HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH▓ View Post
It's like for DD. I defend him a lot on these boards, but I'd be really happy if we could manage to trade him for a better player.
Don't want to make this about DD but the difference here is that we have three other centers that are or could be better than DD offensively. So we could keep DD and upgrade from within. I don't think we can upgrade from within for Gorges. We'd have to trade for one.

Old
06-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
He's a strong four. He's played higher then that though. Strong feeling it's going to be Gorges+ for Yandle
If they move Yandle it will be for a center or high skill winger. Not a 2nd pair d-man and other small pieces.

Old
06-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse40 View Post
I'll just say this: Getting tired to see the other team run Price over without any kind of protection.......that's the job of the "stay-at-home" defenseman. That's why we signed Murray.

Gorges can block shot all he wants, that's a good thing, but i need a defenseman able to stop those big wingers into crashing into Price. Gorges is not big enough to do this job and since he's Subban's partner, it should be his job....
The main job of a stay-at-home d-man is to keep pucks out of his net and kill penalities, Goes does both well.

Old
06-28-2014, 05:29 PM
habdynasty

Please please trade Gorges !!

Old
06-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
And you know this how? In 5 years of Gionta being here I don't recall hearing or seeing too many acts of leadership. So how exactly do you know which guy is actually a leader.
It's not because you're a good veteran that you can be a captain.

PK would be the idea candidate for captaincy. He plays hard every game, nobody has a higher desire to win than him, he practices as hard as he plays, he takes his nutrition and off season training very seriously, comes to camp always with a good attitude and ready to work, he steps up in big games, he grew up a Habs fan, he actually loves the city of Montreal, deals with the press in a pure professional way, always credits his teammates, will block shots without thinking twice, he's always the first one to celebrate with a teammate when they score, he'll also be the first to jump in a melee to defend another. To top it all out, he happens to be our best player and one of our top scorers.

So why again is he not a good candidate?? Because he's 25? Because some teammates finds his style of music annoying?? Because he's a little too loud for some??
Everybody has flaws, if you even want to call them that. But there is no doubt as to the leadership skills of PK. That's just BS.
One of your more ridiculous posts...

Do you think that people on a message board would find out first hand what a captain does as a leader? 95% of what leaders do happen where tv cameras and fans are not present.

Subban has enough responsibility right now without saddling him with more at this stage.

Old
06-28-2014, 06:42 PM
LesCanadiensSontLÓ

Just heard from Martin McGuire that Bergevin trades Gorges but he refused the trade. Any confirmation on this? I didn't even knew he had a NTC

Old
06-28-2014, 06:47 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

He is on a limited NTC as of this tear till 2017-2018.

I'm just as surprised.

What is more of a concern is the NTC (till 2015-2016) of Emelin.

Old
06-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiensSontLÓ View Post
Just heard from Martin McGuire that Bergevin trades Gorges but he refused the trade. Any confirmation on this? I didn't even knew he had a NTC
I think Bob Mac hinted to the fact that he traded him to Toronto but he shot it down.

Man NTC are so dumb.

They should be reserved for the Price/Subban of every team and thats it.

Old
06-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiensSontLÓ View Post
Just heard it too. Makes no sense. Isn't Bergevin aware of Gorges NTC? Why would he trade the guy and informed after to THEN be shut off by Gorges? And then....what the heck does that mean for the future? If so...Gorges clearly will ask for a trade from now on...

Old
06-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I think Bob Mac hinted to the fact that he traded him to Toronto but he shot it down.

Man NTC are so dumb.

They should be reserved for the Price/Subban of every team and thats it.
But again....pretty sure the GM knows which teams are on the NTC right? Which then brings the following point....Shouldn't he go to Gorges FIRST to know if that's fine and THEN trade him...or just shut up? Why would he trade and THEN ask if that's fine?

On a side note....Gauthier giving Gorges a NTC....

Old
06-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Sthabs

my guess:
If the deal s not made you dont want Gorges to know that you want to trade him (If there s no deal in place)
So make the deal first and let him know you want to trade him.
I understand that he has his reasons to refuse the trade, but then again, why play for a team that dont want you in the first place.

Old
06-28-2014, 07:00 PM
HomaridII

Gorges once again showing leadership, leading by example.

