HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators Extend Affiliation Agreement with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2014, 10:14 AM
  #1
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 15,320
vCash: 500
Nashville Predators Extend Affiliation Agreement with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals

Quote:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has extended its affiliation agreement with the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League through the 2016-17 season.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=718346

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 04:14 PM
  #2
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
WOOOT! You can't get rid of us THAT easily, Music City!

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 05:02 PM
  #3
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Good deal!

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 07:02 PM
  #4
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
WOOOT! You can't get rid of us THAT easily, Music City!
I agree. No more Atlanta rumors for a few years.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 08:35 PM
  #5
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Tell you what - we'll keep sending you guys our Triple-A prospects from the Brewers, and you keep sending us your minor league prospects from the Predators, agreed?

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:35 PM
  #6
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I agree. No more Atlanta rumors for a few years.
There were Atlanta rumors?

That said I'd welcome an AHL team here with open arms as long as they didn't have to play out of Philips Arena. They could move to Gwinnett and take over as the new Gwinnett Gladiators.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:25 PM
  #7
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GreatestSnowOnEarth
Country: Tibet
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I agree. No more Atlanta rumors for a few years.
ugh selfishly I want the Preds affiliate to be in ATL so bad, but I think Milwaukee is a great partner

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:26 PM
  #8
AintLifeGrand
Crunchy Jamz Brah
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GreatestSnowOnEarth
Country: Tibet
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
There were Atlanta rumors?

That said I'd welcome an AHL team here with open arms as long as they didn't have to play out of Philips Arena. They could move to Gwinnett and take over as the new Gwinnett Gladiators.
I'd want Philips if ASG weren't involved.

Gwinnett would be ok,but theres just not alot to do out there before/after the game.

Would Cobb Energy be a viable option?

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:59 PM
  #9
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I'd want Philips if ASG weren't involved.

Gwinnett would be ok,but theres just not alot to do out there before/after the game.

Would Cobb Energy be a viable option?
Don't think so plus according it's Wiki page the capacity is only 2,750. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobb_En...ng_Arts_Centre

As for Gwinnett what all do you need to do before or after a game?

The Verizon Wireless Amphitheater holds 12,000 but I don't think it was built for sports.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 11:42 PM
  #10
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 12,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
There were Atlanta rumors?

That said I'd welcome an AHL team here with open arms as long as they didn't have to play out of Philips Arena. They could move to Gwinnett and take over as the new Gwinnett Gladiators.
But that would require the organization to buy an AHL affiliate and then buyout the Gladiators' owners (or agree to give them some stake in the AHL club). Plus, the AHL is already at 30 teams, so the Predators would have to buy an existing AHL franchise. Who wants to sell?

And besides all that, why would we want to break up the partnership with Milwaukee? I'd say it has been pretty beneficial for us, if not for the Admirals, who have made the playoffs 12 years running and have only missed the postseason twice since joining up with us in 1998. Not to mention that big silver jug they got in 2004.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 10:16 AM
  #11
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
But that would require the organization to buy an AHL affiliate and then buyout the Gladiators' owners (or agree to give them some stake in the AHL club). Plus, the AHL is already at 30 teams, so the Predators would have to buy an existing AHL franchise. Who wants to sell?

And besides all that, why would we want to break up the partnership with Milwaukee? I'd say it has been pretty beneficial for us, if not for the Admirals, who have made the playoffs 12 years running and have only missed the postseason twice since joining up with us in 1998. Not to mention that big silver jug they got in 2004.
Just move the Admirals to Georgia. I'm surprised the AHL even allows two teams to have the same name(Milwaukee and Norfolk).

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 10:31 AM
  #12
ChesterCopperpot1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
I like the partnership Nashville and Milwaukee have. Y'all have the Ads to our Preds; we have the Sounds to your Brewers.

Plus I think Milwaukee is a pretty fun town. Only spent one night there, but I had fun and Kopps may have one of the best burgers I've ever had.

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
  #13
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,909
vCash: 500
Overpayment!

Congrats Milwaukee natives.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
  #14
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Yeah the Preds/Admirals and Sounds/Brewers connections are pretty cool. Plus I really want to go up for a weekend to see both teams play, and go find some excellent Wisconsin beer and burgers.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:16 AM
  #15
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Yeah the Preds/Admirals and Sounds/Brewers connections are pretty cool. Plus I really want to go up for a weekend to see both teams play, and go find some excellent Wisconsin beer and burgers.
Too bad there wasn't an Atlanta/Nashville affiliation in baseball. I mean you guys are in the Braves viewing market.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:07 PM
  #16
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
Too bad there wasn't an Atlanta/Nashville affiliation in baseball. I mean you guys are in the Braves viewing market.
True, but we're in the Reds viewing area too.

