HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
  #276
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles
 
Mr Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ross Ice Shelf
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
I thought that ESPN panel during the draft was hilarious. Gruden could not stop talking about Manziel and how ever team should consider him and Ray Lewis thinks every team should focus on defense forever. Then there was Mr. Serious, Mel Kiper. To calm down Gruden.
I watched the first 16 picks on ESPN and then the next 16 on NFLN. I'll be watching the rest of the draft on NFLN for sure. Mike Mayock makes Mel Kiper look like a WIP caller.

Mr Black is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 08:30 AM
  #277
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I'm really surprised the Eagles traded down instead of taking Dennard. He was lights out at MSU and was one of the driving factors to that defense being so good. I guess Chip really doesn't like the B10.
He likes big corners. Pretty much assumed they wouldn't be in on him.

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Old
05-09-2014, 08:44 AM
  #278
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
Eagles That Quack
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 27,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I watched the first 16 picks on ESPN and then the next 16 on NFLN. I'll be watching the rest of the draft on NFLN for sure. Mike Mayock makes Mel Kiper look like a WIP caller.
I did like how Ian Rapoport's entire job last night was to talk about Johnny Manziel. Every single time they went to him on camera that's what he talked about. Not even an exaggeration.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 08:47 AM
  #279
chinatown81592
Marumiyan
 
chinatown81592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Country: China
Posts: 2,741
vCash: 500
Leaning towards WR with the 2nd round pick. There still a bunch of them on the board; Lee, Robinson, Matthews and Latimer.

chinatown81592 is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 08:48 AM
  #280
BlameUtley
Moderator
When all else fails
 
BlameUtley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 44,409
vCash: 230
Id like a defensive tackle. They got pushed around last year against the Saints. That cant happen.

__________________
10 feet on the west side is 10 feet on the east side.
BlameUtley is online now  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:12 AM
  #281
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I watched the first 16 picks on ESPN and then the next 16 on NFLN. I'll be watching the rest of the draft on NFLN for sure. Mike Mayock makes Mel Kiper look like a WIP caller.
i had a similar experience. I watched ESPN's draft coverage growing up, but I just couldn't handle Gruden anymore, so I flipped over to NFLN around pick 20 or so.

I wish they'd just stick McShay on the panel with Kiper, but what do I know?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:22 AM
  #282
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 1175
Gruden's love of Manziel was pretty creepy.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:24 AM
  #283
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,726
vCash: 500
I'm surprised than Manziel didn't punch someone or grab someone by the face when he picked that late. Seriously, I don't think I ever even saw him smile. Have fun with him Cleveland...

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:25 AM
  #284
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Berman was worse than Gruden last night. It was like his brain slipped into neutral everytime he opened his mouth.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:27 AM
  #285
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,035
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'm surprised than Manziel didn't punch someone or grab someone by the face when he picked that late. Seriously, I don't think I ever even saw him smile. Have fun with him Cleveland...
You're getting on the guy for not smiling? Aaron Rodgers wasn't smiling either when he was passed over that long, he seems to be doing ok. I imagine it is an incredibly tense and stressful situation when it is thought that you could possibly be a top five pick...then fall into the 20s.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:28 AM
  #286
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
You're getting on the guy for not smiling? Aaron Rodgers wasn't smiling either when he was passed over that long, he seems to be doing ok. I imagine it is an incredibly tense and stressful situation when it is thought that you could possibly be a top five pick...then fall into the 20s.
No, just thinking of how he is when he actually plays on and off the field (anger issues)... unless I'm wrong?

