Notices

Jets on TSN

Old
07-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Bartho

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by imec View Post
Can't remember - do I have to sign up again or does it just renew automatically? Thanks
I'm pretty sure you'll have to re-subscribe.

Bartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Board Bard
Dane-O-Mite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
What if they win all the games by shutouts? Not even then?
By the time Pavelec wins all his games by shutouts there will be a pill that allows people to astral-project into arenas, making TV unnecessary.

Board Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 09:03 AM
EnglishJet

I live in New Brunswick and am a Jets fan- is there any way for me to get the games other than watching a sucky stream online? I tried to get Jets TV but it wasn't available. I'm fairly new to Canada and don't really get this whole "blacked out" thing.

EnglishJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 09:15 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJet View Post
I live in New Brunswick and am a Jets fan- is there any way for me to get the games other than watching a sucky stream online? I tried to get Jets TV but it wasn't available. I'm fairly new to Canada and don't really get this whole "blacked out" thing.
Jets TV is only for subscribers across Manitoba, Saskatchewan and much of northwestern Ontario.

There is the NHL Centre Ice setup, but I'm not sure how many games the Jets would be on. You are suppose to get 40 "out of market" games per week.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=27197

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 09:24 AM
EnglishJet

Thank you- this could be what I'm looking for. I wonder if there is a way to find out how often the Jets are shown. I imagine a fair few- 40 game a week is a lot of games. I need some way to watch them...

Old
07-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
EnglishJet - note there still might be blackouts on CentreIce and GameCenter. If CBC or Sportsnet are showing them nationally, then it'll be blacked out. With CBC, they at least provide a very good stream, but you'd probably be out of luck when Sportsnet is broadcasting.
The new national TV deal is supposed to show all games in all markets on those days. Channels will vary. The jets have 22 national games and 60 regional games this year.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
The new national TV deal is supposed to show all games in all markets on those days. Channels will vary. The jets have 22 national games and 60 regional games this year.
So the 60 regional games would be available on Center Ice.

There's also GameCenter Live which provides streams of the games.

The same blackout restrictions apply I believe (although you can fool GameCenter about your location to get around that). GameCenter lets you stream on different devices, as well.

I think Shaw had Center Ice for $200 last season. GameCenter Live is about $150. I haven't seen any prices for the upcoming season though.

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 12:21 PM
EnglishJet

So does this mean that for $200 I could get Center Ice and between that and TV channels like CBC etc I'd be able to watch all 82 games?

How do you get around the location setting on Gamer Center Live (mainly coz I'm a student and that one is cheaper! haha) Will I get to see them all on that one?

Sorry if these questions are super simple- I'm very new to this whole thing.

Old
07-18-2014, 12:25 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 714
Quote:
So does this mean that for $200 I could get Center Ice and between that and TV channels like CBC etc I'd be able to watch all 82 games?

How do you get around the location setting on Gamer Center Live (mainly coz I'm a student and that one is cheaper! haha) Will I get to see them all on that one?

If you live in New Brunswick you wouldn't have to get around the location setting. All games that aren't being broadcast nationally on TV would air on game centre for you. I assume that New Brunswick is in the Canadiens region so only local Habs games would be blacked out.

Any games that aren't available locally on TV will be on game centre. So nationally broadcast games and games of the team in whose region you reside will be blacked out.

cheswick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:

Center Ice will cover all the games not broadcast nationally - but you may not have a channel that happens to be doing a national broadcast of a Jets game on a partciular night. Some games are going to be on Sportsnet, or Sportsnet One or City TV.

For information on Game Center Live blackouts, Google: how to stream all games gamecenter

Old
07-18-2014, 12:43 PM
EnglishJet

Thank you all for your help, it's much appreciated.

Point blank, and I know this may be preference, but which is better; Game Center Live or Center Ice?

Old
07-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Thank you- this could be what I'm looking for. I wonder if there is a way to find out how often the Jets are shown. I imagine a fair few- 40 game a week is a lot of games. I need some way to watch them...
I'm in Nova Scotia and between CBC, TSN and Centre Ice I saw every single game.

The only time you run into trouble is if they are playing the early game and the Leafs are also playing, but I am hoping now that TSN/ CBC is out of the picture *for all intents and purposes* they will fix that.

07-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Thank you all for your help, it's much appreciated.

Point blank, and I know this may be preference, but which is better; Game Center Live or Center Ice?
Centre Ice, no comparison. You pay more but you are getting an HD broadcast feed. As good as streaming has gotten nothing touches that yet online.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Centre Ice, no comparison. You pay more but you are getting an HD broadcast feed. As good as streaming has gotten nothing touches that yet online.
I dunno, the stream quality on Gamecenter is pretty good. And based on flexibility and features (and price) I'd go with Game Center Live. The games are stored so you can watch them anytime, while you'd have to remember to record a game on Center Ice. You can usually choose between the Home and Away broadcasts. There are compressed/highlight versions available for each game - so you can watch a 10 minute summary of a game. You can do split-screen to keep an eye on two games at once. And you're not obliged to sit in front of your TV (although you can hook your computer up to your TV and watch it that way) - you can watch on the iPad, smartphone, login from your friends' places...

But if your internet connection is slow or inconsistent, it may not be the best choice...

Old
07-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I dunno, the stream quality on Gamecenter is pretty good. And based on flexibility and features (and price) I'd go with Game Center Live. The games are stored so you can watch them anytime, while you'd have to remember to record a game on Center Ice. You can usually choose between the Home and Away broadcasts. There are compressed/highlight versions available for each game - so you can watch a 10 minute summary of a game. You can do split-screen to keep an eye on two games at once. And you're not obliged to sit in front of your TV (although you can hook your computer up to your TV and watch it that way) - you can watch on the iPad, smartphone, login from your friends' places...

But if your internet connection is slow or inconsistent, it may not be the best choice...
All valid points. I am just spoiled now. I want 1080p on my 55" Bravia.

Like I said, GCL is pretty good, miles above even a couple years ago, but not yet at that broadcast quality.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
All valid points. I am just spoiled now. I want 1080p on my 55" Bravia.

Like I said, GCL is pretty good, miles above even a couple years ago, but not yet at that broadcast quality.
At max quality, Centre Ice looks pretty good on my 106" screen.

Screen size warfare.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
At max quality, Centre Ice looks pretty good on my 106" screen.

Screen size warfare.
We have established that in hockey, as in other things, size doesn't matter.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 02:21 PM
EnglishJet

Thanks for all your help guys. I dunno which one I'll choose but I've got a couple of months to decide. One things for sure, I can't spend another season streaming it on Sportlemon and not seeing the puck through any of the game! That really sucked!

Old
07-18-2014, 02:25 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Thanks for all your help guys. I dunno which one I'll choose but I've got a couple of months to decide. One things for sure, I can't spend another season streaming it on Sportlemon and not seeing the puck through any of the game! That really sucked!
GameCenter usually has a free trial period (a week?) so you can check it out for yourself. Works great on computers, and I really like it on the Xbox too.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
What if they win all the games by shutouts? Not even then?
I will ride my flying pig to your place and watch while a nude Cindy Crawford makes us snacks.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2014, 07:45 AM
NBjet

Quote:
Hi EnglishJet... I am also in NB (St. Andrews) and last year I had the Center Ice package with Bell Express View (satellite) and I received ALL the jets games that weren't televised nationally. I know the rights landscape has changed, so I guess that it remains to be seen what exactly is available this season... Go Jets!

NBjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2014, 07:59 AM
NBjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I will ride my flying pig to your place and watch while a nude Cindy Crawford makes us snacks.
You know that Cindy Crawford is just a hair shy of 50, right? ...not that there's anything wrong with that.

NBjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBjet View Post
Hi EnglishJet... I am also in NB (St. Andrews) and last year I had the Center Ice package with Bell Express View (satellite) and I received ALL the jets games that weren't televised nationally. I know the rights landscape has changed, so I guess that it remains to be seen what exactly is available this season... Go Jets!
If there is still is a jets channel all you have to do is give bell express vu a mailing address in Manitoba and you will get the jets channel,get your bills emailed so they don't go to the address I just picked someone with the same last name in Edmonton when I wanted the oilers games it worked perfect.It doesn't matter where your dish is.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
You know that Cindy Crawford is just a hair shy of 50, right? ...not that there's anything wrong with that.
And she looks like that!

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2014, 08:07 AM
EnglishJet

Quote:
This is reassuring, thank you! I need to see all the games this year, so some sort of package needs to be bought- it's reassuring to know there are ways for me to watch them all in NB. I live in Fredericton btw.

Dunno if anyone knows the answer but my brother lives across town and he's a leafs fan- if we got a Game Center Live account would we be to share it or are there safe guards against that, Ie. only one computer logged in at a time. Thanks again for all your help.