Of course, most MLB teams don't have a very close AAA team nearby. I'm a Padres fan and our AAA team is in El Paso. I remember Toronto's AAA team used to be in Las Vegas. Makes sense......

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:47 PM
  #17
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Of course, most MLB teams don't have a very close AAA team nearby.
Define close.

Colorado - Colorado Springs
Chicago (NL) - Iowa
Houston - Oklahoma City
Kansas City - Omaha
Texas - Round Rock (Austin)
San Francisco - Fresno
Arizona - Reno
Oakland - Sacramento
Seattle - Tacoma
Los Angeles (NL) - Albuquerque
Toronto - Buffalo
Philadelphia - Allentown
Boston - Rhode Island
New York (AL) - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Atlanta - Gwinnett
Baltimore - Norfolk
Cleveland - Columbus
Pittsburgh - Indianapolis
Cincinnati - Louisville
Detroit - Toledo

Seems like a ton of close teams.

As far as the agreement. Couldn't be happier.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 01:24 PM
  #18
ChesterCopperpot1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
True, but we're in the Reds viewing area too.

Of course, most MLB teams don't have a very close AAA team nearby. I'm a Padres fan and our AAA team is in El Paso. I remember Toronto's AAA team used to be in Las Vegas. Makes sense......
Don't get it twisted, Nashville is Braves Country. I'll chop til I drop.

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 02:24 PM
  #19
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Define close.

Colorado - Colorado Springs
Chicago (NL) - Iowa
Houston - Oklahoma City
Kansas City - Omaha
Texas - Round Rock (Austin)
San Francisco - Fresno
Arizona - Reno
Oakland - Sacramento
Seattle - Tacoma
Los Angeles (NL) - Albuquerque
Toronto - Buffalo
Philadelphia - Allentown
Boston - Rhode Island
New York (AL) - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
Atlanta - Gwinnett
Baltimore - Norfolk
Cleveland - Columbus
Pittsburgh - Indianapolis
Cincinnati - Louisville
Detroit - Toledo

Seems like a ton of close teams.

As far as the agreement. Couldn't be happier.
Should've said "many", not "most", but that's more than I thought. Fail. Maybe it's just only a lot of teams I paid attention to.

Anyway, I gotta go to an Ads game before they move away at some point. Always wanted to go to a Brewers game one day and an Ads game that night.

PS, irrelevant sidenote, I wouldn't call Pittsburgh terribly close to Indianapolis, and Albuquerque is nowhere near Los Angeles.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 07:02 PM
  #20
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh to Indy is about the same distance as Milwaukee to Nashville.

Either way - you're stuck with us, so there.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 07:22 PM
  #21
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Don't get it twisted, Nashville is Braves Country. I'll chop til I drop.
I grew as a Cincinnati Reds fan. The Sounds used to be a Reds affiliate.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 09:40 PM
  #22
triggrman
Registered User
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,090
vCash: 557
And Yankees,

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 06:03 AM
  #23
Armourboy
Registered User
 
Armourboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Posts: 3,691
vCash: 500
This area is pretty spread out when it comes to teams tbh. Lots of Braves fans, but have also been a lot of Reds and Cardinals fans as well.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 10:30 AM
  #24
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
This area is pretty spread out when it comes to teams tbh. Lots of Braves fans, but have also been a lot of Reds and Cardinals fans as well.
Atlanta, St.Louis and Cincinnati are all about a 4-5 hour drive from Nashville.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2014, 10:26 AM
  #25
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
Atlanta, St.Louis and Cincinnati are all about a 4-5 hour drive from Nashville.
I think a lot of people in the Nashville area claim the Braves because they're the "southern" team of the three, and yeah they're all about the same distance from here but St. Louis and Cincinnati aren't thought of as being as close as they are. I mean, Indianapolis is 4-5 hours from Nashville, depending on where you are exactly, but there weren't exactly a ton of Colts (before the Manning years and before the Titans came) and Pacers fans running around Nashville. It's a regional thing more than anything else.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.