HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Rick Nash

Old
05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Same old Caps

vCash: 840
The fact that he made Team Canada over Claude Giroux (potentially this year's MVP) eludes my understanding.
Steve Yzerman is a strange GM.

Eazy for Kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Krnuckfan

vCash: 500
He's always been overrated because the canadian media is in love with a big "powerforward" and he also scored some fluky goals against phoenix that looped endlessly on the sports highlights.

Krnuckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 11:55 PM
yubbers
Shanta

His weakest goal production year was 21 and that was in 41 games. 336 career goals at 29 is a whole lot of fluke.

I'll give you Dion straight up for him

yubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 02:38 AM
chunkylover53

Honestly what happened to Nash? Yeah he was never a power forward lol, but now he looks so dead out there.

Did the concussion really kill him?

chunkylover53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yubbers View Post
His weakest goal production year was 21 and that was in 41 games. 336 career goals at 29 is a whole lot of fluke.

I'll give you Dion straight up for him
Yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

05-07-2014, 02:42 AM
icKx
Vanek 4 Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 View Post
The fact that he made Team Canada over Claude Giroux (potentially this year's MVP) eludes my understanding.
Steve Yzerman is a strange GM.
Babcock adores players with size.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 04:21 AM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I can't help but think if the Rangers still had Dubinsky and Callahan instead of Nash and St Louis they be looking a lot better against the Pens right now.
If we have Callahan over MSL we're bounced against the Flyers.

Callahan is a notorious playoff choker. Don't really miss him.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
It was really awesome watching him scoring 40 goals but I think the best and most complete game he ever played was under Hitchcock. Just didnt like it since he had to work...
He seems to do well for coaches who yell at him.

AV isn't like that and man is his production suffering.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 05:01 AM
giddy up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post

Yea how could Callahan possibly replace St Louis' 1 goal in 20 games.

[MOD]

Last edited by Frenchy: 05-07-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: not needed
giddy up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Kahuna Nanu
Old & Slow NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
Yea how could Callahan possibly replace St Louis' 1 goal in 20 games.

[MOD].
>Says Rangers would have lost a playoff series where MSL had 6 points in 7 games if we had Callahan instead
>Uses regular season stats to condescend despite proving absolutely nothing

Gratz.

Last edited by Frenchy: 05-07-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: qep
Kahuna Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 06:52 AM
mint
Last Cup Ever 83

What is this obsession with Callahan lol?

He's a glorified third line player. Never performed in Horne playoffs outside against his playoff series against the devils.

mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Thunder Buddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post

LOL, ok. So when he had 6 Goals in 20 games in 2012 that is choking? 3 Goals in the 2012 ECF, and was one of the best forwards in that ECF series.

As per this season, He had a disallowed goal which would of been a goal in any other arena, was a game changer, likely series changer goal. But prior to this season's playoffs, he had scored 8 Goals in his last 32 playoff games. That is above average production, and very good for playoff production, so don't know where you getting with this choking. You also seem to forget the clutch plays like him keeping the puck in the zone that led to the game tying goal against Washington, but yeah he was never a factor or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post

He's a glorified third line player. Never performed in Horne playoffs outside against his playoff series against the devils.
He is no longer on the Rangers yet you still take the time to post about him and take a lash at him, that is obsession. You should worry about the Rangers and not Ryan Callahan, and just because a lot of people have respect for him, you don't have to come in and bash the guy after he gave so much to the Rangers while he was there. It truly is mind boggling. If Ranger fans are going to complain about MSL and Nash, well they should not have asked for these trades to happen.

It's also interesting that I'm not the only one bringing up the Callahan factor here, even an Islanders fan in another thread realized what this guy brings so do Devils fans.

Last edited by Thunder Buddy*: 05-07-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Thunder Buddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post

So? The really question is why the likes of Callahan should even come up in the same conversation as Rick Nash. If Nash had even a small percentage of the heart and drive Callahan does he would be a hall-of-famer. As is, he's just another missed opportunity who isn't going to lead a NHL team anywhere but out the door. A huge disappointment.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

He used to be my favorite non-Pens player. I don't know if it's the Rangers effect or the fact that he just sucks now but I'm completely over him.

05-07-2014, 10:01 AM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Doubt it.

Wasn't Kovalev the same way?
Good comparison.

Guys with all the tools but none of the IQ and/or drive to make things happen most of the time.

I really thought that by going to a better organization he'd start to fulfill some of his potential but it sure doesn't look like he will now.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
UlfSamuelsson
Save By Lundqvist!

vCash: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightning24 View Post
First they get rid of Dubinsky, then Gaborik, then Callahan. Rangers never learn. All these players hit a small rough patch only to be thrown overboard or forced off this team. It just makes me sick.
Small rough patch? In two seasons (really 1.5 due to lock out) Dubi had 12 goals...total! He would go weeks without scoring, and whenever he took puck into the zone, he stop skating and would glide to the eventual turnover. You don't get a nickname like Brandon Du-Nothing for great play.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy too, and am glad he is doing better. But let's not forget.

UlfSamuelsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Crease

^ Agreed.

It's easy to look back and say the Rangers gave up on Dubinsky too quickly, but he looked absolutely awful for a substantial period of time after his pay raise and there is no guarantee he would have refound his game in New York. He very well could have benefited from moving away from the distractions of Manhattan.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Islander102

Quote:
LOL, ok. So when he had 6 Goals in 20 games in 2012 that is choking? 3 Goals in the 2012 ECF, and was one of the best forwards in that ECF series.

As per this season, He had a disallowed goal which would of been a goal in any other arena, was a game changer, likely series changer goal. But prior to this season's playoffs, he had scored 8 Goals in his last 32 playoff games. That is above average production, and very good for playoff production, so don't know where you getting with this choking. You also seem to forget the clutch plays like him keeping the puck in the zone that led to the game tying goal against Washington, but yeah he was never a factor or anything like that.

He is no longer on the Rangers yet you still take the time to post about him and take a lash at him, that is obsession. You should worry about the Rangers and not Ryan Callahan, and just because a lot of people have respect for him, you don't have to come in and bash the guy after he gave so much to the Rangers while he was there. It truly is mind boggling. If Ranger fans are going to complain about MSL and Nash, well they should not have asked for these trades to happen.

It's also interesting that I'm not the only one bringing up the Callahan factor here, even an Islanders fan in another thread realized what this guy brings so do Devils fans.
I'm an Islander fan and I can appreciate what Callahan brings, but every player has a price, and his asking price was absurd. Good on the Rangers for realizing that and moving on. However, the specific deal they made to move him was asinine. That being said I have no idea what that has to do with Rick Nash.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Swervin81
Content Leaf fan

Rick Nash is to the Rangers what Andrea Bargnani (thanks for taking him off our hands) is to the Knicks. Former 1st overall pick, tall, really soft for his size, floats around the perimeter on offence, can play individual defence but cannot play structured team defense, has zero IQ, can't pass, and no drive or heart.

Swervin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Darth Joker

I used to think that the Russian factor was a bit overblown when it came to guys like Semin/Ovie getting criticized a lot, but given Nash...

No, it's true. If Nash was a Russian, I have no doubt that the media would be totally raking him over the coals. I hate to say it, but I honestly think that Nash's nationality is the main reason the hockey media isn't as hard on him as they should be.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 12:35 PM
jw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
I used to think that the Russian factor was a bit overblown when it came to guys like Semin/Ovie getting criticized a lot, but given Nash...

No, it's true. If Nash was a Russian, I have no doubt that the media would be totally raking him over the coals. I hate to say it, but I honestly think that Nash's nationality is the main reason the hockey media isn't as hard on him as they should be.
Nash still plays in all ends of the ice.

I'd still take him on my team.
But not with that contract.

jw2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post

I'd still take him on my team.
But not with that contract.
Well, he plays defense. Whether he still plays offense is questionable. He'll score when his raw skill allows it and no effort is needed, which happens from time to time, especially in the more relaxed regular season setting. He's that skilled. Unfortunately, I don't think he even devotes as much energy to actually trying to score as he even does to playing defense at this point in his career. He either scores easily, just on the skills he has and opportunities that present themselves, or he stands in the corner basically watching and limply reaching for loose pucks he doesn't seen to want. If he drove to the net as vigorously as he's seen backchecking sometimes, he'd have scored by now in these playoffs. He does not play with any desire offensively. Defensively you can argue that he does.

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
So does Alex Semin, but that didn't stop anyone.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Thunder Buddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I'm an Islander fan and I can appreciate what Callahan brings, but every player has a price, and his asking price was absurd. Good on the Rangers for realizing that and moving on. However, the specific deal they made to move him was asinine. That being said I have no idea what that has to do with Rick Nash.
See, I don't think 6 Million is crazy over the top money for someone like him. With Nash making nearly 8 Million dollars a year, that really puts a big question mark on the subject of "every player has a price". lol.

Thunder Buddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
See, I don't think 6 Million is crazy over the top money for someone like him. With Nash making nearly 8 Million dollars a year, that really puts a big question mark on the subject of "every player has a price". lol.
I think 6 million is a lot given that this is a player who has broken 50 points once and plays a style that is only going to grind himself down even more. He's not old, but I just don't think he can be the Callahan that we know for the duration of his contract. Players like him always burn out.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote