

Old
08-11-2014, 01:33 PM
klabob

Quote:
He knows he's going to get sign at the max amount he can get. So playing in development camp unsigned would be foolish since an injury could make him lose a lot of money.

Old
08-11-2014, 03:11 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Panthers Postseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post
So I believe Friay the 15th is the dealine for Chicago to sign this kid, are we still in the running to sign him once he does not agree to terms with them?

Anybody hear anything further about this?
I've heard like 8 different teams mentioned, from Florida to Nashville to NYR to Calgary, it's anyone's guess. We'll find out soon enough.

Quote:
Florida would have to give up their 2nd round pick to get his rights, I don't think anyone would want to do that trade. (Chi is comp'd the 54th pick next year by the NHL if Hayes doesn't sign, so Florida would have to offer their second round pick, which will definitely be lower than 54.)

Old
08-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Catsfan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
I've heard like 8 different teams mentioned, from Florida to Nashville to NYR to Calgary, it's anyone's guess. We'll find out soon enough.

Florida would have to give up their 2nd round pick to get his rights, I don't think anyone would want to do that trade. (Chi is comp'd the 54th pick next year by the NHL if Hayes doesn't sign, so Florida would have to offer their second round pick, which will definitely be lower than 54.)
I believe the bolded is incorrect, iirc, compensation picks are just added as a 31st pick to the round, but in the middle in this case. So Chicago would get the pick and we (or whoever signs him) wouldn't give up anything.

Old
08-11-2014, 04:57 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
I believe the bolded is incorrect, iirc, compensation picks are just added as a 31st pick to the round, but in the middle in this case. So Chicago would get the pick and we (or whoever signs him) wouldn't give up anything.
No what he's saying is that Chicago wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd rounder for his rights since when he doesn't sign, they will automatically get a 2nd rounder as compensation from the league. The pick will be 54 because that was the spot he was drafted in the first round (#24 I believe) and that's how the CBA defined the compensation for losing a 1st round selection due to not signing.

Old
08-11-2014, 05:05 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
hanzal's point was that to make it worth it for Chicago to trade Hayes, they'd need a 2nd round pick coming back, since they're (or whoever else owns his rights before Hayes turns UFA) guaranteed the 54th (Hayes was picked 24th overall, hence the compensation pick being 30+24=54) pick. If the proposed trade happened (unlikely at this point), Florida would end up with the compensation pick.

edit: basically what Coolburn already said ^.

Old
08-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Catsfan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
No what he's saying is that Chicago wouldn't trade him for less than a 2nd rounder for his rights since when he doesn't sign, they will automatically get a 2nd rounder as compensation from the league. The pick will be 54 because that was the spot he was drafted in the first round (#24 I believe) and that's how the CBA defined the compensation for losing a 1st round selection due to not signing.

Quote:
hanzal's point was that to make it worth it for Chicago to trade Hayes, they'd need a 2nd round pick coming back, since they're (or whoever else owns his rights before Hayes turns UFA) guaranteed the 54th (Hayes was picked 24th overall, hence the compensation pick being 30+24=54) pick. If the proposed trade happened (unlikely at this point), Florida would end up with the compensation pick.

Thanks guys, totally missed that lol, thought he was saying that was the compensation, not the value to get him, I misread it and admit to that mistake. Carry on lol.

Old
08-11-2014, 07:22 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Panthers Postseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Quote:

Thanks guys I was going to reply earlier, but Robin Williams' death had me too rattled.

Old
08-16-2014, 02:45 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Panthers Postseason?

So today was the last day he could sign with the Hawks, he's a F/A as of midnight.

For anyone saying he's overhyped, it's a pretty quiet time right now, and it's essentially a free first round draft pick who's shown a bit of promise, I wouldn't have very high expectations, but it's better than nothing lol.

Last edited by ucanthanzalthetruth: 08-16-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old
08-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Panthers607
#CatsAreComing

**** this guy, who does he think he is?

Last edited by SoupyFIN: 08-16-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: filter
Old
08-16-2014, 10:09 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysbreakdown View Post
**** this guy, who does he think he is?
A wise player that wants a chance to make the NHL sooner than later? He would have been in the same situation as Pirri was.

Old
08-16-2014, 10:49 AM
IM Clutcm
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
A wise player that wants a chance to make the NHL sooner than later? He would have been in the same situation as Pirri was.
Exactly. The kid shouldn't be forced to accept an AHL role and salary for at least two years when he can get a real shot at the NHL right away.

Old
08-17-2014, 12:33 AM
IM Clutcm
#CatsAreComing

I haven't seen the Panthers mentioned in any of the reports since he became a free agent. I've seen Boston, Colorado, Phoenix, Calgary, and the Rangers. He doesn't have much of a shot at the NHL roster with this team until the trade deadline (if everything goes to Hell), and I'm sure he's looking for an immediate NHL job. I don't have Twitter, so I'm not sure if there's any other information floating around.

Old
08-18-2014, 11:23 AM
iam76

i still hope were in on the kid... he would be our #1 right wing prospect basically... After watching him over the year i would take that risk.

Old
08-18-2014, 11:30 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Danny Picard @DannyPicard

As I reported Saturday on WEEI, the #Bruins are trying to sign Kevin Hayes, and are one of 5 teams that will talk to him & his agent today.
Quote:
Danny Picard ‏@DannyPicard

Those sources also tell me the 5 teams in mix for Kevin Hayes that talk to him today are: Colorado, Nashville, #Bruins, Pittsburgh, & NYR.
Quote:
Danny Picard
@DannyPicard

Sports-talk radio host, sports writer, with some TV mixed in. Born & raised in South Boston. Co-creator, 363: Road to the Southie 3-on-3. #ImJustSayin
No idea on the credibility of this person.

Old
08-18-2014, 11:44 AM
IM Clutcm
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
No idea on the credibility of this person.
Seems to be consistent with what everyone else has been reporting, but I find it odd that Calgary isn't a finalist (if true).

Old
08-18-2014, 12:08 PM
iam76

Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: Source confirms that the Bruins have interest in UFA Kevin Hayes. Hayes is looking for a situation where he could compete for an NHL roster spot this season. That wouldnít happen in Chicago. Jarome Iginla and Shawn Thornton leaving the Bruins has opened up a forward roster spot or two, and with Hayes getting a entry-level deal, it could work financially as well. The Panthers and Flames are said to be among the teams interested in him. The Panthers have his brother Jimmy, and he has former college linemates in Calgary. Sources several weeks ago said the Predators and Avalanche were also interested. Other teams that have been mentioned include the Rangers, Coyotes and Penguins.

Old
08-18-2014, 12:26 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 615
He's not coming here.

Just does not make sense for him compared to the other teams available

Old
08-18-2014, 12:55 PM
iam76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
He's not coming here.

Just does not make sense for him compared to the other teams available
because??? our right wings are better and head of him? i don't think they are.

he needs to earn it on any team. So i don't buy the whole promise some kid top line minutes...

so that leaves him wanting to play for a "contender" "his bro with no taxes" or "his college friends"

if we are in on him those two reasons i mentioned are plenty good enough reasons...

now he may not want to take mins away from his bro... out shine him... etc..

Closed Thread