HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part XI

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2014, 02:43 AM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Getting a playoff choker won't solve our playoff problems. I'm not giving significant assets for someone who has major question marks about his playoff performances. Berglund+pick/mid-prospects is something I would do, but I wouldn't support giving significant assets for him.

Thornton's playoff production translates to about 60 points over an 82 game season. Drastically under his regular season production. For comparison, Toews and Kane produce on par with their regular season production.

For a comparison that hits more at home, Thornton's decrease in production from regular season to playoffs is nearly identical to Tkachuk's decrease. We don't need another Tkachuk.
And Sobotka will never come close to that production.

Sorry but anybody who wouldn't trade Sobotka's "gumption" for elite level talent is exactly why this franchise will never win a cup with that kind of thinking.

Don't care if Thornton is 35, he'll still be miles better than Sobotka for at least the next 4 years.

Sobotka and Rattie is not that high of a package. It's a 3rd-line center and a decent prospect... Lol. If we can't sign Stastny, you're not going to get a good center with a lesser package than that. Period.

Old
05-08-2014, 05:39 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
And Sobotka will never come close to that production.

Sorry but anybody who wouldn't trade Sobotka's "gumption" for elite level talent is exactly why this franchise will never win a cup with that kind of thinking.

Don't care if Thornton is 35, he'll still be miles better than Sobotka for at least the next 4 years.

Sobotka and Rattie is not that high of a package. It's a 3rd-line center and a decent prospect... Lol. If we can't sign Stastny, you're not going to get a good center with a lesser package than that. Period.
I have to agree with this.

Old
05-08-2014, 07:31 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
I'm not saying Sobotka is worth anything crazy, just more of Thornton not being the guy and I'm not moving Rattie for him.

Old
05-08-2014, 08:10 AM
91reasonsYouLose
NHL refs are morons

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
That's what us fans are wondering. Doug Wilson said status quo is not acceptable... top players didn't perform (duh) and young players would be getting big roles. Many fans feel it's time to move on, and it seems Wilson may consider that if Joe agreed to a trade as well.

The Blues are a great fit for him.

Everything you mentioned is true about Joe. And the good thing is the Blues have an established leadership core and Joe wouldn't have the burden of being The Man.

Thornton for Rattie and Sobotka? Rather have him than Berglund.
But Joe and Pat just sign new fatass deals (by STL small market standards) that both include NMC and NTC's. So how do you get someone like Joe, who took less money because he wanted to finish his career a Shark to waive his NMC/NTC?

Old
05-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'm not saying Sobotka is worth anything crazy, just more of Thornton not being the guy and I'm not moving Rattie for him.
I agree, there's no way I move Rattie in a deal for Thornton. He isn't the player this team needs. They shouldn't be after a 35 year old with a couple good years left, they should go after a young, essentially more expensive stud like Kadri or Stepan.

Old
05-08-2014, 03:28 PM
BlueDream

Joe Thornton's playoff production is the same as Pavel Datsyuk's.

Old
05-08-2014, 03:31 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

We don't need to add Joe Tkachuk to this team.

Old
05-08-2014, 03:32 PM
BlueDream

Considering he blows every other forward on this team out of the water in terms of point production, yes I would take him.

I just don't get the pickiness of some players. Yeah he hasn't won a cup, I still don't understand why all of that is pinned on him. What has any player on our team done that is even remotely close to what Thornton has done in the playoffs? We don't have anyone that has even come close to accomplishing anything, or producing much at all when it matters. If we can get a good deal for him, you don't pass on that big of an upgrade, IMO. He's still one of the best centers in the game. Obviously I wouldn't overpay for him though because of his age.

Old
05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If he was 30 or younger, I'd take a chance, but he's at the end of his career and any season now his production will drop like a rock. I'm not moving significant assets for him.

Old
05-08-2014, 03:39 PM
BlueDream

I agree not significant assets for him. But I don't consider Sobotka significant. Rattie...maybe, but I still think that's a pretty cheap price (granted, I think Doug Wilson will probably ask for more than an HFBoards poster so this could be a moot point).

I'm pretty much fine with anyone (Spezza, Thornton, Pavelski, etc) as long as the price is right. We just desperately need more skill up front.

Old
05-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

I really, really hope this team stays away from the aged veterans like Spezza, Staal, and Thornton, and I hope they get a young guy like Stepan or Kadri.

Old
05-08-2014, 04:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I agree not significant assets for him. But I don't consider Sobotka significant. Rattie...maybe, but I still think that's a pretty cheap price (granted, I think Doug Wilson will probably ask for more than an HFBoards poster so this could be a moot point).

I'm pretty much fine with anyone (Spezza, Thornton, Pavelski, etc) as long as the price is right. We just desperately need more skill up front.
I didn't say Sobotka was the deal breaker, but Rattie is. Maybe I wasn't clear enough on that.

Old
05-09-2014, 03:45 AM
Kshahdoo

What about Tarasenko, Sobotka, Berglund for both Staals, and then Shattenkirk for Nyquist? Sure, losing Tarasenko sucks, but Staal-Backes-Staal down the middle... And Nyquist isn't bad at all.

Old
05-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Mzeppelin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
What about Tarasenko, Sobotka, Berglund for both Staals, and then Shattenkirk for Nyquist? Sure, losing Tarasenko sucks, but Staal-Backes-Staal down the middle... And Nyquist isn't bad at all.

No. Not only is that a bad idea but we couldn't afford that

Old
05-09-2014, 11:05 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
In an objective perspective, it would work great and I am a big Nyquist fan, but we have 3 truly untouchables IMO, and they are Petro, Schwartz, and Tarasenko. Guys like Backes, Steen, Oshie, and Bouwmeester are on that next tier of extremely, extremely unlikely.

Old
05-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

I highly doubt the Wings trade Nyquist, let alone for Shattenkirk which is already a strength on their team (puck-moving D.)

Old
05-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Am I alone in having zero interest in Jordan Staal?

Old
05-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Dbrownss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
<raises hand>

Old
05-11-2014, 10:01 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
I'd have interest because he's a great two-way forward, but not for what they'd want. 10x6 contract is a bit concerning as well. He's no better than Backes. He wouldn't be my first choice by any means.

Old
05-12-2014, 12:44 AM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Not at all. Eric is the true stud that could make Schwartz and Tarasenko look that much better. If we strike out on Stastny, I want Eric to be plan B.

Old
05-12-2014, 02:46 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrownss View Post
<raises hand>
Raises my hand.

Meanwhile in Ottawa:

Not surprising, the captain of the Ottawa Senators could be on the move this off-season.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, Jason Spezza is "very much in play on the NHL trade market."

McKenzie says the rumors stem in part from Spezza's exit interview with the Senators this season when he reportedly informed Ottawa ownership that he may look favorably on a move.

The 30-year-old had 23 goals and 43 assists for 66 points in 75 games played this season.

Spezza, who has played his entire 12-year career in the nation's capital, has a year left on his seven-year, $49 million contract signed ahead of the 2008-09 season.

Old
05-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Felix

Send a message via ICQ to Felix
I'd make a strog push to get Spezza
+ Sign Stasty in ideal scenario

Then Backes could be moved to RW and Oshie would become expandable (possibly dealt to acquire another D in case we loose Shatty in the deal for Spezza)
But that is only dreams so far...

Old
05-12-2014, 08:21 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
I'd make a strog push to get Spezza
+ Sign Stasty in ideal scenario

Then Backes could be moved to RW and Oshie would become expandable (possibly dealt to acquire another D in case we loose Shatty in the deal for Spezza)
But that is only dreams so far...
Backes is staying at center, where he is way more effective. If we get a Spezza, we are going to run Spezza-Backes-Sobotka, not Spezza-Sobotka-Berglund.

Old
05-12-2014, 09:36 AM
LongLiveTheNote
#LGB

If there was any way we could get Spezza AND Stastny I would be one happy guy.

I just don't think, depending on who we would have to move to get Spezza, that there would be room to make everybody happy. With Spezza being older and having injury concerns, I would assume we wouldn't have to give up anything too extravagant to pick him up...especially if ownership and him have pretty much agreed to part ways.

Hypothetical here, would we trade one of Osh/Steen for Spezza to give them value while creating a spot in the top 6 for him to play? Then that brings up another question, it seems pretty consensus that we wouldn't move Backes to either wing, so could Spezza fill either of those spots? Or is he a center only? Purely spitballing here...

Old
05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

He's a center only and we aren't trading Steen or Oshie for him. He's going to have a rental value, though it will be rental value of a really good player. Ideally it would've been Berglund/Sobotka+Carrier+Edm 2nd, but since we don't have Carrier, we might have to use Jaskin/Rattie or convince them of Vannelli.

Closed Thread