HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Rick Nash

Old
05-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Well, I would definitely rather have Dubinsky right now than Nash and felt that way from the beginning. Dubinsky is very emotional and a good leader because of it. I was honestly shocked when Callahan got the C. Dubinsky was a bigger part of our core's identity than some Ranger fans gave him credit for. I started to come around on Nash after a couple games though but now he's just damaged goods. Too scared to play in the dirty areas or anywhere near the front of the net and he's content with that it seems. Not much I can do about it as a fan except complain!

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 04:21 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I think Callahan would at least help in the locker room but Dubinsky is becoming one of the most underrated players in the league. I wish he was a Devil and there are some Devils fans who will want to kill me for saying that, always liked his game.
Dubinsky is the closest thing to Lucic if you ask me. Not as intimidating (no one is, save maybe Chara) but both are top of the line power forwards.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
I want him to play in Nashville, so he can be Rick Nashville

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 05:08 PM
TheOneArmedMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubbers View Post
His weakest goal production year was 21 and that was in 41 games. 336 career goals at 29 is a whole lot of fluke.

I'll give you Dion straight up for him
Clarkson too

TheOneArmedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:36 PM
stingers stinger

Old news.
CBJ fan here.
Been there, done that.

stingers stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
I've grown to hate him like I can't remember hating a player on my team before.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Claypool

Rangers were doing so well after the lockout with drafting players. Then slowly but surely they brought in veterans past their prime and now you have this result.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:16 PM
PropJoe

Funny when a guy has some poor shooting percentage luck he becomes "soft". Nash went end to end at one point and Rangers fans were booing him as if it was a bad thing. He had another shift later in the period where he was dominating the puck and they continued to boo.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
Funny when a guy has some poor shooting percentage luck he becomes "soft". Nash went end to end at one point and Rangers fans were booing him as if it was a bad thing. He had another shift later in the period where he was dominating the puck and they continued to boo.
bottom line is he has 26 career playoff games and two goals.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:45 PM
SERE 24
LGR

What does shooting percentage have to do with soft? I'd buy Rick Nash down blankets to swaddle my newborn the guy is so soft. I'd trust Nash brand towels to not crack a single egg if I dumped an entire dozen from shoulder height on them. His shooting percentage is just a very small percentage of the problem. The guy plays like he just got his nails done and is waiting for them to dry.

27 career playoff games and 2 goals. None in 11 games this year. One in 12 last year. 4 points in 11 games, all assists, which came in the first 3 games. Zero points in 8 games. No goals since April 1st. 7.8M cap hit. Higher actual salary.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
bottom line is he has 26 career playoff games and two goals.
Very bottom line, lol

That is ****ing pathetic

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkpoTavanek View Post
I'm not even sure I have to say more at this point.

No, really though, I don't even know what to say. Besides being an Isles fan, I'm a huge fan of the game in general. And this guy has had every excuse imaginable thrown his way ever since his one good year in Columbus.

All the talent in the world and is completely useless. Is there a comparable player in the NHL?
Just exposed for what he is, an overblown star player considered and expected to be a superstar.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 06:26 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
If we have Callahan over MSL we're bounced against the Flyers.

Callahan is a notorious playoff choker. Don't really miss him.
After watching MSL and Nash be the two worst players on this ice last night I can't imagine Callahan being any worse at all, and maybe Callahan don't help better than MSL over the Flyers but I pretty sure Dubinsky would have helped majorly over Nash.

05-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Blitzkrug
#BigWillyStyle

vCash: 84
He has run out of excuses.

He's overrated. Always has been, always will be.

Blitzkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:21 AM
OkpoTavanek

He makes me actually not enjoy watching hockey. This is not the guy the rangers need making the salary he makes and playing the way he does. I wonder if he's about to be reddened. I can't see many teams lining up to take this guy on

OkpoTavanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Blitzkrug
#BigWillyStyle

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkpoTavanek View Post
He makes me actually not enjoy watching hockey. This is not the guy the rangers need making the salary he makes and playing the way he does. I wonder if he's about to be reddened. I can't see many teams lining up to take this guy on
You'd be surprised then.

Blitzkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Jim Morrison

Overrated, overpaid and overweight hack.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:53 AM
KingsFan7824

There's certainly a snowball rolling down the hill at the moment with Nash and the Rangers. One thing can't make a team play as poorly as they have in the last few games. It's one thing, and another, and another, and another, etc.

It's not Nash's fault he makes so much money. The team that made him the #1 overall pick offered to pay him that when he was putting up numbers. Can't really fault either side in that equation.

Nash was the 1st overall pick in a draft that, looking back, was not a good one. There's basically 1 other player you could make a strong case for taking before Nash that year, which is Duncan Keith, and that's only in hindsight, as he was taken 54th that year.

Nash is what he is. He's a decent goal scoring winger. He's not a franchise player. He probably never was one. The offense can't flow through him, because he's a goal scorer. The offense ends with him. He needs players to get him the puck. He needs a center, and he's really never had one at the top of his game.

How many wingers, it doesn't matter how great a scorer, have won without a center? Hull didn't in St.Louis, and he even had Oates. Ovechkin hasn't in Washington, and he's got Backstrom. Jagr, even as one of the all time talents the league has ever seen, and a total physical freak, able to put up 70 points at the age of 42, hasn't been on that many ultimately successful teams without Lemieux.

Nash has not played well at all in these playoffs. He's an easy target, but he's earned that. However, that whole Ranger teams looks like they don't know they're in the playoffs right now.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
AvsGuy

People sure love to bash this guy. He was never a franchise player? Damn straight he was. Guy used to be able to deke 2 defensemen in a phone booth. He won the Rocket Richard trophy one year. He was consistently a force for a weak Columbus team and trading him meant a total mentality shift for that franchise. NYR got him on the mid-to-downswing of his career, which has admittedly come a little early, but a change of scenery would probably help more than hurt.

It's not like the NYR are heavy on guys who make an effort in the first place. Call it the Bobby Holik effect: if you want a place to end your career like a wet fart while still making upward of $8 million a year, the Rangers will definitely call you up.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
nwaZ

It's the Canadian factor.

nwaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:16 AM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
Rangers were doing so well after the lockout with drafting players. Then slowly but surely they brought in veterans past their prime and now you have this result.
So much this. Ive tried to like the Rangers since im from NY and live here now. But I cant stand how they build their teams.

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Chimp

Stuck with Nash @ 7.8m until 2017. Stuck with Richards @6.67m until 2017. Only one can be bought out. It ain't pretty.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 11:12 AM
tony d
The franchise

I've never gotten they hype around Nash, his play as of late only confirms it.

05-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Stuck with Nash @ 7.8m until 2017. Stuck with Richards @6.67m until 2017. Only one can be bought out. It ain't pretty.
Well, you CAN buy them both out.... lol one is just gonna be on the cap for a loonnnggg time.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 12:41 PM
gump116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Not sure the Rangers could get much for Nash at this point, but I'm pretty sure they could find a team to take his contract off their hands. He's overpaid for sure, but there are going to be a lot of teams with cap room and Nash is probably a better option than overpaying for a UFA.

gump116 is offline   Reply With Quote