HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

laffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 03:13 PM
caper13

vCash: 500
laffs

anyone know anything about the loser they picked up and the worst thing they needed was a defencemen ....what a gm just like the other clown dryden ....useless..

Old
10-03-2003, 03:16 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

In my mind, the Leafs may still be a Cup contender once again this year, but it won't be long until they become a crappy team with their poor management, and also because of their poor drafting. They've got plenty of veterans that will retire in the years to come, so the team is definatly going to suffer from it, IMO.

As for the player they took from the waiver draft, I didn't hear about it. Could someone post his name to let ignorant people like me know who he is?

Old
10-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Lewis63

Petr Tenkrat

edit: mispelled his name

Old
10-04-2003, 05:09 AM
RE-HABS

The Leafs may have some great names at forward, but they are old and pretty banged up, and if Eddie ever goes down with a major injury they are surely screwed.

But they obviously lack depth at D. If they had some better D, I would be jealous and would see them as a contender for the Cup...but until they can aqcuire some D or some people step up I think that is their short fall of ever getting by teams like Ottawa, Jersey and Philly.

Old
10-04-2003, 12:39 PM
tinyzombies

They're not all that bad if McCabe and Berg bounce back. Klee and Marchment are solid additions as #5 and 6 d. Hedin is a wildcard. Not too shabby. They will have to pick someone up at the deadline most likely, I doubt Colaicovo is ready.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
and if Eddie ever goes down with a major injury they are surely screwed.
I disagree with this, Tellqvist should become a solid goalie sooner rather than later,

The leafs have a decent defence core, nothing to brag about but Kaberle, McCabbe, Berg, Marchment can get it done

I think the leafs biggest problem is there forwards...Roberts, Sundin, Nolan, Nieuwndyk, Mogilny are all good players but there all getting up there in age. Besides Antropov they have no young forwards to put in the lineup. It`s too bad they didn`t bring in Gainey he probably could`ve really helped them

Old
10-04-2003, 02:08 PM
theo6060

One of my friends here is a Leafs fan, and he said something I hadn't really thought about before today. Since they are in the Eastern conference (where lets face it any team can go to the Cup finals), they haven't really had to address their huge problem on defense. Had they still been in the West, they would be forced to pick up some defense as they wouldn't be able to contend with the other Western conference teams. Makes sense if you ask me...

Old
10-04-2003, 02:13 PM
PK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
One of my friends here is a Leafs fan, and he said something I hadn't really thought about before today. Since they are in the Eastern conference (where lets face it any team can go to the Cup finals), they haven't really had to address their huge problem on defense. Had they still been in the West, they would be forced to pick up some defense as they wouldn't be able to contend with the other Western conference teams. Makes sense if you ask me...
It's true they didn't need to address their defensive problems to contend in the East, but if they want want to win the Stanley Cup, don't they need to play against a Western conference team ?

Old
10-04-2003, 02:22 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
It's true they didn't need to address their defensive problems to contend in the East, but if they want want to win the Stanley Cup, don't they need to play against a Western conference team ?
Of course , I mentioned that to him too. He just said that they would notice the problem that much sooner if they were playing the West much more often rather than ignore the problem as they do now.

Closed Thread