HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2014, 08:08 AM
  #676
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
It doesn't.

Flyotes is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 08:20 AM
  #677
JackStraw
Moving much too slow
 
JackStraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maine
Posts: 6,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
He has the highest Hit Power rating of any Kicker ever in Madden, that counts for something.
If only he could actually... kick.

JackStraw is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 08:21 AM
  #678
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 18,375
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
He has the highest Hit Power rating of any Kicker ever in Madden, that counts for something.
In all seriousness though, is he just gone? Like I literally can't remember his name being mentioned anywhere other than when he was signed and in that article on CSN from like last week simply saying his days are numbered (without really saying why).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 09:15 AM
  #679
Tankadelphia
All Hail Ghost Bear
 
Tankadelphia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tankadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
In all seriousness though, is he just gone? Like I literally can't remember his name being mentioned anywhere other than when he was signed and in that article on CSN from like last week simply saying his days are numbered (without really saying why).
Apparently in practice he missed 15 out of 15 field goals he attempted, lol

Tankadelphia is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 01:07 PM
  #680
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
That Shady touchdown early in the game -- I didn't notice that hit on the 15 yard line that destroyed Polumalu by Kelsey (?) until now. Wow.

Flyotes is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 01:15 PM
  #681
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
Eagles That Quack
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 27,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neb45 View Post
Apparently in practice he missed 15 out of 15 field goals he attempted, lol
Where'd you see that?

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 01:20 PM
  #682
Tankadelphia
All Hail Ghost Bear
 
Tankadelphia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tankadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Where'd you see that?
csnphilly had an article. and it was he missed 14 out of 15. So he made 1!

Tankadelphia is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 04:37 PM
  #683
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
His rookie year didn't happen?

3,200 PYD (22nd)
20 PTD (19th)
5 INT (1st)
65.6 CMP% (4th)

815 RYD (1st)
7 RTD (1st)

He did have a bad year last year (injuries played a part in that as well) & will need a bounce back year but don't kid yourself that Washington's going to give up on him after next year regardless of the outcome.
In all honesty his rookie year was one of the most manipulated seasons ever. Most of his yards throwing were YAC yards done by the receivers who were single convered because teams were inviting him to throw because they were afraid of his speed .

I can't even begin to tell you how many wr screens were done throughout the year . When it comes to actual 3 and 5 step drops shanahan did his best to limit RG3 to those opportunities.
He had the fewest attempts over 10 yards and the most attempts behind the LOS of any QB in the game.

He also had one of the lowest passing attempts per game of any starter in a long long time.

His rookie year should have gotten shanahan a coach of the year award because he was amazing at putting rg3 in situations where he could not hurt the team. After a year of playing against that gimmicky offensives teams dared rg3 and the skins to throw down field and he looked absolutely awful.

If you don't believe me feel free to watch any replay of any skins game in which he as been the qb. Look at how many attemps of his actually go beyond 10 yds and how many go behind the los.

Jtown is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 04:49 PM
  #684
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
In all honesty his rookie year was one of the most manipulated seasons ever. Most of his yards throwing were YAC yards done by the receivers who were single convered because teams were inviting him to throw because they were afraid of his speed .

I can't even begin to tell you how many wr screens were done throughout the year . When it comes to actual 3 and 5 step drops shanahan did his best to limit RG3 to those opportunities.
He had the fewest attempts over 10 yards and the most attempts behind the LOS of any QB in the game.

He also had one of the lowest passing attempts per game of any starter in a long long time.

His rookie year should have gotten shanahan a coach of the year award because he was amazing at putting rg3 in situations where he could not hurt the team. After a year of playing against that gimmicky offensives teams dared rg3 and the skins to throw down field and he looked absolutely awful.

If you don't believe me feel free to watch any replay of any skins game in which he as been the qb. Look at how many attemps of his actually go beyond 10 yds and how many go behind the los.
As a former resident of Arlington VA who was forced to watch pretty much every Redskins game, I co-sign every bit of this post.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 04:57 PM
  #685
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
As a former resident of Arlington VA who was forced to watch pretty much every Redskins game, I co-sign every bit of this post.
God bless you sir. Where in arlington did you live?

Jtown is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 05:10 PM
  #686
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
God bless you sir. Where in arlington did you live?
Pentagon City / Crystal City. Really quite enjoyed it--though we had to walk over to Champs at Pentagon City mall to watch the Birds nearly every other week.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
08-22-2014, 05:17 PM
  #687
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Pentagon City / Crystal City. Really quite enjoyed it--though we had to walk over to Champs at Pentagon City mall to watch the Birds nearly every other week.
Yeah i know that area well.

