HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2014, 05:33 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh no i agree he was terrible. Hoping for some improvement.
I hope I'm wrong, but Momah is a perfect example of straight line speed getting overrated if you don't have short area quickness. I hope he can show some promise, but there is a reason there are no 6'7 wide receivers in the league. It's hard to have the coordination with that fame.

Old
05-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Rosalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Please not Manziel..... Please not Manziel....Please not Manziel....
Your prayer was answered!

Old
05-17-2014, 01:18 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Got the Sunday night vs the Giants or Monday night vs Panthers as potential first ever game. Whichever game is around Flyers games I'm finally making the trip.

Old
05-19-2014, 09:18 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Benn is back, baby.

Old
05-19-2014, 02:51 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...controlled-car

I can't stop laughing. I wanted Chip during the coaching search (it's even in my old twitter feed) -- and I enjoy his attitude.

Can't be on the field due to rules? No problem. Remote controlled toy car.

I hope this is true.

Old
05-20-2014, 08:38 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Now McCoy is saying he's the best RB in the NFL.

No.

Old
05-20-2014, 08:39 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post

No.
He probably is. AP is really the only other RB that's at his level, and I'll take Shady moving forward.

Old
05-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
One is 25 and one is 29.

One has outperformed the other in the last 3 years in all-purpose yards and TD's.

He's not lying.

Old
05-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:

No.
He probably is. Peterson is 29 and if about a year away from when running backs fall off the cliff.

05-20-2014, 10:14 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

The Homerism is tremendous.

Old
05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
You can make the case that he is the best back in the NFL, nothing biased about that.

Old
05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Who's better?

Old
05-20-2014, 10:28 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Why wouldn't McCoy say that? Led the NFL in rushing by a large margin and can make moves that few others can.

He probably is the best in the league.

Old
05-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Jray42

vCash: 91
I'm an Iggles fan first & foremost, but I've had Peterson in my $$ keeper league every year since his rookie season ( in a league that started 10 years before I was born ). I've followed both very closely, and I've seen a whole hell of a lot of Peterson throughout the years.

I can say without a shred of doubt Peterson is the superior back, it's really not a debate. The only thing McCoy has on Peterson I guess would be "shiftiness", and the fact that he's younger. Peterson is a whole other animal. Peterson was 9 yards away from breaking the rushing yard record less than a year after tearing his ACL, in a year when the rest of the offense sucked ass, and defenses put 8 in the box almost every down. McCoy's last season was great, no doubt, but he had Chip Kelly's offense, other playmakers ala Djax & Foles, and defenses were not able to stack 8 in the box every down, like Peterson. This doesn't even take into consideration that Peterson has had a **** offensive line since Bryant McKinnie, Matt Birk, and Steve Hutchinson moved on, whereas McCoy was rushing behind one of the best rushing offensive lines last year. Oh, and the whole ACL thing. Let it be noted that I think McCoy is by far the Eagles' biggest offensive threat, and the 2nd best RB in the league. But Peterson is probably going to go down as one of the best of all time. McCoy is not in that discussion of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
One is 25 and one is 29.

One has outperformed the other in the last 3 years in all-purpose yards and TD's.

He's not lying.
Way to cherry-pick stats without context, seems very Trade Rumors and Free Agent talk esque

Look, I'm not saying McCoy isn't fantastic, I'm stoked he's an Eagle. I'm just saying he isn't the best in the league, not until Peterson goes downhill ()

Old
05-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 491
Who gives a **** what Peterson did years ago.

a 25 year old right now vs a 29 year old right now

McCoy has more all-purpose yards over the 3 years and more TDs than Peterson does.

I'm not going to fault McCoy because he's only played for 5 years vs Petersons 7

Old
05-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Who gives a **** what Peterson did years ago.

a 25 year old right now vs a 29 year old right now

McCoy has more all-purpose yards over the 3 years and more TDs than Peterson does.

I'm not going to fault McCoy because he's only played for 5 years vs Petersons 7
Is that seriously your argument? Put Peterson on Philadelphia and put McCoy on Minnesota, do you seriously think McCoy would still be more productive?

Old
05-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Is that seriously your argument? Put Peterson on Philadelphia and put McCoy on Minnesota, do you seriously think McCoy would still be more productive?
Actually, I think it is a fairly valid argument. "Who has played better" is usually a good determining factor on who plays better...

Old
05-20-2014, 11:09 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I can say without a shred of doubt Peterson is the superior back, it's really not a debate. The only thing McCoy has on Peterson I guess would be "shiftiness", and the fact that he's younger.
Or the whole catching the ball out of the backfield thing.

There's no questioning Peterson is a monster with the ball in his hands, but there is more to being a running back in today's game than that.

Old
05-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Actually, I think it is a fairly valid argument. "Who has played better" is usually a good determining factor on who plays better...
McCoy has had the benefit of playing in Chip Kelly's offense last year. Djax kept at least one deep high safety at all times, and Kelly's offense made it pretty rare for the defense to stack 8 in the box. McCoy played more in a "spread out" offense I guess you could call it, which benefited him due to his "shiftiness". The offense allowed him to get out into more open space, where he could really show off his wheels and elusiveness. Evan Mathis and Jason Peters are two of the best run blocking OLineman in the league.

Peterson has had 1/10th the help to work with. You can't just say "Player X had more yards than player Y", there's more to the story. A RB can't do it all on his own, which is essentially what Peterson has been doing most of these years, and continues to do so.

Look, I'm praying Peterson stays productive for many more years, but I'm realistic. I would not be surprised to see him drop off very soon, possibly as soon as next year. But until he shows he's declining, he's still the king.

Old
05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Or the whole catching the ball out of the backfield thing.

There's no questioning Peterson is a monster with the ball in his hands, but there is more to being a running back in today's game than that.
Yeah, McCoy certainly has the advantage in that aspect. Ball security as well. But Peterson, while not as elusive/shifty as Shady, can and will run away from, around, or through defenders. He's the (nearly) complete package.

Old
05-20-2014, 01:18 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
context, seems very Trade Rumors and Free Agent talk esque

Look, I'm not saying McCoy isn't fantastic, I'm stoked he's an Eagle. I'm just saying he isn't the best in the league, not until Peterson goes downhill ()
I have to agree with you here on all points in all your posts. The context in which they play is supremely important as well. Football plays don't exist in a void.

There is a difference between the questions: Who is better? And who performed better?

Old
05-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Devastate

I think Peterson and McCoy are 1a and 1b.

Neither is the wrong answer for best running back in the league

Old
05-20-2014, 01:25 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

As an aside, if you watch Kelly closely, he's very aware of the situation on the field. If opponents stack the box in the middle of the field, especially if the safety plays in to stop the IZR / OZR, Kelly relies on McCoy with bubble screens on the sides or has Foles air it out due to the weaker coverage.

Once the opposing team plays back (often due to the threat of DeSean--- I think the field will be a little tighter next year, a little!) Chip runs the ball with McCoy or uses short options (and should the LB eye Shady on the fake handoff, Foles is free to roll out to examine the field or take off).

Opposing teams know AP is going to run and he has no help. They stack the box and he still makes them look foolish.

Old
05-20-2014, 02:44 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quit acting like McCoy is out of line for saying he is the best. There is definitely an argument for him.

Old
05-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Quit acting like McCoy is out of line for saying he is the best. There is definitely an argument for him.
I never said he was out of line for saying he's the best. He does have an argument, it's just a weak one. I'm just explaining why I believe he's wrong.

Closed Thread