HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2014, 02:52 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I never said he was out of line for saying he's the best. He does have an argument, it's just a weak one. I'm just explaining why I believe he's wrong.
Wasn't talking about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
Now McCoy is saying he's the best RB in the NFL.

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCWombBroom View Post
The Homerism is tremendous.

Old
05-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Wasn't talking about you.
Well you might as well, considering I agree with what he said. Some of you (not all) are acting like McCoy is the best, no contest, which is homerism at it's finest.

Old
05-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Well you might as well, considering I agree with what he said. Some of you (not all) are acting like McCoy is the best, no contest, which is homerism at it's finest.
They are all responding to those posts, which is stating it as if McCoy doesn't even compare to Peterson. They are not claiming no contest the other way around.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They are all responding to those posts, which is stating it as if McCoy doesn't even compare to Peterson. They are not claiming no contest the other way around.
Not necessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
One is 25 and one is 29.

One has outperformed the other in the last 3 years in all-purpose yards and TD's.

He's not lying.

Old
05-20-2014, 06:39 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Yeah, McCoy certainly has the advantage in that aspect. Ball security as well. But Peterson, while not as elusive/shifty as Shady, can and will run away from, around, or through defenders. He's the (nearly) complete package.
Never questioned that. I even admitted he's a beast with the ball in his hands, but Shady is more complete than Peterson. Peterson is no threat in the passing game, not a great blocker. He comes off the field in passing downs!!! In a passing league, that's a big negative.

Andre Williams from BC. Absolute monster when he has the ball in his hands. Ran for 2,000 yards this season in the ACC. He fell to the fourth round. Why? Because he had ZERO receptions this season. If you're a one dimensional running back in the league nowadays, your value takes a significant hit.

If we're talking strictly running with the football, Peterson is better. If we're talking all-around I don't think it's much of a question who is better.

Old
05-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Not necessarily.
So you are saying there is no argument to make that McCoy is the best RB in the league?

Old
05-22-2014, 01:06 AM
mercury

Benn is back. He could be the #5 WR. Also, when I did that mock roster, I forgot that Maragos is signed for multiple years. He almost certainly will stay with a good camp. Probably need to knock off one of the RB's or WR's.

Old
05-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...2014-offseason

Worth a read.

Old
05-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Most likely a load of crap but rumor is that Andre Johnson, his agent, and Howie are golfing together at Merion.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:29 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Most likely a load of crap but rumor is that Andre Johnson, his agent, and Howie are golfing together at Merion.
That would be amazing.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:30 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

God damn. Andre Johnson would be a welcome addition.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:47 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinkalage Morgoone View Post
God damn. Andre Johnson would be a welcome addition.
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to signing Andre Johnson, or would this be a trade-type scenario?

Old
05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to signing Andre Johnson, or would this be a trade-type scenario?
I have a hard time believing the Texans are going to cut him

Old
05-27-2014, 12:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I have a hard time believing the Texans are going to cut him
The NFL is weird with this kind of stuff though. Big name guys get dealt for peanuts or cut a lot it seems. I wonder the trade would involve? I'd give up a first for Johnson.

Old
05-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Hiesenberg

Andre is old, he's not really Chip Kelly's demographic, however, he's talented and BIG.

Old
05-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo

Quote:
The NFL is weird with this kind of stuff though. Big name guys get dealt for peanuts or cut a lot it seems. I wonder the trade would involve? I'd give up a first for Johnson.
Oh hell no. Dude is already 33.

Old
05-27-2014, 03:56 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't go that far.

Old
05-27-2014, 04:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Oh hell no. Dude is already 33.
Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't go that far.
Yeah, that may have been an overstatement. He's probably got two years or so left of real good production, then it is anyone's guess really. Maybe a 3rd or so? Idk. Football trades are weird.

Old
05-27-2014, 10:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Cowboys LB Sean Lee out for the year with a torn MCL already.

Old
05-27-2014, 11:28 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Cowboys LB Sean Lee out for the year with a torn MCL already.
That guy is made of glass. Good player. Just can't stay on the field. Even at Penn St.