Old
06-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
my guess:
If the deal s not made you dont want Gorges to know that you want to trade him (If there s no deal in place)
So make the deal first and let him know you want to trade him.
I understand that he has his reasons to refuse the trade, but then again, why play for a team that dont want you in the first place.
But trading him to a team that isn't on Gorges list AUTOMATICALLY means that he has to go back to Gorges. And now that the deal isn't made...well that's it. Gorges knows. Anyway, let's hope now that Gorges know (if everything is true), that he,s more open to go somewhere. Would be neat to get something for him and give us some cap for the next coming contracts. A young player and a pick next year would be awesome.

Old
06-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Habsfan18

Guys,

@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL D Josh Gorges' name is out there in trade talk. TOR made a pitch for Gorges but no CDN team is on list of 15 teams he can be dealt to.

Doesn't sound like a deal was agreed to. It sounds like Toronto inquired but they were told by Bergevin that they were on a list of teams he wouldn't waive for.

06-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Sthabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But trading him to a team that isn't on Gorges list AUTOMATICALLY means that he has to go back to Gorges. And now that the deal isn't made...well that's it. Gorges knows. Anyway, let's hope now that Gorges know (if everything is true), that he,s more open to go somewhere. Would be neat to get something for him and give us some cap for the next coming contracts. A young player and a pick next year would be awesome.

Exactly, maybe it came as a shock to him, hopefully he gets used to the idea and maybe hope for a new start or realise that there s no good in playing for a team that want to trade you. (If they do want to trade him).

edit 15 teams , not bad

Old
06-28-2014, 07:14 PM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
The hockey "insider" who shall remain nameless is reporting Oduya may be on the move. He is on the last year of his deal at roughly 3.4 per.
This could get us a bit of cap relief and another year to groom Beaulieu and Tinordi. Oduya and a conditional pick for Gorges.....
chicago wants to clear some salary, not adding more.

i think our defence is fine. #6 rhd and thats about it.

Old
06-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The main job of a stay-at-home d-man is to keep pucks out of his net and kill penalities, Goes does both well.
He's a terrific PKer.....but if your offensive D-men aren't physical (and most are not) it's one thing. But you got to have physical stay at home D.

Gorges is a really good D-men, but not the one we need at this point to take the next step......

Old
06-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Draft

Gorges at +32yrs seems like the PERFECT dud for the Leafs defence Not that I don't like him, I just think we should be entertaining other options.

Old
06-28-2014, 10:41 PM
coolasprICE

So Gorges rejected a trade to the Leafs.

If true, as much as I want him gone, he earned a few brownie points in my book.

Old
06-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
So Gorges rejected a trade to the Leafs.

If true, as much as I want him gone, he earned a few brownie points in my book.
He earned my enmity if true. GTFO Gorges.

Old
06-28-2014, 11:28 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH▓ View Post
He earned my enmity if true. GTFO Gorges.
Part of me disrespects any player who would voluntarily accept to play for the leafs. Komisuckass example.

But ya, it's a lose-lose for joshy

Old
06-28-2014, 11:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just heard it too. Makes no sense. Isn't Bergevin aware of Gorges NTC? Why would he trade the guy and informed after to THEN be shut off by Gorges? And then....what the heck does that mean for the future? If so...Gorges clearly will ask for a trade from now on...
Often times that's exactly how trades involving a player with an NTC go down. You approach the player once the deal is done and find out if he's willing to do it.

It's also worth noting that just because a team isn't on Gorges' list (i.e. Toronto) doesn't mean that he won't still necessarily waive his NTC to go there. All it means, essentially, is that Bergevin has to ask him first. Which he did.

As far as what it means going forward, I imagine Bergevin put it to Gorges in a way that went, "Toronto came to us with this offer, we're not looking to move you but it's a pretty good deal for us, what do you think?". Gorges is a pro, I'm sure he understands how hockey works. No reason to think he'll be unhappy or want out after this. If Bergevin is smart, his pitch to Gorges was more "Toronto wants you" as opposed to "we don't want you".

Old
06-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Kojo

They wanted to trade for Gorges? And we kept him? Good news.

Old
06-28-2014, 11:43 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Part of me disrespects any player who would voluntarily accept to play for the leafs. Komisuckass example.

But ya, it's a lose-lose for joshy
Komisarek went to the leafs because they offered the most money. Don't be small-minded, players do what's best for the players as they should given that they have a limited shelf life.

Old
06-28-2014, 11:44 PM
groovejuice

It's too bad he has no Canadian team's on his list. Edmonton and Calgary would likely both be interested in him.

Vancouver also, but I smell the tank there. I figure they're aiming for bottom 3, perhaps worse.

Closed Thread