HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's wrong with Max?

Old
05-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
He's been targeted by the Bruins and they want to shut him down at all costs. Last game they had 9 hits on him.
This.

I always have faith in him.

He is building up to a new hot streak.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Bullsmith

He came out hitting tonight. Wasn't decisive in the game, but it was his best game this series. I'm looking for more, and expect it.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 10:55 PM
92Rahman

There was effort tonight i found from him, and when he does light it up it'll come in bunches. Hopefully sooner rather than later

92Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Shaby23

I'm not buying that he's targeted by the Bruins. Where was he against Tampa? I'll give him that tonight was probably his best game of the playoffs, but i expect WAY more out of him.

I hope him and DD can produce really soon because PK won't get 2pts every nights.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

39 goals in 73 games...

The B's are scared of him...

Max will hurt them given a chance, and they know it.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2014, 11:25 PM
TCIH

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
I hope him and DD can produce really soon because PK won't get 2pts every nights.
Realistically, you're right. But with the way he's been playing...

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Pacioretty came out with more energy last night for sure. It didn't translate on the scoreboard, but hopefully he can keep that up, and elevate further even. There's a lot of icetime for his line out there, and it makes our team an awful lot better if that line is hustling and threatening even strength again.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
To me he looks intimidated.
He does, It's probably only normal after getting crushed the way he did a few years ago

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Pacioretty came out with more energy last night for sure. It didn't translate on the scoreboard, but hopefully he can keep that up, and elevate further even. There's a lot of icetime for his line out there, and it makes our team an awful lot better if that line is hustling and threatening even strength again.
Exactly.
Simply let go of the I gotta score mentality.
Take a page out of the Gallagher/Bournival book of life.
Skate and create havoc with your speed.
It doesn't matter who ultimately scores at this time of year.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Grant McCagg

Looked like the same old Patches last night. Had some moments and chances..just not burying them right now. He's a streaky scorer..right now he's in a cold spell. Sucks that it's happening during the playoffs, but at least he is still getting special attention from Boston's top checkers...frees up someone else to get more scoring chances against lesser checkers.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:17 AM
yianik

If Patches wasn't getting any shots or chances I would really be concerned , but that isn't the case. Bolts and now Bruins trying to keep the top line off the scoresheet and they have the guys to do that. Result is our other lines have easier time of it.

Having said that I do think this has gotten to Patches, as its clear from his reactions on the ice he is getting down on himself and probably holding his stick too tight. He does need to skate harder, fight through the checks and drive the net more, like Bourque.

yianik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
If Patches wasn't getting any shots or chances I would really be concerned , but that isn't the case. Bolts and now Bruins trying to keep the top line off the scoresheet and they have the guys to do that. Result is our other lines have easier time of it.

Having said that I do think this has gotten to Patches, as its clear from his reactions on the ice he is getting down on himself and probably holding his stick too tight. He does need to skate harder, fight through the checks and drive the net more, like Bourque.
Sorry but they face both the 3rd and 4th line more than any other lines last night.
Plek's was match against Bergeron's line.....and they came out on top.

I'll say it....even if i know i'm gonna get destroy by some here.

Isn't bothering anybody that Vanek suddenly wakes up WITH PLEKANEC and that's against the Bergeron shutdown line that DD-Pacioretty we're facing on the road?

Isn't bothering anybody that Pacioretty only goal was also WITH PLEKANEC in these playoffs?

Isn't bothering anybody that Desharnais is dead last in production for a center behind Eller, Plek, Briere and he's leading all of them for PP time (and by far, really really far)....and that 2 of the 3 PP goals by Vanek and Patches came when DD was off the ice?

Last edited by Milhouse40: 05-07-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Milhouse40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Lemons

He's playing fine. He's taking the focus off our depth, this is what really good players do in the playoffs.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 1054
Boston is smothering Patches & DD just like the Habs are smothering the Krecje line. They are both the most talented lines so strategies were developed to contain them. That's playoff hockey where coaches spend a week straight scouting a team and practicing specifically for them.

Smart move by the coaches to shift Vanek away from Patches & DD. They still gotta focus on those two, but maybe Vanek will have a bit more space with Plex.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Sorry but they face both the 3rd and 4th line more than any other lines last night.

Isn't bothering anybody that Vanek suddenly wakes up WITH PLEKANEC and that's against the Bergeron shutdown line that DD-Pacioretty we're facing on the road?

Isn't bothering anybody that Pacioretty only goal was also WITH PLEKANEC in these playoffs?

Isn't bothering anybody that Desharnais is dead last in production for a center behind Eller, Plek, Briere and he's leading all of them for PP time (and by far, really really far)....and that 2 of the 3 PP goals by Vanek and Patches came when DD was off the ice?
Produces during the season? He's not playing a complete game.. he sucks.

Ups his hustle level in the playoffs - stealing pucks, back checking hard, and winning board battles while his linemates floated? He's not producing high enough.. he sucks.

Love it.

Ps. Vanek had like 5 points in 6 games on the other line. His compet level was the problem. He competed hard last night that's what changed him. He's produced with a lot worse than Pacioretty and Desharnais before.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 08:58 AM

This thread is a whole lot of nonsense...it appears every time Max has one of his cold streaks.

Again, nothing is wrong with Max...the puck just isn't going in.

Once it does, people will proclaim that he's 'trying harder' and playing 'less scared'. But really the only difference is the goals will be going in at a higher frequency.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:23 AM
No Team Needed

You know those times when PK or Plekanec or Gorges shuts down a line and the other team goes, "Oh what's wrong with Crosby/Ovechkin/Stamkos?" and we reply, "Nothing, it's all PK/Plek/Gorges playing phenomenal, shut down defence"

There's your answer. Shoe on the other foot. Boston is doing everything to shut down our top forwards.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
He needs the monkey off back goal. Game 4 vs Tampa would have been it but there was too long of a layoff for him to get momentum. He's hot/cold...more reason to re-sign Vanek as it eases the matchups for him.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
He's not the same guy playing against Boston since the injury.
He needs to play angry, he usually plays better after getting whipped. Hopefully MT pulls him aside and tears a strip off him today.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Hugo Sham

Max is an incredible talent, but as you can see - and which I have on very good authority - he's a head-case and massively high maintenance player (not unlike many pro athletes). he's having his first taste of NHL playoff hockey. he needs to find a way out of this because a hot max-pac makes habs even scarier

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

He needs to figure it out about playing playoff hockey.

So far, he pretty much sucks in his playoff career.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
overlords
Hfboards

What's happening to the DD line is a great example of how usage and opposition can severely affect something as incidental as point totals.

I've always argued that Max should play on a strong 2-way line to get him used to and develop him for tougher minutes. Maybe giving him exploitation roles wasn't the way to go after all.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post

Pleased as Punch.
It has nothing to do with DD he had some very useful shifts with Weise.
I was really hoping to split that line up for game two.
I actually had MP with Plecky not TV.
Don't give Boston a clear target for Bergeron.
Watch CJ scratch his head. He has hilarious mannerisms

Old
05-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What's happening to the DD line is a great example of how usage and opposition can severely affect something as incidental as point totals.

I've always argued that Max should play on a strong 2-way line to get him used to and develop him for tougher minutes. Maybe giving him exploitation roles wasn't the way to go after all.
Hmmm...
You been reading my whats wrong with our first line posts again...

Old
05-07-2014, 11:13 AM

It sucks that he's not scoring but what pisses me off are his blind passes that give the puck to the Bruins. At least if Vanek is not scoring he can pass the puck like we saw yesterday and set up plays.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote