HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2014, 05:33 PM
  #476
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh no i agree he was terrible. Hoping for some improvement.
I hope I'm wrong, but Momah is a perfect example of straight line speed getting overrated if you don't have short area quickness. I hope he can show some promise, but there is a reason there are no 6'7 wide receivers in the league. It's hard to have the coordination with that fame.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 11:30 AM
  #477
Rosalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Please not Manziel..... Please not Manziel....Please not Manziel....
Your prayer was answered!

Rosalie is offline  
Old
05-17-2014, 01:18 PM
  #478
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,661
vCash: 50
Got the Sunday night vs the Giants or Monday night vs Panthers as potential first ever game. Whichever game is around Flyers games I'm finally making the trip.

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
05-19-2014, 09:18 AM
  #479
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 50
Benn is back, baby.

MRxBLACK is offline  
Old
05-19-2014, 02:51 PM
  #480
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...controlled-car

I can't stop laughing. I wanted Chip during the coaching search (it's even in my old twitter feed) -- and I enjoy his attitude.

Can't be on the field due to rules? No problem. Remote controlled toy car.

I hope this is true.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 08:38 AM
  #481
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Now McCoy is saying he's the best RB in the NFL.

No.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 08:39 AM
  #482
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,835
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
Now McCoy is saying he's the best RB in the NFL.

No.
He probably is. AP is really the only other RB that's at his level, and I'll take Shady moving forward.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 08:46 AM
  #483
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
One is 25 and one is 29.

One has outperformed the other in the last 3 years in all-purpose yards and TD's.

He's not lying.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 09:31 AM
  #484
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 28,729
vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
Now McCoy is saying he's the best RB in the NFL.

No.
He probably is. Peterson is 29 and if about a year away from when running backs fall off the cliff.

__________________
10 feet on the west side is 10 feet on the east side.
Justified is online now  
Old
05-20-2014, 10:14 AM
  #485
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
The Homerism is tremendous.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
  #486
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 28,729
vCash: 673
You can make the case that he is the best back in the NFL, nothing biased about that.

Justified is online now  
Old
05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
  #487
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,835
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
The Homerism is tremendous.
Who's better?

flyershockey is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 10:28 AM
  #488
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,240
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
The Homerism is tremendous.
Why wouldn't McCoy say that? Led the NFL in rushing by a large margin and can make moves that few others can.

He probably is the best in the league.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 10:55 AM
  #489
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 91
I'm an Iggles fan first & foremost, but I've had Peterson in my $$ keeper league every year since his rookie season ( in a league that started 10 years before I was born ). I've followed both very closely, and I've seen a whole hell of a lot of Peterson throughout the years.

I can say without a shred of doubt Peterson is the superior back, it's really not a debate. The only thing McCoy has on Peterson I guess would be "shiftiness", and the fact that he's younger. Peterson is a whole other animal. Peterson was 9 yards away from breaking the rushing yard record less than a year after tearing his ACL, in a year when the rest of the offense sucked ass, and defenses put 8 in the box almost every down. McCoy's last season was great, no doubt, but he had Chip Kelly's offense, other playmakers ala Djax & Foles, and defenses were not able to stack 8 in the box every down, like Peterson. This doesn't even take into consideration that Peterson has had a **** offensive line since Bryant McKinnie, Matt Birk, and Steve Hutchinson moved on, whereas McCoy was rushing behind one of the best rushing offensive lines last year. Oh, and the whole ACL thing. Let it be noted that I think McCoy is by far the Eagles' biggest offensive threat, and the 2nd best RB in the league. But Peterson is probably going to go down as one of the best of all time. McCoy is not in that discussion of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
One is 25 and one is 29.

One has outperformed the other in the last 3 years in all-purpose yards and TD's.

He's not lying.
Way to cherry-pick stats without context, seems very Trade Rumors and Free Agent talk esque


Look, I'm not saying McCoy isn't fantastic, I'm stoked he's an Eagle. I'm just saying he isn't the best in the league, not until Peterson goes downhill ()

Jray42 is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 10:59 AM
  #490
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
Who gives a **** what Peterson did years ago.

a 25 year old right now vs a 29 year old right now

McCoy has more all-purpose yards over the 3 years and more TDs than Peterson does.