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:34 AM
  #287
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox
 
Chicken Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. James's Gate
Country: Jersey
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500


says it all

Chicken Chaser is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:36 AM
  #288
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,035
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
No, just thinking of how he is when he actually plays on and off the field (anger issues)... unless I'm wrong?
I love the fire this guy plays with! Maybe I'm a homer (or a fanboy since I have no connection to Texas or Cleveland), but I am psyched to see how Manziel does.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:38 AM
  #289
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,035
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
The Eagles pick reminds of an Andy Reid pick. I've seen this kid play, and he is very good, but I just think there were better guys out there. I would have preferred probably two or three other DL/LBs than him, and I would have much preferred Marqise Lee. If they can get Lee somehow in the second round (or maybe Moncrief or Robinson) then I guess it really doesn't matter, but if they wind up without anyone significant at WR (or DB), then this pick is questionable at best. Obviously it is a wait and see situation, but still...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 09:59 AM
  #290
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The Eagles pick reminds of an Andy Reid pick. I've seen this kid play, and he is very good, but I just think there were better guys out there. I would have preferred probably two or three other DL/LBs than him, and I would have much preferred Marqise Lee. If they can get Lee somehow in the second round (or maybe Moncrief or Robinson) then I guess it really doesn't matter, but if they wind up without anyone significant at WR (or DB), then this pick is questionable at best. Obviously it is a wait and see situation, but still...
Definitely reminiscent of a Reid pick, that was exactly my first thought.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:07 AM
  #291
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Chip said they had some other offers for #22 that were good but thought they'd be trading back too far. So, clearly they were afraid somebody else was going to take the kid before long.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:14 AM
  #292
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 1175
I don't have any issues with the pick. I seriously LOL at the people saying the guy that was taken next would've been the next Dawkins.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:15 AM
  #293
kelmitchell
Registered User
 
kelmitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newark Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 500
we picked a 3rd round talent (slight exaggeration) in the first round we were stupid to pass on dennard though, i was hoping ha ha clinton-dix fell to us since a huge need is a good safety

kelmitchell is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:22 AM
  #294
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,035
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
we picked a 3rd round talent (slight exaggeration) in the first round we were stupid to pass on dennard though, i was hoping ha ha clinton-dix fell to us since a huge need is a good safety
Yeah, even if Smith turns out to be a good player, I would have preferred some DB help over DL help.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:23 AM
  #295
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 12,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
we picked a 3rd round talent (slight exaggeration) in the first round we were stupid to pass on dennard though, i was hoping ha ha clinton-dix fell to us since a huge need is a good safety
Kempski this morning said most people had him early to mid 2nd.

Exaggerators keep throwing 3rd round when barely anybody had him there.

One dude for the NFL Network had him 27th overall. Maybe those nutjobs can read that guys scouting report.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
  #296
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
I'm going to lay some confidence in Chip that he got the right guy. It's funny how he was the man just 48 hours ago, but since he didn't get the sexy name in the draft, the city is already second guessing.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:30 AM
  #297
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,682
vCash: 500
Wait and see.

Flyotes is online now  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
  #298
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,035
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I'm going to lay some confidence in Chip that he got the right guy. It's funny how he was the man just 48 hours ago, but since he didn't get the sexy name in the draft, the city is already second guessing.
Pretty shocking...I mean, this city and these fans overreacting and/or knee-jerk reacting to something? I just can't believe it. Philly fans have a reputation of being reasonable and even-keeled, don't they?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:38 AM
  #299
BlameUtley
Moderator
When all else fails
 
BlameUtley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clutch City
Posts: 44,409
vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I'm going to lay some confidence in Chip that he got the right guy. It's funny how he was the man just 48 hours ago, but since he didn't get the sexy name in the draft, the city is already second guessing.
It's better than Manziel, and they got the 81st pick. Pretty good move for me.

BlameUtley is online now  
Old
05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
  #300
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Pretty shocking...I mean, this city and these fans overreacting and/or knee-jerk reacting to something? I just can't believe it. Philly fans have a reputation of being reasonable and even-keeled, don't they?
No ****. Chip Kelly has been borderline perfect since arriving here lol, or at least as good as you could've expected from him. Bunch of backseat drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
It's better than Manziel, and they got the 81st pick. Pretty good move for me.
I thought so too. They picked up a top 90 pick to move back four spots. They filled the biggest need facing the team. They still have a bunch of picks to address DB and WR.

flyershockey is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.