HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad is our PK unit gonna be this year?

View Poll Results: Where will our PK finish?
top 5 0 0%
top 10 1 6.67%
top 15 8 53.33%
bottom 15 1 6.67%
bottom 10 5 33.33%
bottom 5 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
How bad is our PK unit gonna be this year?

We better get our @#$% together on the PK unit or we're gonna suck this year, plain and simple...if we go 50 % this year on the PK unit, we're gonna get run out of every single solitary arena this year, no matter who we are playing.

Old
10-03-2003, 08:47 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
We better get our @#$% together on the PK unit or we're gonna suck this year, plain and simple...if we go 50 % this year on the PK unit, we're gonna get run out of every single solitary arena this year, no matter who we are playing.
My thoughts exactly. I don't know what their problem was against ATL, but that was damn pathetic. I guess we better hope that our #1 PK unit doesn't get injured at all because whoever was on it tonight obviously didn't get it done!

I'll vote after I see how they do against STL Saturday.

Old
10-04-2003, 12:08 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
My thoughts exactly. I don't know what their problem was against ATL, but that was damn pathetic. I guess we better hope that our #1 PK unit doesn't get injured at all because whoever was on it tonight obviously didn't get it done!

I'll vote after I see how they do against STL Saturday.
You all need to relax a little. It's still preseason and guys are playing in situations they won't play in again all season. I bet Trotz told Pederson a few times tonight. "Guess who's not going to play on the penalty kill units"

Old
10-04-2003, 04:21 AM
Jarnberg

I don't think it'll be that bad. Johnson, Walker, York, etc... All good pkers. We will miss Yach on the PK, but I don't see that causing the team to finish in the bottom with their PK.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:41 AM
Olaf

I still see PK being a problem. The one strength Houlder had was his positioning and Skrastins was the best shot blocker the Preds have ever had. Despite the personel changes on the PK I am fearful we are going to see a dramatic increase in having to rely on our PK.

We are going to have a younger and more aggresive team, that is for sure. And with that are going to come more penalties. Orange bands like Paul Stewart are going to go out of their way to nail the young guys.

PK and early team chemistry are going to tell us a lot to begin the year.
If we start getting burned on the PK early on that may mean we become less aggresive, and that dampens the strengths of the new guys.

I hope I am wrong.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Jarnberg

Didn't Stewart retire? If so it gives me a reason to be happy this morning because I forgot all about that.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:19 AM
PredsMan

Yes, I believe Stewart is done.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:41 AM
Olaf

That is good news. He was one I was worrried about with the youngsters.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:05 AM
predhead1

let's not go into PK panic mode just yet. Johnson, Murray and Kimmo all sat out last night, and each of these guys would ordinarily see a lot of time on the PK.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:25 AM
BluesConvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1
let's not go into PK panic mode just yet. Johnson, Murray and Kimmo all sat out last night, and each of these guys would ordinarily see a lot of time on the PK.
Agreed.

Johnson : Quality, reliable, responsible PK'er.

Kimmo : Rarely burned on the PK

Murray : A one man PK all by himself. Several times last year he and Walker could have been our 2 PK units, and we'd have been just fine.

------------------------------------------------------

Don't sweat it, guys. Notice, for example, that Schnabel was on EVERY PK that gave up a goal. Much as I like Schnabel, he AIN'T a PK guy. As others have suggested, this is exactly why you play pre-season games...to see what guys do in unfamiliar or new situations.

And don't forget one other thing...this was Vokoun's first full game of the year...it's very possible he simply had an off night, and a couple of those were pucks he'll stop 9 times out of 10. I'm not saying that's what happened, as I didn't see the game...merely that it's a possibility.

We've historically had a VERY good PK unit...I can't immagine that better skaters with more energy who are more agressive are going to make it a whole lot WORSE.

/bc

Old
10-04-2003, 07:29 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesConvert
Agreed.

Johnson : Quality, reliable, responsible PK'er.

Kimmo : Rarely burned on the PK

Murray : A one man PK all by himself. Several times last year he and Walker could have been our 2 PK units, and we'd have been just fine.
We've historically had a VERY good PK unit...I can't immagine that better skaters with more energy who are more agressive are going to make it a whole lot WORSE.

/bc
I agree, BC. I am not ready to throw in the towel on the year as some seem to suggest. Maybe we saw the true Schnabel last night, though. I have been concerned he was a bigger, stronger Hulse-like player and that is what I seemed to hear last night.

Closed Thread