I'm not going to fault McCoy because he's only played for 5 years vs Petersons 7

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 11:01 AM
  #491
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Who gives a **** what Peterson did years ago.

a 25 year old right now vs a 29 year old right now

McCoy has more all-purpose yards over the 3 years and more TDs than Peterson does.

I'm not going to fault McCoy because he's only played for 5 years vs Petersons 7
Is that seriously your argument? Put Peterson on Philadelphia and put McCoy on Minnesota, do you seriously think McCoy would still be more productive?

Jray42 is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 11:04 AM
  #492
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori
 
Mkoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 801
vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Is that seriously your argument? Put Peterson on Philadelphia and put McCoy on Minnesota, do you seriously think McCoy would still be more productive?
Actually, I think it is a fairly valid argument. "Who has played better" is usually a good determining factor on who plays better...

Mkoll is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 11:09 AM
  #493
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I can say without a shred of doubt Peterson is the superior back, it's really not a debate. The only thing McCoy has on Peterson I guess would be "shiftiness", and the fact that he's younger.
Or the whole catching the ball out of the backfield thing.

There's no questioning Peterson is a monster with the ball in his hands, but there is more to being a running back in today's game than that.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 11:11 AM
  #494
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Actually, I think it is a fairly valid argument. "Who has played better" is usually a good determining factor on who plays better...
McCoy has had the benefit of playing in Chip Kelly's offense last year. Djax kept at least one deep high safety at all times, and Kelly's offense made it pretty rare for the defense to stack 8 in the box. McCoy played more in a "spread out" offense I guess you could call it, which benefited him due to his "shiftiness". The offense allowed him to get out into more open space, where he could really show off his wheels and elusiveness. Evan Mathis and Jason Peters are two of the best run blocking OLineman in the league.

Peterson has had 1/10th the help to work with. You can't just say "Player X had more yards than player Y", there's more to the story. A RB can't do it all on his own, which is essentially what Peterson has been doing most of these years, and continues to do so.

Look, I'm praying Peterson stays productive for many more years, but I'm realistic. I would not be surprised to see him drop off very soon, possibly as soon as next year. But until he shows he's declining, he's still the king.

Jray42 is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
  #495
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Or the whole catching the ball out of the backfield thing.

There's no questioning Peterson is a monster with the ball in his hands, but there is more to being a running back in today's game than that.
Yeah, McCoy certainly has the advantage in that aspect. Ball security as well. But Peterson, while not as elusive/shifty as Shady, can and will run away from, around, or through defenders. He's the (nearly) complete package.

Jray42 is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 01:18 PM
  #496
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
context, seems very Trade Rumors and Free Agent talk esque

Look, I'm not saying McCoy isn't fantastic, I'm stoked he's an Eagle. I'm just saying he isn't the best in the league, not until Peterson goes downhill ()
I have to agree with you here on all points in all your posts. The context in which they play is supremely important as well. Football plays don't exist in a void.

There is a difference between the questions: Who is better? And who performed better?

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 01:22 PM
  #497
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
I think Peterson and McCoy are 1a and 1b.

Neither is the wrong answer for best running back in the league

Devastate is online now  
Old
05-20-2014, 01:25 PM
  #498
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
As an aside, if you watch Kelly closely, he's very aware of the situation on the field. If opponents stack the box in the middle of the field, especially if the safety plays in to stop the IZR / OZR, Kelly relies on McCoy with bubble screens on the sides or has Foles air it out due to the weaker coverage.

Once the opposing team plays back (often due to the threat of DeSean--- I think the field will be a little tighter next year, a little!) Chip runs the ball with McCoy or uses short options (and should the LB eye Shady on the fake handoff, Foles is free to roll out to examine the field or take off).

Opposing teams know AP is going to run and he has no help. They stack the box and he still makes them look foolish.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 02:44 PM
  #499
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,240
vCash: 300
Quit acting like McCoy is out of line for saying he is the best. There is definitely an argument for him.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
05-20-2014, 02:50 PM
  #500
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Quit acting like McCoy is out of line for saying he is the best. There is definitely an argument for him.
I never said he was out of line for saying he's the best. He does have an argument, it's just a weak one. I'm just explaining why I believe he's wrong.

Jray42 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.