Old
06-11-2014, 11:05 AM
The Couturier Effect

Apparently Jordan Matthews has been killing it in OTAs. Can't wait to see him play.

Old
06-11-2014, 11:58 AM
TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
Apparently Jordan Matthews has been killing it in OTAs. Can't wait to see him play.
Yea I absolutely love his work ethic to, every time he catches the ball he sprints to the endzone after the play no matter how far away he is from the endzone. I also love what Malcolm Jenkins said about "winning the day," I cant find the exact quote but he was talking about how many more plays the eagles run per OTA's compared to other teams, and he said that he thinks the eagles are working harder than any other team in OTA's.

This team has the right attitude from the top to bottom, all the reporters are saying theyve never seen so many players staying after practice working on their game as well. Apparently Connor Barwin has taken Marcus Smith under his wing and stays after practice with him every day and works on his game. Malcolm Jenkins is also getting a lot of praise from everyone for being an incredibly intelligent player who is becoming the "quarterback of the secondary."

I dont know how much attention everyone is paying to the OTA's (ive been reading updates every practice on the EMB since its closed to the media) but here are some names of players who I think can make the team and contribute

Matt Tobin- I wouldnt be shocked if they cut herremans (high cap) and let Barbe and Tobin fight it out for the spot. Reason why I say this is because chip made a comment about how Lane needed Todd for his development and helping him make calls, but now that Lane knows the calls Todd becomes expendable.

Vinny Curry- obviously he was dealt the short end of the stick by being drafted as a 4-3 DE, but lets not forget hes a die hard eagles fan growing up and wants to play for the eagles just as much as anyone and has really bulked up to try to play 3-4 DE. Look for him to have an impressive TC and challenge Thornton for playing time.

Mathew Tucker- its going to come down to him or Chris Polk as the number 3, supposedly tucker has been around the practice facilities more than any player this off season working on his game and hes a physical back that could be a great fit with Shady and Sproles. With that being said Polk is also having a nice offseason, so whoever offers more on special teams will probably get the nod.

Brad Smith- is a great veteran leader who came in late last year, if he stays healthy it would not shock me if hes the 5th WR on the team. Great special teams player as well, look for Momah and Benn to challenge him, but when its all said in done I think Smiths versatility will end up being the deciding factor, along with his leadership.

Michael Bomiro- If the Toddfather is in fact cut, look for this beast to make the squad. I think hes still eligible for another year on the practice squad to but this guy is a physical specimen, just incredibly raw still.

Najee Goode- as a WVU alum im rooting for him, probably the loudest guy on the field (according the practice reports) and would be a great backup ILB for us in case DeMeco or Kendricks gets hurt. He's also a rangy ILB who can get sideline to sideline.

Bryan Braman- originally signed just for special teams, but all reports are saying he has the size and skillset to potentially contribute to this team as a OLB, another guy I am rooting for because he is an absolute savage and was kicked out of college for making shrooms lol! And how can you not love a guy who when was asked what his role was replied "kill, maim, destroy"

Last edited by TheWolfOfBroadStreet: 06-12-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old
06-19-2014, 10:38 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Sooo Foles better not get hurt.

Only the beginning of the camps but Foles has looked great. All reports said that both Sanchez and Barkley look horrendous. Sanchez has looked the worse. Constantly overthrows pr underthows the ball. Barkley's problem is that he still has no power in his throws.

On another note Vick has looked horrible also.

Old
06-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Devastate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Sooo Foles better not get hurt.

Only the beginning of the camps but Foles has looked great. All reports said that both Sanchez and Barkley look horrendous. Sanchez has looked the worse. Constantly overthrows pr underthows the ball. Barkley's problem is that he still has no power in his throws.

On another note Vick has looked horrible also.
Yeah our only chance this year is if Foles stays healthy and duplicates what he did last year

Old
06-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Lane Johnson suspended for 4 games.

Closed Thread