I am glad to get another non skins fans perspective on RG3. It really is sad to listen to all my friends and sports radio who tout him as a savior. Eventually to become a good qb you need to execute 3 and 5 step drops and he can't do it. It comes down to that.

Jtown is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 11:22 AM
  #688
Chinatown88
Woo Groulx 2018
 
Chinatown88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Country: China
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...s-cut-saturday


Quote:
Carey Spear, the self-professed "Murderleg" the Eagles brought in to challenge kicker Alex Henery, was among five players released before practice Saturday.

Spear was one of the Eaglesí more ballyhooed undrafted free-agent signings, but he kicked so poorly in practice that Chip Kelly never even gave him a chance to kick in the first three preseason games.

Welp looks like it's Henery

Chinatown88 is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 11:49 AM
  #689
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 19,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Spear was never a threat to Henery. Far from a sign.

A little surprised Knott got cut at this stage. The injury/suspension didn't help, but I liked him when he was on the field.

Annen showed very little despite his athletic numbers. Burton has a chance to make the team if they cut Casey.

Joe Kruger was never really a fit for the defense and got passed by the Oregon boys.


Last edited by FLYguy3911: 08-23-2014 at 11:56 AM.
FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 08:00 PM
  #690
Flyers2819
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Springfield VA
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
As a former resident of Arlington VA who was forced to watch pretty much every Redskins game, I co-sign every bit of this post.
Hahaha YES! I live in Springfield and almost everyone around me was a skins fan. I tried telling them this and no one would listen. He really isnt equipped to be a reliable starter. I dont think djax will be anywhere near the threat he was while on this squad.

Flyers2819 is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 08:32 PM
  #691
ILoveStephanieBrown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,056
vCash: 500
All those draft picks traded away to draft the guy, at least they have Cousins to fall back on, but still...

Damn were we lucky to draft Foles.

ILoveStephanieBrown is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 08:58 PM
  #692
Flyers2819
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Springfield VA
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP92 View Post
All those draft picks traded away to draft the guy, at least they have Cousins to fall back on, but still...

Damn were we lucky to draft Foles.
Im going to just say it, I think outta that deep qb class we got the second best behind luck. Wilson is just getting W's from the D and rg3 just doesnt have the tools.

Foles for VP (Coots will obviously be the main cat in charge of course)

Flyers2819 is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 09:45 PM
  #693
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 18,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2819 View Post
Im going to just say it, I think outta that deep qb class we got the second best behind luck. Wilson is just getting W's from the D and rg3 just doesnt have the tools.

Foles for VP (Coots will obviously be the main cat in charge of course)
If wilson was an eagle we would have a superbowl. He is the dream qb for chips offense. I love wilson.

I think if the skins get a top 3 pick they are going to be forced to draft a qb.

Jtown is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 10:12 PM
  #694
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,719
vCash: 500
Michael Sam sacked Johnny Manziel.

I'm pretty sure ESPN will be broken for days.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 10:30 PM
  #695
Flyers2819
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Springfield VA
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Michael Sam sacked Johnny Manziel.

I'm pretty sure ESPN will be broken for days.
I heard he did a manziel impression afterwards. I wonder what would happen if manziel had given him the ole ghost BJ impression haha

Flyers2819 is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 11:10 PM
  #696
Hexastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2819 View Post
I heard he did a manziel impression afterwards. I wonder what would happen if manziel had given him the ole ghost BJ impression haha
That would be fantastic.

Espn opened the show with Manziel and Sam. Of course they did

Hexastate is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 11:25 PM
  #697
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 19,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If wilson was an eagle we would have a superbowl. He is the dream qb for chips offense. I love wilson.

I think if the skins get a top 3 pick they are going to be forced to draft a qb.
Yeah...no.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
08-23-2014, 11:27 PM
  #698
Hexastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2819 View Post
Hahaha YES! I live in Springfield and almost everyone around me was a skins fan. I tried telling them this and no one would listen. He really isnt equipped to be a reliable starter. I dont think djax will be anywhere near the threat he was while on this squad.
He played 2+ quarters and only had 20 yards. That's rough

Hexastate is offline  
Old
08-24-2014, 08:23 AM
  #699
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,759
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If wilson was an eagle we would have a superbowl. He is the dream qb for chips offense. I love wilson.

I think if the skins get a top 3 pick they are going to be forced to draft a qb.
I lol'd.

Jray42 is offline  
Old
08-24-2014, 08:38 AM
  #700
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Yeah...no.
For as much as the nfl is in love with the read option, and likes running QBs. I still like Foles in this offense with his accuracy and decision making. Kelly is great at creating mismatches and Foles is great at exploiting them. The legs on running QBs go eventually. The old addage, the ball travels farther faster in the air than it does on the ground.

kicksave27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.